IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

I'll probably pick up all the new FB consoles...if they stay at 40 bucks.

That's why I pre-ordered 2 of each, One for me and one for gifts. $40 is a very fair price and pretty much an impulse buy. Last year Toys-R-Us had the Atari and Sega sets for $25 on a pre black Friday deal, It would rock hard if they did it again this year with them all!

I was just wondering, were the overlays not a pretty intricate part of Intellivision games? I have an INTVII and just a few games I cannot imagine playing without the overlays, now I am sure the new controllers (I hope) would accommodate people who happen to have them for the included library but is there any other way this is being addressed?

SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED I didn't feel like reading over 11 pages.

I was just wondering, were the overlays not a pretty intricate part of Intellivision games? I have an INTVII and just a few games I cannot imagine playing without the overlays, now I am sure the new controllers (I hope) would accommodate people who happen to have them for the included library but is there any other way this is being addressed?

SORRY IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN COVERED I didn't feel like reading over 11 pages.

A limited edition set of overlays is included, even for games that didn't previously have them. Your original overlays will also work. I think between that and replicating the full 16 directions of the original controllers (among their other features), they covered the bases well in that regard.

• Like 1

A limited edition set of overlays is included, even for games that didn't previously have them. Your original overlays will also work. I think between that and replicating the full 16 directions of the original controllers (among their other features), they covered the bases well in that regard.

Hey that is great Bill! Yeah I JUST now went and looked of the BOX art and noticed the "LIMITED EDITION OVERLAYS INSIDE" label. That is pretty cool.

From the pics, this is looking great! Let's hope the pulled off the emulation well, too. It's clear that this product has had a lot of thought put into it with the controllers and overlays. Would like to know the game selection, though with half the library on it, there should be something fun in there.

From the pics, this is looking great! Let's hope the pulled off the emulation well, too. It's clear that this product has had a lot of thought put into it with the controllers and overlays. Would like to know the game selection, though with half the library on it, there should be something fun in there.

The emulation should be good. They definitely put a lot of thought into it and took a lot of advice for improving it along the way, so at the very least their hearts are in the right place. Despite the mainstream retail cost, this is obviously not a quick cash-in product. As for the game selection, I haven't seen the final list, only games here and there in various communications. We can pretty much figure out what will and will not be included, though. Clearly anything owned by Nintendo, Disney, or Activision will absolutely not be in there, and anything that originally had a license that can't be stripped out or make use of an alternate name to sufficiently remove the association. There were also two games that slip my mind at the moment that didn't work properly with the emulation layer. Otherwise, everything else should be in there, save for the previously mentioned Keyboard Component and ECS items.

I'll probably pick up all 3 and try to get some extras as gifts. The only Atari 2600 thing I own are the Flashback 3 (never used) NIB and the Flashback 4 which I picked up this past Xmas - anyone know what was added to Flashback 5 other than 24 more games? Finally, any word on if a flashback for Odyssey 2, Vectrex, Atari 5200/7800, Commadore 64 or NES planned for future years? Just curious as think these are all cool vintage products that have an audience.

I'll probably pick up all 3 and try to get some extras as gifts. The only Atari 2600 thing I own are the Flashback 3 (never used) NIB and the Flashback 4 which I picked up this past Xmas - anyone know what was added to Flashback 5 other than 24 more games? Finally, any word on if a flashback for Odyssey 2, Vectrex, Atari 5200/7800, Commadore 64 or NES planned for future years? Just curious as think these are all cool vintage products that have an audience.

I've had the "future" discussion with them. You need to consider what people actually remember and what's available to license. Also, anything Nintendo is not even a possibility, so it's not even worth bringing up. I'd say depending upon how these do, the most likely next products will be based around C-64 and Amiga. The 7800 wouldn't be an option, and the 5200 would only be in combination with Atari 8-bit stuff (or should I say, it would be Atari 8-bit, the 5200's controllers would present a problem). That's about all else that would ever be considered on the Atari side for a variety of reasons, though pulling together enough licenseable Atari 8-bit games would be something of a challenge..