IGNORED

Atari 7800XM - 3.5 years later - Where is it?

Lendorien

Be patient. Maybe next year, maybe in the summer of 2016!

Yeah that's been said how many times over how many months now?

It's time to deliver the friggin' product

And, it is always some troll who didn't even pre-order one, who is blabbing away with the "be patient everybody" nonsense. I say that they can all F*&k off.

• Like 4

And, it is always some troll who didn't even pre-order one, who is blabbing away with the "be patient everybody" nonsense. I say that they can all F*&k off.

I have to agree Ben, I did not pre-order this. I have some very strong opinions on it, but, it is really none of my business as I am not one of those who put up the money. Those who have nothing to do with it(no money invested) should really stay out of it!

• Like 7

I have to agree Ben, I did not pre-order this. I have some very strong opinions on it, but, it is really none of my business as I am not one of those who put up the money. Those who have nothing to do with it(no money invested) should really stay out of it!

You might actually have a point there. I like the 7800 XM a lot, and its true that I did not make any investments in it. Fine. I'll stop with this thread so nobody else who is a pre-order person gets flustered.

• Like 1

Guys, stop arguing over that crap. :)

Yeah, if you didn't preorder it's easy to call for patience. Luckily I did not, but I absolutely understand the frustration, see my recent posts.

I just hope this all comes to a positive end, and all joking aside I do not believe the XM delays and lack of information are intentional or anything. I think it is just the case of a too ambitious project on Curt Vendel's part, regarding costs and time estimation. And a really unfortunate idea of how customer communication works.

People must vent their frustration sometimes, but hopefully when the XM actually does arrive at homes everyone will be happy and the hatchets are buried. Curt Vendel must learn how to better keep people updated, and fans must probably learn to be a bit more sceptical when paying so much money up-front for such an ambitious product.

• Like 4

Guys, stop arguing over that crap. :)

Yeah, if you didn't preorder it's easy to call for patience. Luckily I did not, but I absolutely understand the frustration, see my recent posts.

I just hope this all comes to a positive end, and all joking aside I do not believe the XM delays and lack of information are intentional or anything. I think it is just the case of a too ambitious project on Curt Vendel's part, regarding costs and time estimation. And a really unfortunate idea of how customer communication works.

People must vent their frustration sometimes, but hopefully when the XM actually does arrive at homes everyone will be happy and the hatchets are buried. Curt Vendel must learn how to better keep people updated, and fans must probably learn to be a bit more sceptical when paying so much money up-front for such an ambitious product.

And it's not just this. I pre-ordered 2 of the 2600 to USB joysticks. Was one of the last to get them, very late, and passed over by late orders. Same thing with the book - pre-ordered it, waiting months, and people who ordered it the day it went on sale had it before me.

SIGH. Oh well. The last 2 items eventually showed up, I know this will eventually show up, but I'll never do business with those folks again, at least never never never on a pre-order basis. Three times burned, the fool is I.

Same thing with the book - pre-ordered it, waiting months, and people who ordered it the day it went on sale had it before me.

Yeah, that's unfortunate. :( I remember a friend of mine in another from had problems with the book too, pre-ordered his directly via website, but the people who just ordered when it went on sale on Amazon got it long before him.

Freaks who are knowledgeable in their hobby (like Curt is for everything Atari) aren't necessarily also very good businessmen. :(

• Like 1

This is why I avoid preordering homebrew hardware products. I usually wait for the second or later runs. Granted if everybody did that, they wouldn't get made. I'm someone who would be going berserk with the delay, so I knew I shouldn't pre-order!

• Like 1

My account is NOT 3 seconds old! It was created in late May. That is not 3 seconds old.

The fact that you even argued back on this point leads you over towards the troll camp dude. Late May 2014 is seriously new compared to most of us and anyone actually trying to participate constructively would understand he was pointing this out to you. Sarcastically pointing it out perhaps, but then the tone of your posts earns you this kind of response in the first place.

I'm not going to bother feeding you with further responses btw.

• Like 2

I think it would be best if everyone forgot about the XM for a while and started discussing whether Armor All is or isn't the best thing to use on Atari consoles:

atariage.com/forums/topic/39728-how-do-you-clean-your-atari/?p=473305

Too bad that thread is locked. It deserves a good necro bump. :D

• Like 2