IGNORED

Another World Jaguar Pre-Order

Albert

Honestly, to me, as cool of an idea as this is, Another World without music is really pointless since the music was a big part of the game. In fact Eric got in an argument with Interplay about the SNES port because they wanted to change the music from his original vision. I'll stick with my 3DO and PC Anniversary Edition personally, but more power to you guys.

Edited by decayedmatter

The original versions didn't have music (ST and Amiga).

I think music was added on the Apple version, but it was pretty weak stuff. The SNES & MD maybe had music, if so I suppose that's because it'd be expected of a console game at the time.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about the music in the intro and at the end. The music for the ports was not made until afterwards - the original game has no in-game music.

The music Interplay were trying to change was the intro music:

So which version do you remember the music from? 3DO? That music was made for that port and written by someone at Interplay, not Jean-Francoise Freitas.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they are talking about the music in the intro and at the end. The music for the ports was not made until afterwards - the original game has no in-game music.

The music Interplay were trying to change was the intro music:

[/size][/font][/color]

So which version do you remember the music from? 3DO? That music was made for that port and written by someone at Interplay, not Jean-Francoise Freitas.

The music during cutscenes. Like when you ride that first elevator up and look out the window, is that gonna be in the jaguar version?

Edited by decayedmatter
  • Like 1

The problem is though, that it appears they have stopped taking pre-orders at 200, and there are quite a few people who are missing out becuase they thought they had until the 15th of febuary. Check the pre-order site and just try to actually pre-order with the button at the bottom. I was going to order another myself, for a web-shy friend of mine who is a big Jag fan, but now I can't (no money until the 12th) and there are others on JS2 who have already spoken up. I'm glad I was able to get my copy ordered last month.

But I am still happy that the goal was reached and that this is going to be a reality, congrats guys! But why stop at the minimum? Will more be available to purchase once it is released or is 200 it?

Edited by Gunstar

Can anyone answer whether or not this version will have music for all the in game cutscenes or not? It's kinda my determining factor for ordering.

Looks like you might be too late :(

But why stop at the minimum? Will more be available to purchase once it is released or is 200 it?

Maybe there was also a maximum they agreed to make with the author? I'm sure Seb will let us know in time, seems a real shame if people will miss out, anything with more demand than supply is a dangerous thing on Jaguar, we know what happens then :/

Honestly, to me, as cool of an idea as this is, Another World without music is really pointless since the music was a big part of the game. In fact Eric got in an argument with Interplay about the SNES port because they wanted to change the music from his original vision. I'll stick with my 3DO and PC Anniversary Edition personally, but more power to you guys.

What?!? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on a gaming forum. The GAME is ALWAYS the most important part of the game, that's why it's called a GAME and not an Album! If the music is that important, to make the game pointless, then the game must really suck. If you think the music is the best part of any game, any at all, then that game sucks, and I think you have the wrong hobby, you better start listening to music, you'll enjoy it more.

Edited by Gunstar

What?!? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard on a gaming forum. The GAME is ALWAYS the most important part of the game, that's why it's called a GAME and not an Album! If the music is that important, to make the game pointless, then the game must really suck. If you think the music is the best part of any game, any at all, then that game sucks, and I think you have the wrong hobby, you better start listening to music, you'll enjoy it more.

Music is very important to me, as I am both a musician and an avid gamer. I appreciate both together in harmony. Gaming music is memorable, especially Another World. Why is it ridiculous to be a purist about game music?