IGNORED

ColecoVision App

VGC1612

I have used there vectrex app and it looks very good. The problem with these android/ios apps is the lack of a built in joystick and buttons. The on screen controls are just not the same as using the real thing or even an emulator on a computer. I would maybe buy it if i had an ipad and icade but otherwise its just not worth it. I agree that without being able to play homebrew games and third party original titles it is lacking.

• Like 1

That's a pretty ridiculous amount of money they're asking for. I won't invest until they prove they'll actually support the product. They've released none of the extra games they promised for their Vextrex app, so I have little faith there will be further updates for this app.

• Like 1

And they request 300,000 for the Android version,really?

No, they are requesting an additional $50k to add development of an Android app in addition to the iOS app.

Kinda surprised about the negative feedback guys. I'm sure that a lot of the cost is down to licensing. I play a lot of pinball (on real machines) but also supported Farsight Studios on their Kickstarter campaign to bring The Twilight Zone pinball machine to their iOS app. This campaign was simply to cover the licensing costs and was $55,000 - for ONE game. I suspect that Rantmedia struggle to balance the overall licensing costs with a decent range of quality games - something I suspect that has hit their ability to add more games to their Vectrex app. At least with the Vectrex app they have demonstrated an ability to deliver a quality product.

I for one have signed up to their campaign. I like to try and support most things that ultimately promote the ColecoVision and I believe this app would help in that regard.

Kinda surprised about the negative feedback guys.

Simple emulation......

I mean, what is different than using a CV android emulator and play using icade?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.colem

A Plug & Play console similar to Atari Flashback would have been cool

This!?

Certainly not...

Edited by retroillucid

You can already do that, FREE

If you have an Android tablet and Icade

And you will be able to play homebrews toohttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.colem

Damnit, I have the iPad, First Gen and the iCade for the iMame, (one of the few who got it during the 3 days iMame was in apps store) but if this Coleco Vision App comes to be for my iPad?, I will be getting it.

You can already do that, FREE

If you have an Android tablet and Icade

And you will be able to play homebrews too

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.colem

I have an iPad and ColEm is not available. However, this made me do a little digging and there is an MSX/ColecoVision emulator for iOS available via Cydia (assuming you have jailbroken your iOS). The webpage for this is here (http://www.explusalpha.com/home/msx-emu). It's says that it's based on the backend of the blueMSX so couldn't have a better pedigree in terms of emulation accuracy. I'll give this a go sometime soon - will be interesting to see how well the controls are implemented - although it does support the iCade.

J-F, how good are the ColEm controls on Android or do you use the iCade?

I agree with JF I would be in for a Colecovision flashback like system, but a app?? I don't know.... I would really need to think about it, after I knew for sure they where making a Android ver. I have a controller for my Android Phone and the icad for my Android tablet. There is so many interesting systems coming out on Android like Mogo Pro controller, Madcatz system(way to pricy though but it looks cool), Ouya, and my favorite the NVidia shield all running Android and would be much better for a app like this.

To be honest I have a hard time believing that this will get funded. I hope it does and I hope I'm wrong, because more people playing the colecovision is always a good thing.

Also they did state in the kickstarter that they hope to work with all the homebrewers so I'm really curious if they contact anyone from here.