IGNORED

Looking for American to join Defender of the Crown Project

Elektronite's current look is based on the prototype Defender of the Crown box that was set a long time before I got involved with them.

I think that it is quite special to Valter. When designing the new style, I was very sensitive to the look and indeed, even lifted the 'Elektronite wave' right from the prototype PDF. One of the things that made me join Elektronite, rather than come up with my own brand, was that I really liked their look. I had a specific look in mind when I hired a graphic designer to put my box together a year ago. Some people might remember that thread and the comically bad boxes I was getting back after trying to convey my wishes. When I realised that it wasn't me failing to communicate, (it was him.....he sucked!) and I fired him, I started to make more progress.

I have learned that you can't please everyone, so don't even try. Carl tried to get me to remove the Elektronite wave from INSIDE the box, and I went with what I thought was best. I think that many people like it.....(it actually serves a practical purpose to in box contstruction)

I think that the refined design looks sharp, and I am confindent that the box will be attractive. Unless a lot of people start telling me that it sucks, or Cinemaware objects, we will be going with pink. And, believe me, the physical package looks MUCH better than these pictures.

We already have two of our boxes using black.....I don't want to overuse it.....Defender of the Crown will contrast REALLY well with it on the shelf.

post-31813-0-51303200-1357446903_thumb.png

post-31813-0-59347300-1357446936_thumb.png

post-31813-0-42931000-1357446967_thumb.png

post-31813-0-36500600-1357446993_thumb.png

• Like 1

i am all for the pink. pink has a bad rap because too many people teach that pink is for girls. hot pink is however an excellent contrasting color. it makes everything else just vibrantly pop out. glossy white can do that too if done properly. when i look at paddle party and dk arcade the first thing i see is the black. but when i look at d.o.t.c. the first thing i see is the picture on the front. just sayin'...

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

Paddle Party is brown ;-)

But I get your point......I'm not afraid to say I like the pink....the whole Elektronite brand was based on pink....check the new website at www.elektronite.com

We intend to publish games in a variety of colours......I'm thinking of purple for The Lost Caves of Kroz an homage to the Strategy Network from Mattel.

Paddle Party is brown ;-)

But I get your point......I'm not afraid to say I like the pink....the whole Elektronite brand was based on pink....check the new website at www.elektronite.com

We intend to publish games in a variety of colours......I'm thinking of purple for The Lost Caves of Kroz an homage to the Strategy Network from Mattel.

sorry. i meant match 5.match 5 might be grey but the angle of my laptop it had appeared black. yes i think grey would be a good thing. Edited by pimpmaul69

i am all for the pink. pink has a bad rap because too many people teach that pink is for girls. hot pink is however an excellent contrasting color. it makes everything else just vibrantly pop out. glossy white can do that too if done properly. when i look at paddle party and dk arcade the first thing i see is the black. but when i look at d.o.t.c. the first thing i see is the picture on the front. just sayin'...

Hasbro just released a black and silver version of the Easy Bake Oven, do to a complaint by a girl who felt that they needed to offer a gender neutral version, not just the pink one.

yes but that is minimal black. the red draws the most attention in that pic.

Hmmm, my attention is drawn to the white horse that looks like it's going to bite the metal horn off of the armor of the brown horse, but the brown horse is like, "Go ahead, cause I'm about to take a bite out of your femur 'cause it smells like bacon."

• 2 weeks later...

For comparison, here's the the original Amiga box artwork:

575285_34254_front.jpg

i like that pic. but is it two men fighting or two buddies cheering their successful trial of rendering a damsel unconscious to do with as they pleaseth using rohypnol? Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 1

i like that pic. but is it two men fighting or two buddies cheering their successful trial of rendering a damsel unconscious to do with as they pleaseth using rohypnol?

LOL. "Prithee, jubilate with me, Sir Mickey of Roofitania! Verily hath thy pharmaceutical wizardry trumped my skull-cracking technique, and doth leave the maiden more comely besides."

• Like 2

Some days ago I read this whole thread and I was amazed when I found there is an Intellivision emulator for NES :-o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think it's called intvprog, at least I found this: http://games.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/intvprog/message/7250

But I couldn't find the emulator and not much information about it. Is it finished? Is there a cartridge for NES which runs all the INV roms? How does it work?

Recently I've bought a nes clone (the one I had years ago) and I would love to play Intellivision in it. :)

INTV4NES was offerered to Intellivision Productions I believe, but I think they declined. It is finished, and works.

It is not available at the moment.

I didn't know that. I can't believe Intellivision Productions declined the offer (they must have wanted too much for it). I say that because Intellivision Productions loves putting out those Intellivision plug & plugs and they are all NOAC based. Heck, it would have been easier to pay for INTV4NES than to reprogram all those games.

Some days ago I read this whole thread and I was amazed when I found there is an Intellivision emulator for NES :-o :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think it's called intvprog, at least I found this: http://games.dir.gro...og/message/7250

But I couldn't find the emulator and not much information about it. Is it finished? Is there a cartridge for NES which runs all the INV roms? How does it work?

Recently I've bought a nes clone (the one I had years ago) and I would love to play Intellivision in it. :)

Yes, it does exist and it is quite functional. Actually, it was Techno Source (with exclusive rights to publish Intellivision plug-and-play) that turned down the opportunity.

I'm pretty sure those rights have reverted back to Intellivision Productions. Now, if someone could just get a productive dialogue with Keith Robinson going, perhaps something could be worked out.

I think collections released on NES of Intellivision games could go well. They could include both the higher resolution, multicolored versions, and the original blocky versions (both would be emulated, of course).

Something like the Intellivision Flashback would be interesting as well, such but as others would be quick to point out, there is more advanced hardware that should probably be utilized for that purpose.

Carl