IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Well, I wrote a nice sized email explaining my situation and found I had wasted my time as the e-mail address left above returned me a "fatal permanent error" as the "address does not exist." So whatever... :_(

You can contact the RGC team for Another world at this adress :

anotherworld --at-- jagware --dot-- org

liker all questions about this game.

GT :)

I'm still waiting...myabe I was just being coddled and patronized when it was "being looked into."

Well, I still have about 30 days to request a refund, so they have that time to verify my pre-order.

I guess I'm going to have to look into it myself, though I shouldn't have to go through this, IMHO.

Well, I wrote a nice sized email explaining my situation and found I had wasted my time as the e-mail address left above returned me a "fatal permanent error" as the "address does not exist." So whatever... :_(

Hi,

I have been informed that your order has been confirmed and that you got a feedback. Isn't that true?

If not, could you please send me your questions by PM?

Cheers

Seb

Seb if the copies aren't gonna be numbered are they at least going to be limited?

Also I'm #81 :)

Of course, it won't be infinite.

But the idea is to make a run sufficiently big so that anybody who is interested can get the chance to buy it from the RGC.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi,

I have been informed that your order has been confirmed and that you got a feedback. Isn't that true?

If not, could you please send me your questions by PM?

Cheers

Seb

Thanks for your help, Seb, I appreciate it. Feedback from RGC? No.

That's great that you've been informed of that, how about them informing me of that now? THAT is what I'm waiting for!

My order went through Paypal, if that's what you mean, and Paypal confirmed the money went through, and I have a receipt, from Paypal. If you mean by "feeback" the reciept I got, that came from Paypal, not RGC. But that doesn't mean RGC recieved or noticed it at their end, or that it wasn't lost along the way or something.

I have recieved no confirmation or feedback from RGC. If they sent a confirmation e-mail, I never recieved it and they need to send me another one. I will e-mail them personally shortly.

I have had several experiences previously where Paypal "confirmed" everything and I never recieved confirmation or the product from the seller. Information sent from Paypal garantees nothing except that my money has been sent out.

Every one else seems to be getting their confirmation, they are saying so here. If they've confirmed it with you, why didn't they confirmit with me at the same time or instead of you? They apparently got my order, if they told you so, but I'd like them to confirm it with me...like they are doing for everyone else already. I see no reason to PM, if they tell you they've confirmed, I just want them to tell me.

Edited by Gunstar

Thanks for your help, Seb, I appreciate it. Feedback from RGC? No.

That's great that you've been informed of that, how about them informing me of that now? THAT is what I'm waiting for!

My order went through Paypal, if that's what you mean, and Paypal confirmed the money went through, and I have a receipt, from Paypal. If you mean by "feeback" the reciept I got, that came from Paypal, not RGC. But that doesn't mean RGC recieved or noticed it at their end, or that it wasn't lost along the way or something.

I have recieved no confirmation or feedback from RGC. If they sent a confirmation e-mail, I never recieved it and they need to send me another one. I will e-mail them personally shortly.

I have had several experiences previously where Paypal "confirmed" everything and I never recieved confirmation or the product from the seller. Information sent from Paypal garantees nothing except that my money has been sent out.

Every one else seems to be getting their confirmation, they are saying so here. If they've confirmed it with you, why didn't they confirmit with me at the same time or instead of you? They apparently got my order, if they told you so, but I'd like them to confirm it with me...like they are doing for everyone else already. I see no reason to PM, if they tell you they've confirmed, I just want them to tell me.

Hello Gunstar.

I understand your frustration.

What I meant is that someone at the RGC said me that he sent you a feedback on the 14th of January.

Is it possible that the confirmation email has been lost in your junk folder?

Anyway, I have asked that they send you again a confirmation email.

Cheers

Seb

Hello Gunstar.

I understand your frustration.

What I meant is that someone at the RGC said me that he sent you a feedback on the 14th of January.

Is it possible that the confirmation email has been lost in your junk folder?

Anyway, I have asked that they send you again a confirmation email.

Cheers

Seb

Thank you. I also wrote them. The only way it would have gone into my junk folder is if it's a bulk spam e-mail. But, actually, on that particular e-mail, I get all my junk mail in the main folder. And I have been carefully looking for an e-mail since I ordered on Jan 2nd on a daily basis, I wouldn't have missed it, I was being careful in my filtering of mail.

just sent paypal for my copy, hope this happens in a timely fashion :)

although this isn't one of my favorite games it is always nice to have something new for the jag. i played it a bit on the PC back in the day, i was pretty rubbish at it if truth be told!

please don't jiffy bag my copy or it will be flat on arrival :(

just sent paypal for my copy, hope this happens in a timely fashion :)

although this isn't one of my favorite games it is always nice to have something new for the jag. i played it a bit on the PC back in the day, i was pretty rubbish at it if truth be told!

please don't jiffy bag my copy or it will be flat on arrival :(

You have to pay extra for it sent in a box I think.

Yep, although I don't think it's been said anywhere too prominently, I think someone queried this with Odie and he said the included delivery price was for a jiffy, but you'd need to ask for a price for a boxed delivery. I got the idea that they won't do that until they have the final product and can weight it and get an accurate price, and I suppose they would have to do that for every destination separately.

I'm really not bothered about the box or manual personally, I just want a cart to play (I'd have preferred to pay less for cart only) but I know that much of the expense in producing the game to the required standard is going to come from the high quality packaging.

I sent a test e-mail to that address just to make sure it was working - got a reply back this morning saying it was received OK, so not sure why yours didn't get through. :/

!!!!! EYES OPEN !!!!! ON CARTRIDGE?! I hope I'm not too late!

I really appreciate all the work and effort that people put into making Jag games after the fact, but I've just never been a fan of the CD games since it requires me to pull the CD out, and that has a limited life. The carts though, are much easier to deal with. I'm definitely going to buy one if I still can.

Hey guys, quick question... any idea when it's going to come out? I'm probably moving in 6 months, so if that's the case, I'd rather just have it sent to my in-laws or my parents house since they're all retired and not going anywhere. Any idea before I place my order?

Thanks!

6 months from now would be right around the time they hope it drops, so go for the safer address.

Thanks SH3... this will be awesome. I remember playing that game a long time ago when I was like 13 or something... awesome game. Never came anywhere close to beating it. I wonder if it will be in some way improved over the standard computer one?

Hey, on a side note, I always thought this game was very similar to Flashback, which was what prompted me to buy flashback for the Jag... are they the same maker?

I sent a test e-mail to that address just to make sure it was working - got a reply back this morning saying it was received OK, so not sure why yours didn't get through. :/

Well, later that day I sent another e-mail via another address, and Seb said he's been "in touch" with them too. I finally recieved a confirmation e-mail today, they had what is supposed to be the "original" e-mail dated the 13/14th. I'm sure it was, but it never reached me at my end, I would have seen it just as I saw this last one...but whatever, after people were getting confirmations who ordered later than me, I couldn't just sit twittling my thumbs and "hope" the game arrived 6 months from now. I'm content now, finally, hopefully I don't have to go through that to recieve the game later, but at least I now have notice from them and Paypal to back me up.

Hey, on a side note, I always thought this game was very similar to Flashback, which was what prompted me to buy flashback for the Jag... are they the same maker?
Same company (Delphine Software), but different lead developer (Eric Chahi for Another World, Paul Cuisset for Flashback). Edited by Zerosquare

Same company (Delphine Software), but different lead developer (Eric Chahi for Another World, Paul Cuisset for Flashback).

One of the lead developers from AW or FB, I don't know which, did a third similiar game called 'Heart of Darkness' too, didn't they? I thought all three were sequels or a trilogy from Delphine myself at one time. But I don't think Delphine was involved with HoD as it didn't show up as one of theirs in their Wikipedia "history."

Edited by Gunstar

Yep, although I don't think it's been said anywhere too prominently, I think someone queried this with Odie and he said the included delivery price was for a jiffy, but you'd need to ask for a price for a boxed delivery. I got the idea that they won't do that until they have the final product and can weight it and get an accurate price, and I suppose they would have to do that for every destination separately.

I'm really not bothered about the box or manual personally, I just want a cart to play (I'd have preferred to pay less for cart only) but I know that much of the expense in producing the game to the required standard is going to come from the high quality packaging.

Not being too intune with the Jaguar scene as I used to be, can anyone exapand on this? Will they be sending out a reminder about it, so those wishing to recieve a box and manual can pay the additional sum?

Not being too intune with the Jaguar scene as I used to be, can anyone exapand on this? Will they be sending out a reminder about it, so those wishing to recieve a box and manual can pay the additional sum?

That game comes with a box and a manual.

If you want AW to be delivered in an outer protective box instead of a bubble envelope you have to pay more (according to an e-mail reply quoted from by someone on js2). Maybe this will change, that's the last I heard and it wasn't directly from RGC.