IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

After a careful scan of the date codes on the components, I'm pretty sure this board was assembled at the very end of 1978 or more likely, very early in 1979. None of the components were made after the 49th week of 1978. I'm not sure if I have enough of it to build a fully functional machine, but what I do have will get me pretty close, using a spare case from one of my /4As. It does seem to have some odd functionality built in--like the video modulator (and the channel 3/4 switch on the left hand side of the board). It also has a BNC video connector on the back. I don't see a joystick port, which tells me this one probably had the RF joysticks. It is most unfortunate that the guy who got these disassembled them to get what he thought were the valuable components instead of selling them whole (the disassembly happened long before he sold them, but at least most of the important parts survive).

• Like 1

I just got a truly bizarre item in the mail that I found on eBay last week. Look at the top left board (also the first board in later pictures) in the picture carefully.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121423340946?

It has the same general shape as a 99/4A board, but that's about it. I talked to the seller, as it looked like it originally had some kind of daughter board--he hunted around and found that along with a couple of internal power supplies. When I received everything today, the daughter board is the rest of a TI-99/4 computer, and one of the power supplies goes to it to. I strongly suspect this is an actual TI-99/4 prototype! :)

I admire both your skill and luck at turning up such finds. Yeah, the modulator caught my eye when I saw that auction a bit back. Neat stuff.

Edited by OLD CS1
  • Like 1

I just got a truly bizarre item in the mail that I found on eBay last week. Look at the top left board (also the first board in later pictures) in the picture carefully.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121423340946?

It has the same general shape as a 99/4A board, but that's about it. I talked to the seller, as it looked like it originally had some kind of daughter board--he hunted around and found that along with a couple of internal power supplies. When I received everything today, the daughter board is the rest of a TI-99/4 computer, and one of the power supplies goes to it to. I strongly suspect this is an actual TI-99/4 prototype! :)

Oh... this is Nice ! :D :lol:

now i understand where my cards are ... that one auction was a "buy it now" for me :)

post-24673-0-74772300-1410167449_thumb.jpg

after some days of messages me and rick have had a deal for them... just ksarul purchased them in time for a few seconds before... :ahoy:

anyway I'm glad to know that everything has remained in the family... better ksarul that other unknown people :rolling:

Edited by ti99userclub

This is actually a different board. I know Curtis--and he's had this one for a long time. It does have the daughter board on it for the Hex-Bus interface, but it is definitely missing all four of the custom chips (Amigo, Pollo, Oso, and Mofetta), along with the 9118 VDP. It looks like a clean build board from the last test run they manufactured, though (almost none of those ever made it to final test and assembly stage and are missing a lot of the socketed chips, like this one). The scribed serial number on the underside will tell me more (it is probably in the 250-300 range, if it follows the pattern for the five or six partial boards I own).

I have heard about this, but I really am not bothered by the fan. In particular since the PEB now sits on a rack with a whining 18GB SCSI drive, a server with a less-than-quiet fan, a workstation with multiple not-so-quiet fans, and a network firewall which also has a fan -- the PEB may be less noisy than everything else!

Ok, I stand corrected -- holy shyt! This thing is louder than I expected. The fan in my old PEB is actually a lot quieter. I will have to do something about this unit.

• Like 2

Most 99/4s had the earphone jack. Some really early ones had a volume slider in the front of the cartridge port (the Solid State Software badge covers the hole for it) and a speaker under the grille behind the cartridge port.

This is the special feature which I was thinking.

Here is an intriguing one: THREE Horizon RAM Disks eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2912425196161?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=291242519616&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Not bad good starting price, and 3 of them also look in good condition.

Good things the batteries are NOT included, as these days if someone is shipping something by air that includes batteries, it can get returned or held up until you get proper paperwork from the manufacturers on the battery and device safety features, which for old card like this would be impossible.