I understand the desire for a re-issue...but...they do diminish the "specialness" of the 1st run and really could hurt demand for future 1st runs if people think a re-issue will happen...

A re-release that looks different than the original shouldn't hurt the collectibility of the original too much, particularly if it's, say, cart-only.

I understand the desire for a re-issue...but...they do diminish the "specialness" of the 1st run and really could hurt demand for future 1st runs if people think a re-issue will happen...

I thoroughly despise this attitude. Games are meant to be played. NOT to be treated as some special investment so a collector can demand obscene amounts of money. I frankly couldn't care less about the value of any games in your collection and I feel the same way about my collection. It's not about the how much your games or my games are worth. It's about playing fun games that we enjoy. If you buy a game because you think the price will go up and then another run happens, that's your tough luck for having a piss-poor attitude about gaming in the first place.

Many people miss out on these so-called "first runs" for a variety of reasons and they shouldn't be extorted if they want to buy or even just play such a game. I can understand doing limited runs because of limited resources, but if demand is there and resources are there, by all means keep doing additional runs as needed. That's what I love about the AA store. I don't have to have the funds this minute to buy a game that just got released. I also don't have to worry about being away on deployment when a game is released, "missing out," and then not being able to purchase it when I return.

Yeah, I was harsh here, but I'm pretty frustrated with this attitude that is ruining classic and homebrew gaming for a lot of people.

• Like 5

My opinion on this is that this whole limited homebrew thing is kind of hypocritical. You got the people who "make" the homebrews only want a "limited" release. Yet they are the same people who will be playing a repro of a very rare game. They are the same people who will say it's different to repro a game that like Nintendo made because they are no longer selling and making $$ off that game. Newsflash same thing w/the "limited" homebrew. They are not being sold and creater is not making any $$ off them anymore.

Now as far as repros, future releases go. They should be 100% different in my opinion. They should say reproduction on the label and I personally think the label should be different than the original release. This comes from the collector in me wanting the difference to be there. I would say make the same label but incorporate something like a red classics or greatest hits to the label theme. Something that is easily seen. Not a 3 font on the back listed near the copyright print.

I love how Youki is so adamant about his game not being republished in any form even rom w/out his consent while he has a webpage dedicated to a program that emulates other peoples games. Just saying.

"Atomic FE is a Front-End for Multi-emulators."

end rant/

Edited by icemanxp300

I love how Youki is so adamant about his game not being republished in any form even rom w/out his consent while he has a webpage dedicated to a program that emulates other peoples games. Just saying.

"Atomic FE is a Front-End for Multi-emulators."

end rant/

Lol!! ...AtomicFe is not a program that emulates other peoples games. AtomicFe is a Front End , just a nice configurable menu that allow you to run other programs. It is mainly used to run Mame in a "MameCab" . But can be used also to run what ever you want. No specially emulators.

I don't wish diffuse Roms of my games , just because i like the Idea to see people have plug their old console to play my games. That's all. And i don't think i frustrate other gamers that use emulators or else... because they have ton of games to play that are surely better than mine.

i don't want my game be republished for now. It does not mean never. Concerning Gnz before republishing it, i want to modify it and enhance it a little bit and correct two bugs. Anyway if republish there is , it will be under a different shape.

I just want keep control on the republish..

I get that you may have traded it for expensive stuff, but honestly without the box and manual its just not complete. I think you will have a hard time getting anything close to that price without it being CIB.

I and everybody else that bought one got it complete, and I would have thought if the box and manual got damaged in shipping when originally bought, J-F would have replaced it (he's always taken care of any issues I had with anything I've bought from him).

I'm sure someone would pick it up loose just to have a copy, but I can't see them paying more than $50 for it (I know I wouldn't).

You might want to hold onto it for a while, or see if J-F has any spare boxes and manuals he could sell you. Then I could see you asking a decent price for it.

Good luck.

It's worth more than $50, hell I'll buy it for that and I'm a VERY casual Coleco guy :)

On a seperate note (this is just general and not in response to you TMOsteel)

As far as limited edition homebrews goes...it's tricky...

I used to get so mad when I missed a limited edition of something, and then mad at the programmer for not making more available. Then I realized when a game I want is limited edition I do tend to buy it immediately now, where if it's an unlimited run I tend to wait on it. It really is better marketing when limited editions are made, sad but true, but they usually sell out. There are games in the AA store I want but have yet to purchase because I know they will be there for years and I can catch up later. Limited edtions (that I want) I fork over the cash ASAP!

The best way to do it if you ask me is a limited edition of CIB for the collectors, then a second "unlimited" run of cart only for the players, just my opinion though but that seems to be the best route for Homebrews :)

It looks like youki will release this again someday after some issues have been addressed but even if he doesn't thats okay, remember there are PLENTY of homebrew games for many systems ready to purchase imediately :) Don't get hung up just because a few people have decided to not make anymore, it's there game and if thats what they want so be it, just move on to the next game and support the guys that do make them available so they don't start making them limited edition only as well :)

• Like 2

i don't want my game be republished for now. It does not mean never. Concerning Gnz before republishing it, i want to modify it and enhance it a little bit and correct two bugs. Anyway if republish there is , it will be under a different shape.

I am glad to see you are not entirely against the idea of eventually republishing it. Personally, I am a big fan of the Ghosts 'n Goblins/Ghouls 'n Ghosts series, and I'd someday like to be able to play your rendition, at a price that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :)

• Like 1

Lol!! ...AtomicFe is not a program that emulates other peoples games. AtomicFe is a Front End , just a nice configurable menu that allow you to run other programs. It is mainly used to run Mame in a "MameCab" . But can be used also to run what ever you want. No specially emulators.

I don't wish diffuse Roms of my games , just because i like the Idea to see people have plug their old console to play my games. That's all. And i don't think i frustrate other gamers that use emulators or else... because they have ton of games to play that are surely better than mine.

I'm definitely one that would buy a new cart! I didn't hear about it soon enough and missed out.

had offers of 180 us$ on ebay,

but is not enough for the stuff i traded

I like how he's now trying to argue this is all over $20. Way too expensive dude, you're not going to get this, and I await a post in the future of SOLD even though you didn't. And now you found the manual? Pictures, otherwise you're about to get flamed.

I like how he's now trying to argue this is all over $20. Way too expensive dude, you're not going to get this, and I await a post in the future of SOLD even though you didn't. And now you found the manual? Pictures, otherwise you're about to get flamed.

i don't need / want to prove anything to you dude

, won't even care to update anymore, on november watch it on ebay...

• Like 1

I disagree. If it's a hot title, like Mario Bros., people will pounce on the first run. Subsequent runs could be differentiated from the initial run thereby holding value of first run carts.

Example: Mario Bros. was a red cart with manual and box. Maybe second run consists of only a black cart and manual without box.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...