IGNORED

Donkey Kong XM Pre-order and demo

tep392

DKXM is amazing! Great work as always! You are doing some phenominal stuff!

YANDMAN, how much are you thinking for a box?

I'm gonna say £9.00 per case plus postage/shipping, if your in the states i guess its gonna be about £16.00 all in, if you'd like one inbox me and ill get it under way.

Thanks

yan

I've been working on the colors a bit but still needs some tweaking. I know I said there wouldn't be any changes until I get the HSC working, but I couldn't help myself. Can you identify the changes?

post-24519-0-19179000-1361988287_thumb.jpg

Screeshot it too small.

Is it the fireballs or is there now shading on the girders?

also: blue around the Bonus ticker.

Edited by 7800 Emucoder

:love: :love: :love:

• Elevators: NEW graphics and added a color

• Girders: added a color

• Fireballs: new graphics and new colors

• Stairs: changed the color

• Donkey Kong: new color for the fur (more towards the red)

• the girder between the elevators has a different length respect to the girder that follows

(I do not see the handle of the phone)

Perry, you're the maximum! Thank you!

:-D

:love: :love: :love:

• Elevators: NEW graphics and added a color

• Girders: added a color

• Fireballs: new graphics and new colors

• Stairs: changed the color

• Donkey Kong: new color for the fur (more towards the red)

• the girder between the elevators has a different length respect to the girder that follows

(I do not see the handle of the phone)

Perry, you're the maximum! Thank you!

:-D

Very observent and thanks for the compliment. The issue with the handle has been there a while. It disappears when Kong climbs the girder after completing the screen. I'm looking into how to fix it.

whats our new ship date...just curious.

I am a part of the first batch but honestly hope the ship date isn't too soon.

Just think of all the improvements even over the last couple of weeks.

This just keeps getting better and better, although likely not too much else can be done/added at this point.

Regardless, take your time Perry...These updates and improvements are incredible.

• Like 2

I think I can have the HSC support working in a week. Then I want to let people test for a week or so to make sure there aren't any remaining bugs. I'll need another week to build the carts. I have started the carts. Labels are printed. Shells are stripped and cleaned. I still need to desolder all the boards, which I'm not looking forward to. So it's looking like late March.

• Like 1

I think I can have the HSC support working in a week. Then I want to let people test for a week or so to make sure there aren't any remaining bugs. I'll need another week to build the carts. I have started the carts. Labels are printed. Shells are stripped and cleaned. I still need to desolder all the boards, which I'm not looking forward to. So it's looking like late March.

Perry-looks awesome and this is perfect timing. Hopefully, Curt is recovering and will get back to the XM's soon!

I am a part of the first batch but honestly hope the ship date isn't too soon.

Just think of all the improvements even over the last couple of weeks.

This just keeps getting better and better, although likely not too much else can be done/added at this point.

Regardless, take your time Perry...These updates and improvements are incredible.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No hurry, happy to wait! :)

Been meaning to ask this for a while now:

On the pie factory level, the last uploaded rom was still like the new NES version, where once you climb to where DK is, the level is over. However, the NES is missing the true way to beat this level. You're really supposed to get up to where Pauline is, which is what gives the level a bit of challenge (trying to time it so you avoid DK). On this one and the NES one, there's really no challenge to the pie factory at all. Have you changed the WIN condition of this to be like the arcade, or is it still like the NES one?

I don't think that is correct. In the arcade version, after you climb to Kongs level, he slides over to the ladder, grabs Pauline, and climbs off the screen. I just noticed the sliding thing recently and will make that change since it's trivial.

You're really supposed to get up to where Pauline is, which is what gives the level a bit of challenge (trying to time it so you avoid DK).

That was one of the enhancements made to the Arcade game under Donkey Kong II - Jumpman Returns ROM hack.

The current challenge/behavior under Perry's XM version and the NES ("Original Edition" which contains the Pie Factory) is accurate to the original arcade game.