IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

eBay hacked: More than 200 million eBay users were told last night to change all of their passwords amid fears their personal data might have been stolen in a major cyber attack. They were also being urged to change logins on all other sites where they used the same password. The damage could well have already been done, as the time lag between the cyber breach and the discovery of the breach is in the months.

Ebay, which has 14 million active users on its British site, said it was unable to say how many users’ details were accessed. It insisted there was no evidence that financial or credit card details had been compromised. Data from PayPal, the payment service owned by eBay, is stored separately and is not affected. But IT security experts, who described eBay as ‘the golden goose of hacking targets’, warned users had been left vulnerable to phishing scams and identity fraud.

ref.: metro.co.uk

eBay hacked: More than 200 million eBay users were told last night to change all of their passwords amid fears their personal data might have been stolen in a major cyber attack. They were also being urged to change logins on all other sites where they used the same password. The damage could well have already been done, as the time lag between the cyber breach and the discovery of the breach is in the months.

Ebay, which has 14 million active users on its British site, said it was unable to say how many users’ details were accessed. It insisted there was no evidence that financial or credit card details had been compromised. Data from PayPal, the payment service owned by eBay, is stored separately and is not affected. But IT security experts, who described eBay as ‘the golden goose of hacking targets’, warned users had been left vulnerable to phishing scams and identity fraud.

ref.: metro.co.uk

Ah hah! Now we know why some of the TI parts and peripherals are selling at high prices! :)

That auction is totally my place.. cept i dont have any ataris.. so replace those with amigas.. oh and mine all work :)

That auction is totally my place.. cept i dont have any ataris.. so replace those with amigas.. oh and mine all work :)

Meh. No British machines! Where's the ZX80's, ZX81's, ZX Spectrums, Lynx, Dragon 32, Dragon 64, MTX, Nimbus, Newbrain, BBC A & B, Acorn Electron, Jupiter Ace, Cambridge Z88, Amstrad 464, Amstrad 6128, Aquarius, Sord M5, Oric 1, Oric Atmos...

That's 20 computers missing from his collection. Call that a collection? Pah!! ;-)

I was tempted to include the Atari ST, but:

a) Strictly speaking, it's American (though not popular in the states. Us Europeans totally loved it.)

b) It's 16/32 bit (68000)

There again, he has a TI in there, which is 16 bit.... So there :P 21 computers missing ;)

Meh. I'll pass :D

• Like 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141301186107

He cut the price to $400.00 but still local pick up. He should just break it up and sell it piece by piece, make more money.

That sounds good, but bulk selling is soooooo much less hassle. Trust me.

actually the comment was a bit self serving. there are bits a pieces I would like but not the whole thing.

Like I have always been fascinated with the C128 ever since I sold them while working at Sears in college. Never owned one but maybe one day....

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1

actually the comment was a bit self serving. there are bits a pieces I would like but not the whole thing.

Like I have always been fascinated with the C128 ever since I sold them while working at Sears in college. Never owned one but maybe one day....

I figured as much :) Honestly, I need to loosen the grip I have on some of my stuff. I have a couple of 128s, one with JiffyDOS, amongst other items that I will not use and only hold onto for sentimental reasons (first of something, etc.) Maybe this fall after I have made more progress in my storage room I will make some of this stuff available to community members.

You're right. He's gonna lose his shorts on shipping.

You know what is actually funny about that? Were I collector buying a thousand-dollar item, I would be offended that said item would be shipped in obviously the cheapest manner possible.

You know what is actually funny about that? Were I collector buying a thousand-dollar item, I would be offended that said item would be shipped in obviously the cheapest manner possible.

And by the typical ePay d1ckhead seller standard, would think nothing of sending it in a padded envelope. :mad:

And by the typical ePay d1ckhead seller standard, would think nothing of sending it in a padded envelope. :mad:

So, my friends and I go in on a custom Coke stop light head. We knew it was custom and hand-painted, but I did not know it would be a nine-year-old's-school-project custom. It was not packaged well at all in too small of a box, we could smell fresh paint before we opened the box, the paint was tacky and you can see where it rubbed off on the inside of the box, the hand-painted logo is poor, the paint is already coming off especially in places where the unattached visor rubbed it, and the light shines completely through the logo (no black base coat.) The seller tells me "it is a beautiful light" and that it was packed properly.

http://locu.li/e3m

Aggravating. I told the seller this was a "it's the thought that counts" gift.

So, my friends and I go in on a custom Coke stop light head. We knew it was custom and hand-painted, but I did not know it would be a nine-year-old's-school-project custom. It was not packaged well at all in too small of a box, we could smell fresh pain before we opened the box, the paint was tacky and you can see where it rubbed off on the inside of the box, the hand-painted logo is poor, the paint is already coming off especially in places where the unattached visor rubbed it, and the light shines completely through the logo (no black base coat.) The seller tells me "it is a beautiful light" and that it was packed properly.

http://locu.li/e3m

Aggravating. I told the seller this was a "it's the thought that counts" gift.

Send Coca-Cola after the guy for infringement.