IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

This is very true. Resellers have made the thrill of the hunt none existent, also the fact that everyone checks ebay or amazon on theirs phones before pricing something. Why bother I might as well order it off ebay and have it delivered to my door.

I don't think it would make a great deal of difference what people price goods at, I am pretty sure just about everybody on this forum has a pretty good idea about realistic pricing and object rarity when it comes to TI stuff.

So-basically, leave those dickheads to their flights of fancy and wish them all the best as they sit with a pile of unsold items. :-D

LIke << THIS GUY >>

eiMdredin.jpeg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-TI-99-4A-COMPUTER-GAME-CARTRIDGE-TI-INVADERS-TESTED-/221206925315?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3380f5d003

This utter shitehawk has now dispensed with any links to reality and as such should be stoned to death for crimes against the TI community!!!!!!!! :-D

By the way Kevan-I'm talking about th guy in the Ebay link, just thought I would clear that up ;)

Edited by am1933
  • Like 2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-TI-99-4A-COMPUTER-GAME-CARTRIDGE-TI-INVADERS-TESTED-/221206925315?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3380f5d003

This utter shitehawk has now dispensed with any links to reality and as such should be stoned to death for crimes against the TI community!!!!!!!! :-D

By the way Kevan-I'm talking about th guy in the Ebay link, just though I would clear that up ;)

Now it just needs the tagline "rare" to put the cherry on top. :-D

• Like 1

If it weren't for other unwashed resellers copying the stupid-high prices, I'd just say the seller likes the item much more than you do, so much he wants to keep it! Sometimes I think their spouse demanded a hoard of stuff be downsized. So it gets listed with a price so high, the item won't be sold.

On a metal detector forum, there's a guy who posts WTB ads for $600+ machines, for which he offers to buy for $50 or $100. Hoping to snag a clueless seller I guess, so there's all kinds of players.

-Ed

If it weren't for other unwashed resellers copying the stupid-high prices, I'd just say the seller likes the item much more than you do, so much he wants to keep it! Sometimes I think their spouse demanded a hoard of stuff be downsized. So it gets listed with a price so high, the item won't be sold.

On a metal detector forum, there's a guy who posts WTB ads for $600+ machines, for which he offers to buy for $50 or $100. Hoping to snag a clueless seller I guess, so there's all kinds of players.

-Ed

Yeah it's a two way street, on the buyer side and seller side. Like the guy you mentioned wanting to buy expensive equipment on the cheap. I call those people "cherry pickers" they are basically reseller in sheeps clothing looking to get things on the cheap. You might see their ad's on craigslists all the time with the headline "collector looking to buy (X) items" they aren't collectors just someone trying to find a sucker. I've made nice with some of the local retro store owners around me so they know I not only collect but also play what I buy. When you do this normally you are gonna get a good price on games or hardware way below the retail price they advertise to keep the "cherry pickers" away.

That plastic-wrapped 4A is listed with a grade as though it is actually a collector item. You know, like these phuqtards that list Atari 2600 Pac-Man cartridges as SUPER R@RE L@@K!!

Sorry... my contempt runeth over.

• Like 2

My favorite guy is still the guy listing his Amiga 1000 for 5,100. The amusing part about this guy is that he raises the price $100 every time the listing ends. On top of that, he wants to charge for shipping. For grins I sent him an email asking if he's throw in shipping for free if I bought his computer. He replied, "Why would I do that? Would you?"

I was left speechless.

My favorite guy is still the guy listing his Amiga 1000 for 5,100. The amusing part about this guy is that he raises the price $100 every time the listing ends. On top of that, he wants to charge for shipping. For grins I sent him an email asking if he's throw in shipping for free if I bought his computer. He replied, "Why would I do that? Would you?"

I was left speechless.

Yeah after I saw what you wrote I had to look it up myself and wow....

amiga2_zpsc349a2a6.jpg

not sure if he's doing a social experiment or just a d**k..

amiga_zpsd07ded34.jpg

The laughed at the police station statement, so many criminals are out there robbing people for their amiga's... :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah he is great seller, sold 25 of them so far, with only 5 left, sadly he will not move on this:

Excludes: Africa, Asia, Central America and Caribbean, Europe, Middle East, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America

So me being Caribbean, I can never hope to get one of these nice basically brand-new babies, and be forced to continue using my well used old ones that are starting to have power issues.

You don't have anyone who'll take delivery of one and ship it to you? It'd cost more to have it shipped twice, of course, but if it's the only option...

You read my mind.

Yeah he is great seller, sold 25 of them so far, with only 5 left, sadly he will not move on this:

So me being Caribbean, I can never hope to get one of these nice basically brand-new babies, and be forced to continue using my well used old ones that are starting to have power issues.

I'd be more than happy to forward ship it on to you Gary. I've done a fair amount of International Shipping. That being said, I'm not sure if the issue you are having has to do with tariffs and restrictions and all that non-sense - but if it's just that the seller won't deal with the hassle, then I'd be happy to help out.

Anyway, the offer is out there if you ever need someone to help out with forward shipping.

• Like 1