IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Well he didn't need to open it, as it had a 4 opened: (That is right 4, not the 4A)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ti-99-4-No-a-Computer-Texas-instruments-rare-chicklet-keyboard-no-ti-99-4a-/251523305030?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item3a8ff50e46

Now that is something worth bidding on, already at $49.00, should end up at couple of hundred or more.

I have a /4 in my basement. Don't know what's wrong with it (maybe the 9918), but it will only output black and white.

These were this shade of yellew whe they were new. They are not exactly thick plastic, more like the plastic that shields an item in the store (but about double the thisckness of that stuff). They actually hold up quite well. . .

Hmmmm, I guess I'm going to have to pass on this one. To me the yellow makes it look old, and while I like the concept, $19.99 for a thin piece of plastic does not work (at least for me).

This is from the same seller that sold his first BARE 99/8 board just a little while ago, which ended up at $710 with 4***u (41) winning it.

Hopefully, both of these 99/8's will end up in someone hands that can complete it from being BARE to filled with all its custom chips, cpu's, vdp's, and grom's, rom's.

At least this one is newer revision with the memory in place solder to the board, and not missing as much as the other one, but still missing too much to get it working.

Personally, I rather bid on the /4 that same seller is dumping which is at currently $117.50 it has a much better chance of working, and at least is repairable worse case.

This is from the same seller that sold his first BARE 99/8 board just a little while ago, which ended up at $710 with 4***u (41) winning it.

Hopefully, both of these 99/8's will end up in someone hands that can complete it from being BARE to filled with all its custom chips, cpu's, vdp's, and grom's, rom's.

At least this one is newer revision with the memory in place solder to the board, and not missing as much as the other one, but still missing too much to get it working.

Personally, I rather bid on the /4 that same seller is dumping which is at currently $117.50 it has a much better chance of working, and at least is repairable worse case.

Wow. $710??? I hope they aren't surprised when they open the box. That auction is a misleading with the picture of the 99/8 front and center.

• Like 1

Wow. $710??? I hope they aren't surprised when they open the box. That auction is a misleading with the picture of the 99/8 front and center.

Yeah I agree, with the 99/8 actual picture with its keyboard and case, it is misleading this and his previous one, it should be just photos of the bare board, and at least a bold listing of all the missing chips you need to make it possibly work, as some needed jumper wires to replace wrong PCBoard traces also, besides the 'custom chips' and rom's/grom's

Cartridge holder to TI-99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Game-Cartridge-Storage-Box-Container-For-TI-99A-Atari-Etc-/171324987003?pt=US_Video_Game_Cases_Bags&hash=item27e3c3d67b

Actually, it's just a cassette tape holder. I had one of these back in the day and it worked fairly well holding TI cartridges IF you put the cartridge in every other slot.

As for Atari cartridges like the guy claims, The Atari 800 cartridges be too small and the 2600 too big. Maybe the 5200?

I have one of those (the 9-drawer variant) next to me right now. I don't use it for TI cartridges yhough--I have about 130 cartridges for my Tomy Tutor/Tomy Pyuuta systems in it (I have a lot of duplicates, as there were only 10 cartridges released for it in the US, 11 if you add the Demonstration cartridge, and 26 released in Japan, 27 if you add the Japanese Demonstration cartridge). Some slots also have some of the cassettes released for the Pyuuta in Japan, so it is not all cartridges.

It works great for those, but is much less efficient when storing TI cartridges--as already noted.

I've used these rubbermaid containers not unlike these for my carts. They work pretty well for my approx. 40 carts.

I've got the five drawer ones that are about 2 1/2' tall, which I got at Office Max. It can fit two rows of carts in each of the five drawers, and wedge some facing the other way on the side. Works really well for me. :)

I've got the five drawer ones that are about 2 1/2' tall, which I got at Office Max. It can fit two rows of carts in each of the five drawers, and wedge some facing the other way on the side. Works really well for me. :)

Sounds like a good setup - it seems there's more than one way to skin this cat :). Makes me wonder what other clever solutions people have come up with for their carts.

The wooden racks from Napa work really good. I have several of the ones that are supposed to hold 100 cassettes, you lose three or four slots per column due to the thickness of the TI cartridge cases, but they work quite well (although they seem to be really popular for other purposes, so they end up costing $40-$50 a pop used, and if you're lucky, that's the shipped price). Bonus is that you can hang these on the wall, so you can have all of your TI cartridges right at your fingertips. . .

Here's a link to someone selling four of them for $139 + about $20 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400707778059?

Edited by Ksarul

The wooden racks from Napa work really good. I have several of the ones that are supposed to hold 100 cassettes, you lose three or four slots per column due to the thickness of the TI cartridge cases, but they work quite well (although they seem to be really popular for other purposes, so they end up costing $40-$50 a pop used, and if you're lucky, that's the shipped price). Bonus is that you can hang these on the wall, so you can have all of your TI cartridges right at your fingertips. . .

Here's a link to someone selling four of them for $139 + about $20 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400707778059?

Those are pretty sharp looking. The only problem I see is that they are not covered - although that's a bigger problem for us in the dusty, dry SW ;). The hang-ability is a plus.

$999.99 for Topper cartridge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Topper-Romox-TI-99-4A-computer-game-Texas-Instruments-TI99-/360931923444?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item54093815f4

He also has another WAY over priced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-Hen-Pecked-TI99-4A-Romox-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-computer-game-Henpecked-/111351335306?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19ed0e898a

Is it me or does there seem to be more nuts out there, recently, who think they are going to make a killing selling old TI-99 stuff.

$999.99 for Topper cartridge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Topper-Romox-TI-99-4A-computer-game-Texas-Instruments-TI99-/360931923444?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item54093815f4

He also has another WAY over priced.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealed-Hen-Pecked-TI99-4A-Romox-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-computer-game-Henpecked-/111351335306?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19ed0e898a

Is it me or does there seem to be more nuts out there, recently, who think they are going to make a killing selling old TI-99 stuff.

Those are some ridiculous prices, especially the $999.99 for a cart. I don't care how rare it is, it ain't worth no thousand bucks.

Beat me to it: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3609319234441?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360931923444&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER], but if his MunchMan II goes for the $299 he has listed, maybe I can part with mine, too!

I was looking at the other stuff, for other computers, this guy has listed and most of it is rather ridiculously priced. Does he really believe he is going to get these kind of prices?

On all but the Topper cartridge, his price is set close to the highest price one has ever sold for on eBay. Someone has paid that much--and for most of them, that price was realized in the last 18 months. What the seller doesn't realize is that the market for such things is limited to a small number of folks willing to pay almost any price for TI hardware, and that once that handful of folks have distorted the market a bit, the price drops back down to normal levels and stays there for a few years. Most cartridges are not worth more than $50 in the normal market--and that is the price for the ones that are HTF. The really hard ones, like the Scott Foresman Management cartridges, hit $250 or so, as do several other rare carts, but almost nothing goes above about $400 (Arcturus, Killer Caterpillar). The Topper cart might be worth $250, but only because of the box. There are enough of the cartridges out there to make it an attainable goal for most collectors, but this is the first time I've seen it with the packaging. . .(I have a ROMOX Topper proto and a labeled ROMOX Topper cartridge).

• Like 2

For that matter, I paid less than $30 for a truly rare TI original cartridge last summer--a prototype of Crossfire using the actual final GROMs. . .I expected that one to hit $300 to $400, but no one else bid on it. . .and there were lots of other neat tidbits in the lot as well, like a BASIC Support Module. . .another truly rare item sold to cartridge developers.

• Like 1