IGNORED

Some Moron Pretending to Have a Creepshow 2600 Prototype

Stan

Can someone please verify any information about this? There's a man I'm about to write an article about, because of his connections to something I won't discuss now and in order to expose his lies, who is running an "expo" (actually more of a table at an expo) surrounding Creepshow and he claims to have a prototype of an unreleased Atari 2600 game called Creepshow. From my knowledge and research, no such thing is known to exist, and the "screenshot" he provided on his page is in fact a doctored image taken from the Atari 800 title Creepshow Pinball. However, it is possible I simply don't know the details, though I sincerely doubt it. Does anyone have any information on this travesty? It would be nice if it were true, but I doubt it. He even, as proof, posted a link to one of the forum posts on here where someone posted a link to this video, which as far as I can tell shows more colors on the screen than the 2600 could handle and appears to be clearly a fake Atari video to me. Here is the Facebook page where you can see a few posts about this "prototype". Thoughts?

"Prototype" Photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647269598624661&set=a.333996326618658.83588.333870969964527&type=1&theater

"Screenshot"

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1186331_647110565307231_1181203544_n.jpg

"Gameplay" Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZUAv6loC4

Edited by Stan

Definitely fake.

1. The label on the photo is different than the one in the video, and if you look closely, it's not even glued on very well.

2. neither label looks authentic or aged in the slightest

3. the pinball screenshot is beyond the capabilities of the 2600

4. the video is 100% fake, and almost certainly animated in flash. For example, the pixels on the bugs are way too small.

Edited by Raccoon Lad
  • Like 1

Can someone please verify any information about this? There's a man I'm about to write an article about, because of his connections to something I won't discuss now and in order to expose his lies, who is running an "expo" (actually more of a table at an expo) surrounding Creepshow and he claims to have a prototype of an unreleased Atari 2600 game called Creepshow. From my knowledge and research, no such thing is known to exist, and the "screenshot" he provided on his page is in fact a doctored image taken from the Atari 800 title Creepshow Pinball. However, it is possible I simply don't know the details, though I sincerely doubt it. Does anyone have any information on this travesty? It would be nice if it were true, but I doubt it. He even, as proof, posted a link to one of the forum posts on here where someone posted a link to this video, which as far as I can tell shows more colors on the screen than the 2600 could handle and appears to be clearly a fake Atari video to me. Here is the Facebook page where you can see a few posts about this "prototype". Thoughts?

"Prototype" Photo:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=647269598624661&set=a.333996326618658.83588.333870969964527&type=1&theater

"Screenshot"

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1186331_647110565307231_1181203544_n.jpg

"Gameplay" Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdZUAv6loC4

IMHO, that looks way too good to be a 4k - 2600 game...I too call B.S.

• Like 1

Yep, thanks guys, keep the info coming. This guy apparently has connections to a pretty respected magazine, and shit's going to go down if this lie isn't removed. Sick of people doing this crap and taking advantage of others, in this case to gather interest in his "expo", which is actually just a table at an expo.

Definitely fake.

1. The label on the photo is different than the one in the video, and if you look closely, it's not even glued on very well.

2. neither label looks authentic or aged in the slightest

3. the pinball screenshot is beyond the capabilities of the 2600

4. the video is 100% fake, and almost certainly animated in flash. For example, the pixels on the bugs are way too small.

Also notice the older style label, correct me if I'm wrong but Atari-brand carts had switched to a different design by this time, which would be 1982.

• Like 1

Silly.

That was posted as a joke a couple years ago. You sure he's being serious?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/176042-creepshow-for-the-atari-2600/

Yes, sadly, he's being VERY serious. He actually deleted mine and several other posts from his page, calling us "haters" and swearing it was real. If you were to go through his videos, you'd see one from a previous year where he has it displayed in a glass case. I knew the video was fake, but he posted it as "proof" of the gameplay. He's serious, and incredibly stupid from what I can see, and lots of people are believing him. He actually posted the video you have here as though it was the game.

Edited by Stan

Is he selling the game or something?

Wont people be confused when they go to the Creepshow expo and there isn't anything there?

The gameplay in that silly video isn't even produced on the Atari 2600.

When is this expo, April 1st?

I believe it's happening this October. They won't be confused if he does what I say and tells them the truth, otherwise I publish bitches.

Yes, sadly, he's being VERY serious. He actually deleted mine and several other posts from his page, calling us "haters" and swearing it was real. If you were to go through his videos, you'd see one from a previous year where he has it displayed in a glass case. I knew the video was fake, but he posted it as "proof" of the gameplay. He's serious, and incredibly stupid from what I can see, and lots of people are believing him. He actually posted the video you have here as though it was the game.

That's sad.

It's 100% fake on all fronts.

8)

• Like 1

Definitely fake. The snapshot and the video are 2 different "games", not to mention the picture of the cartridge (and different copyright dates too).

The screenshot looks like a pinball game made in CGA for the PC in 80's.

The video looks like flash and the pixels are very inconsistent in size and have too many colors going on in the death sequence.

Who is this guy trying to kid and better yet, WHY?

• Like 1

OK, I'm pretty much able to speak on the capabilities of this machine, having worked with it for a number of years and written some how-to guides on programming. Not to mention a couple of games. This is a very bad fake; so bad that it's funny. Hardly worth going into the details, but let's say the number of pixels per line, the number of sprites per line, the number of colours per line, the colours themselves... it's just a really amateurish attempt to look like a '2600 game by putting HMOVE bars at the left of a screen that honestly looks more like a flash game to me. The pinball one looks like an Apple II screen.

No credibility in this one at all; I was hoping for something more realistic and challenging. Good for a laugh, though.

Bottom line... amateurish fake.

• Like 4

No credibility in this one at all; I was hoping for something more realistic and challenging. Good for a laugh, though.

Bottom line... amateurish fake.

Man... I long for the days of good, professional fakes. Nobody puts quality or craftsmanship into their fakes anymore.

• Like 6