IGNORED

Looking for American to join Defender of the Crown Project

I'm looking forward to the Kickstarter and will definitely blog about it on Armchair Arcade. While Defender of the Crown is not quite as exciting to me as a wholly original title, the idea that an officially licensed homebrew for a classic system has a shot at getting some notice and creating more legitimacy for the efforts of all homebrewers is nothing but a good thing in my book. If indeed it's successful, I'm hoping it will inspire more "official" efforts via Kickstarter and similar funding services when that's an option.

• Like 3

Obviously, either your math skills or your comprehension skills are a bit lacking.......the salary for the Defender of the Crown programming is $12,500 to be completed in six or less months......25 x 500 = $12,500......you have overestimated the value of the programming by $32,500......bad at math? comprehension?.......... Or just lacking honesty?

Why did you state in an earlier post "$45,000 is an accurate number but it is based on making 500 units.....all shipped to customers from Canada....... I was simply illustrating the problem how how much would have to be charged to recover the investment if a 'realistic' 300 units was all that could be expected to move."

Why would you base your numbers on producing 500 units when you only expect to sell 300? Deceitful? Where is the math on your cost of $26 to your selling price of $68? So that is a NET profit of $42 a unit. At your calculated count of 500 units, that is $21,000 + $12,500 gives us a grand total of $33,500. Since you only plan on selling 300 units, we could then take your cost of $26 that you would not incur and add that to the total; an additional $5200. Ok, I stand corrected, we are saying you should be paying the programmer $37,700. Is that not the purpose of a kickstarter program?

I am jealous. My cost were WAY higher than $26 a unit. Why do you sell your games for $68?

So, is this your problem with me? You blantantly sell Intellivision Productions games

Hmm... how come you did not bold this and make it a larger font?

For the record. I do not believe all the games I released in 2011/12 were IP games. They were mostly Mattel games . How do you think I got them? From IP? Have you seen them on any CD compilation of theirs? Those games could have never left Mattel due to the characters in them and I would never had gotten them if they were IP's.

I spoke to Keith many times and attempted for 3 years to work with him. He has no interest in making so little money. Well, for you, big money. If you plan on paying a programmer approx $12,500 for 6 months of full time work, how much are you going to pay Keith? Let me guess your answer..none of my business. You are too funny.

You really think what I released is causing issues with you in making a deal with Keith? I showed Keith Stonix and he flipped when he saw the hot dog and egg on the back of the box. I believe that is why he decided not to want to work with us. So, why will he not work with you? You have MARIO on your box!!! We do not even need to get into the discussion of the game being a rip off of Donkey Kong. Space Patrol would be a killer for Joe as I am sure Keith is aware of Moon Patrol. So please stop bitching for what I have done. You messed up your chance with Keith by using the Mario character in your game and box, or he is starting to remember who you are.

You made me think about it. For $45,000, sure, I will do it. Not a bad salary for 6 months of work. Please note though that the game is around 30% done. I do not want to exaggerate in the Kickstarter program.

I'm afraid the amount paid to the programmer is only $12,500 for what is expected to be six months of full-time work.

Still want the job?

Oh, and you do have to demonstrate that you actually CAN do the work… As far as I know, "assembler isn't your thing" and haven't produced a single scrap of code to demonstrate your capability. Do you really think people are going to back you? Good luck.

And also, what caught Keith's eye was the high-quality presentation of the D2K packaging. He was not in the least bit turned off by Mario, I'm afraid.

Is there a psychiatrist about? When are you going to cease your pointless rambling? Or do you plan to dig yourself a hole so deep you can't climb out of it?

300 Copies of Defender of the Crown ..................$7,800

Programming of Defender of the Crown................$12,500

Shipping and Handling...........................................$3,000

Labour...................................................................$donated

Cost per unit based on 300...............................$23,300 / 300 = $78 per unit shipped

Rounded up to 80 x 300......$24,000 Kickstarter PLUS the 10 % Kickstarter fee.......Our Goal.....$26,400 to produce 300 copies.

Let us look at your numbers a bit closer. Your cost is $20,300. The $3,000 is paid by each person when they buy the game and is not an expense you incur up front. This puts your final cost at $67.66 per game. You were selling D2K for $68 so it is feasible for you to sell DotC for $68. (I would sell it for $69)

I am a bit lost. You did D2K without a kickstarter (producing 300 games without receiving prior payment). Why do you need a kickstarter program for DotC?

I can understand you are running a business but you do mention that the labor is donated so this game must be breaking your standard model or is this your new model?

Perhaps you could ask Carl to wait to get payment? Did he wait for his D2K payment? Damn...here comes again... none of my business. They are rhetorical questions if you have not figured that out. I am giving you constructive information so that you can operate your business better. I just saved you your 10% kickstarter fees!!!!

I'm afraid the amount paid to the programmer is only $12,500 for what is expected to be six months of full-time work.

Still want the job?

It is all yours. Sorry but my time is worth more than that.

Oh, and you do have to demonstrate that you actually CAN do the work… As far as I know, "assembler isn't your thing" and haven't produced a single scrap of code to demonstrate your capability. Do you really think people are going to back you? Good luck.

At least I still have my memory (hahahhha). I asked you to finish King of the Mountain. You said it would take you 6-8 months. I thought that was to long so we did it in 3 months.

I know you do not follow my work. I have contributed code to:

- Samegame & Robots

- King of the Mountain

- Choplifter

I do not care if people back me. I have fun doing what I do. Whatever it is.

At least I still have my memory (hahahhha). I asked you to finish King of the Mountain. You said it would take you 6-8 months. I thought that was to long so we did it in 3 months.

Do you remember this interview that you did recently?

King of the Mountain was a prototype .... It took many years to complete the game, and I was ecstatic when we finished it.

How long did it take? 3 months? Many years?

Edited by catsfolly

It is all yours. Sorry but my time is worth more than that.

I know you do not follow my work. I have contributed code to:

- Samegame & Robots

- King of the Mountain

- Choplifter

I do not care if people back me. I have fun doing what I do. Whatever it is.

Yawn. I was talking about developing a tool and adding new sound effects, not copying and pasting them from other games. And sorry, "contributing code" isn't the same as being able to write a game from scratch yourself. And hacking in new levels to an already written game (which you don't own) doesn't qualify as coding in my book. That's why they call it a "hack".

Carl, for $12,500, I will pay you to do a Ms. PacMan clone. No kickstarter necessary. Everyone gets a game they want and I might even break even if enough are sold. With the simplicity of the game, you could probably have it done under 6 months. I am not interested in Donkey Kong Jr. Coleco's port was decent enough.

Carl, for $12,500, I will pay you to do a Ms. PacMan clone. No kickstarter necessary. Everyone gets a game they want and I might even break even if enough are sold. With the simplicity of the game, you could probably have it done under 6 months. I am not interested in Donkey Kong Jr. Coleco's port was decent enough.

Well I like the sound of that. :) pretty please?

Canada Post IS bullshit. I'm jealous of the Americans in that respect, shipping is comparitively quite low (and usually free if you're spending even a modest amount in Canadian terms).

I really can't explain it, other than gas is cheaper in the States. Good luck to you!

Well, I'll take your medical care! :P

Sure, just send the money to my PayPal account and I'll get right on it. ;-)

Well I like the sound of that. :) pretty please?

Damn you Cmart! And i thought I was done posting in this thread........now you pull me back in with your schoolboy innocent comments!

I would love to see a Ms Pac Man too. I would contribute to that.

Maybe we could do our own "kickstarter" donation thingy without Krookstarter taking 10%.

Is this even possible Carl and Dave? Can a truce be called for colaberation on something? And willy can make a gatefold box and joe supply some cool clear carts?

Am i dreaming?

:-o

Damn you Cmart! And i thought I was done posting in this thread........now you pull me back in with your schoolboy innocent comments!

I would love to see a Ms Pac Man too. I would contribute to that.

Maybe we could do our own "kickstarter" donation thingy without Krookstarter taking 10%.

Is this even possible Carl and Dave? Can a truce be called for colaberation on something? And willy can make a gatefold box and joe supply some cool clear carts?

Am i dreaming?

:-o

I really don't think David is serious. He seems pretty determined to derail this Kickstarter, and this is no doubt one of his tactics.

Of course, if he's willing to deposit that money in my PayPal account, I will do it. However, I have promised Willy that I would finish Defender of the Crown if it is successfully funded, so it would have to be AFTER.

I have to add that I think it would be difficult for David to get the materials made anyway. There are plenty of people who would be opposed to doing a title that we have little chance of obtaining an official license for.

Carl

I really don't think David is serious. He seems pretty determined to derail this Kickstarter, and this is no doubt one of his tactics.

Of course, if he's willing to deposit that money in my PayPal account, I will do it. However, I have promised Willy that I would finish Defender of the Crown if it is successfully funded, so it would have to be AFTER.

I have to add that I think it would be difficult for David to get the materials made anyway. There are plenty of people who would be opposed to doing a title that we have little chance of obtaining an official license for.

Carl

Maybe.....

But take a look at this. Right here on the AA store, on the front store page they are selling a Pac Man 4k game! I doubt they have a license...but i cant say for sure either way. I dont see 'namco' on the cart label. Talk about balls of steel!!!!! I thought David had balls of steel!

What do you make of this?

http://www.atariage.com/store/

new_2600_10_2012.jpg

I see your Ms Pac Man and I raise you Berzerk for $10K in 2 months. If you want paying like the good old days you might as well have deadlines like the good old days too :lolblue:.

Isnt Berzerk just a Venture clone?

meh, I would rather you finish your Golden Girls game, ok Groovy? When are you making your INTV games? Is that 7800XM done yet?

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

Carl

And oh, I dont think his intentions are to derail the kickstarter.

How many supporters actually give a crap about this thread or will even ever see it? Just a handful of us AA'ers and we will still buy a copy or two. I bet alot of donations will come from outside supporters. It sounds like two sides to every story or something. I am trying to stay nuetral because it really isnt my business, but its hard. I wish everyone good on their endevours furthering the Intellivision cause!

peace.