IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

6 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Seriously underrated game.  Nice find :D 

So true brother man. What a fun and challenging game Viewpoint is. I lose all the time, but it's worth it. :)

Anthony.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SlidellMan said:

It isn't often that you see isometric shmups, especially after Viewpoint came out. Hell, I can actually name the ones that came out in the past 30 years.

-Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000

-The Reap (Made by Take 2 Interactive, but got barely any promotion.)

-Royal Edoma Engine (Doujin PC Game that is quite excellent.)

That's right Shane. I can only think of maybe a few in mind, but that's about it. I never played Royal Edoma Engine. I have to try it out. Thank you for sharing the list for us to know. :)

Anthony..

8 hours ago, shane857 said:

Now Shane, I do have another title in mind for you to own for the NGCD. However it's not anywhere like Viewpoint. In fact, it's a sports title and isn't to everybody's cup of tea. However, I really love this game growing up and it's one of my favorites for the Neo-Geo. The game is called Top Players Golf. In early launch title for the Neo-Geo in 1990 and eventually came to the CD unit later on. I always enjoyed the relaxing music and serene environment in the game. Game isn't that expensive and found one for $54.00 (43 Pounds)....Actually, Golf is my favorite sport. :)

And to show you a gameplay and review towards it, AtariAge member and good pal of ours @retrorussell recently did a upload on his YouTube channel regarding it. Enjoy the video bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

KOF XIII後の打ち上げ中に素朴な質問 「誰方が一番強いんですの?」 」 KOF第二幕始まり始まり! プルオーバーパーカー 【Who is Queen?】 ブラック(ピンク) ブラック2(グリーン) 各L/XL 各税込¥8,360 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 開催中表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
Translated from Japanese by
A simple question during the launch after KOF XIII  "Who is the strongest?"  「  」  「  」  「  」 The second act of KOF begins! Pullover hoodie [Who is Queen?] Black (Pink) Black 2 (Green) Each L/XL Each tax included ¥8,360 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale 40% off the current price #BGMT
prove:

GMkQSoaaAAAPZaF?format=jpg&name=small

GMkQSodbsAAHmNV?format=jpg&name=small

GMkQSocaMAACkpP?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMkQSodbMAA7RqD?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

剣の道を極めんと旅をする剣士。 彼の全身全霊を込めた一着。 令サム商品 【覇王丸 Tシャツ】 ホワイト M〜XXL 各種 ¥4,950(税込) 我 悪鬼羅刹となりて 目の前のこのTシャツを── 着る! Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
A swordsman who travels to master the way of the sword. A piece that he put his whole heart and soul into.  Rei Sam Products   [Haohmaru T-shirt]  White M-XXL Various ¥4,950 (tax included)  I will become a demon and wear this T-shirt in front of me! ──  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT

GMobcOoacAA7rSu?format=jpg&name=small

GMobcOhaMAEMBM4?format=jpg&name=small

GMobcOjb0AAjPkT?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

KOF XIII GM 【TEAM JAPAN ロングスリーブTシャツ】 ブラック/ホワイト M〜XXL 各種 ¥5,940(税込) 火炎祓濯 燃える一着 シューティングスターのように美しく どっしり構えるその姿、 聳え立つ嵐の山の如し Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
 KOF XIII GM   [TEAM JAPAN long sleeve T-shirt]  Black/White M-XXL Various ¥5,940 (tax included)  Flame Exorcism: Burning Clothes  Beautiful like a shooting star  The figure standing firmly in place, Like a towering mountain of storms  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT

GMo3Vm8aAAArOgO?format=jpg&name=small

GMo3Vm9aEAESYyr?format=jpg&name=small

GMo3Vm_bMAA3kQT?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMo3Vm8agAAxEO9?format=jpg&name=360x360

Anthony..

5 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Now Shane, I do have another title in mind for you to own for the NGCD. However it's not anywhere like Viewpoint. In fact, it's a sports title and isn't to everybody's cup of tea. However, I really love this game growing up and it's one of my favorites for the Neo-Geo. The game is called Top Players Golf. In early launch title for the Neo-Geo in 1990 and eventually came to the CD unit later on. I always enjoyed the relaxing music and serene environment in the game. Game isn't that expensive and found one for $54.00 (43 Pounds)....Actually, Golf is my favorite sport. :)

And to show you a gameplay and review towards it, AtariAge member and good pal of ours @retrorussell recently did a upload on his YouTube channel regarding it. Enjoy the video bro. :)

Anthony..

May give that one a try. Cheaper than Neo Turf Masters. lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shane857 said:

May give that one a try. Cheaper than Neo Turf Masters. lol

Awesome Shane. Hope it will be to your liking. I enjoy this classic title for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Ghosts 'n Goblins-Esque Platformer 'Gladmort' Heading To Neo Geo, Steam, & Dreamcast

A Kickstarter will launch on May 6th

by Jack Yarwood  7:45am

Gladmort  

Update [Fri 3rd May, 2024 12:45 BST]: PixelHeart has finally offered a bit more information on its upcoming action-platformer Gladmort.

According to a recent Twitter post, a Kickstarter for the project will go live on May 6th, 2024 at 6pm CEST, with versions of the game planned for the Neo Geo, Sega Dreamcast, and Steam.

A few other platforms also seemed to be in the works too, but the Neo Geo-CD doesn't currently seem to be among them despite the company's previous statements.

Original Story [Thu 25th Apr, 2024 16:30 BST]: The publisher PixelHeart seems to be gearing up to make an announcement about its upcoming Ghost 'n Goblins-esque title Gladmort, putting out a video today asking for the community's help to take the Neo Geo game even further and promising more news shortly.

Gladmort, in case you've never heard of it, is a promising run 'n gunner that is scheduled to come to the Neo Geo MVS, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo-CD in 2024, and is being developed by Chips on Steroids — who previously made Neotris.

It was originally announced back in May 2023 on Twitter and was later shown off at a couple of French gaming conventions, including Stunfest 2023 and Retro Gaming Play 2024, with some videos and images from the game surfacing at these events.

PixelHeart itself hasn't shared much about the title on social media in terms of official screenshots or trailers, but that all seems to be about to change, with the company posting a video that seems to indicate some official news is finally on the way.

The short message featured in the video reads:

"Our bad guy needs your support in 2024. Help us take the game further. May 2024. Neo Geo."

As you'll no doubt notice, Gladmort isn't explicitly named in the video — likely in an attempt to add a further bit of mystery to the announcement — but one of the characters that is displayed in the background seems to be a 1:1 match the protagonist as shown in some of the public demos.

We're not entirely sure what this announcement will be, but judging from the reference to "support" and "help", we suspect it may have something to do with crowdfunding.

Anthony..

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Charlie Cat said:

Hi guys,

Ghosts 'n Goblins-Esque Platformer 'Gladmort' Heading To Neo Geo, Steam, & Dreamcast

A Kickstarter will launch on May 6th

by Jack Yarwood  7:45am

Gladmort  

Update [Fri 3rd May, 2024 12:45 BST]: PixelHeart has finally offered a bit more information on its upcoming action-platformer Gladmort.

According to a recent Twitter post, a Kickstarter for the project will go live on May 6th, 2024 at 6pm CEST, with versions of the game planned for the Neo Geo, Sega Dreamcast, and Steam.

A few other platforms also seemed to be in the works too, but the Neo Geo-CD doesn't currently seem to be among them despite the company's previous statements.

Original Story [Thu 25th Apr, 2024 16:30 BST]: The publisher PixelHeart seems to be gearing up to make an announcement about its upcoming Ghost 'n Goblins-esque title Gladmort, putting out a video today asking for the community's help to take the Neo Geo game even further and promising more news shortly.

Gladmort, in case you've never heard of it, is a promising run 'n gunner that is scheduled to come to the Neo Geo MVS, Neo Geo AES, and Neo Geo-CD in 2024, and is being developed by Chips on Steroids — who previously made Neotris.

It was originally announced back in May 2023 on Twitter and was later shown off at a couple of French gaming conventions, including Stunfest 2023 and Retro Gaming Play 2024, with some videos and images from the game surfacing at these events.

PixelHeart itself hasn't shared much about the title on social media in terms of official screenshots or trailers, but that all seems to be about to change, with the company posting a video that seems to indicate some official news is finally on the way.

The short message featured in the video reads:

"Our bad guy needs your support in 2024. Help us take the game further. May 2024. Neo Geo."

As you'll no doubt notice, Gladmort isn't explicitly named in the video — likely in an attempt to add a further bit of mystery to the announcement — but one of the characters that is displayed in the background seems to be a 1:1 match the protagonist as shown in some of the public demos.

We're not entirely sure what this announcement will be, but judging from the reference to "support" and "help", we suspect it may have something to do with crowdfunding.

Anthony..

I hope they do decide to release in on NEO-GEO CD. 🤞🏻

• Like 2

Been playing Street Slam/Dunk Dreams(burned copy) today...

I don't even particularly like Basketball thou really had fun with this one. Definitely buying the original, the Japanese version is affordable. 👍🏻

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shane857 said:

I don't even particularly like Basketball thou really had fun with this one. Definitely buying the original, the Japanese version is affordable. 👍🏻

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

arcade sports aren't sims,

also baseball stars 2 might be the best looking baseball game ever, 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, shane857 said:

Always loved the soundtrack to Street Jam Shane. I use to have a CD that I burned back in High School while listening it in my stereo system when I was doing house chores. Made the late afternoon fun and the work done faster. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Madwindoman said:

A hockey game for the neo Geo would have been awesome. Slap Fight Neo or something like that

You can say that again Matt. I would love to play a good hockey game for the Neo-Geo. I wonder why they didn't officially do so. I mean they had a horse racing title, why not a Hockey title?

Anthony..

12 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I found (and bought) another gem for Neo-Geo CD: Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser! It has giant sprites, smooth animation, addictive gameplay and a killer sound track!

IMG_8821.thumb.jpeg.23f7adbcbdbd343c1564e2b9fc7845f5.jpeg

Check it out here:

WOW! Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. What a game this is Mike. I remember buying this for cheap on the AES. I was thinking to myself why isn't anybody playing this more often? Now the price skyrocketed. Yikes! 😮 

Anthony..

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

令サム商品 【勝利絵ミニ屏風】 約 W143mm × H94mm 全27種 各種 税込 1パック ¥880 ブラインド販売 BOX ¥23,760 コンプリート 風を捉えるかのように 目当ての屏風も捉えよう Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
 Rei Sam Products   [Victory Picture Mini Folding Screen] Approx. W143mm x H94mm   27 types in total Various tax included   1 pack ¥880 Blind sale   BOX ¥23,760 Complete  Capture the screen you are looking for as if catching the wind  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT

GMt_KZpawAAKNWH?format=jpg&name=small

GMt_KZoa0AA1s5o?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMt_KZobkAAxrmS?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

令サム商品 紹介だ!パピィ ゴー! 正義のs者とその相棒 見参っ 【ガルフォード&パピィ Tシャツ】 ホワイト M〜XXL 各種 ¥4,950(税込) 正義を愛する 平和の為の一着 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
 Rei Sam Products  Introducing! Pappy Go!  The righteous ninja and his partner are here   [Galford & Puppy T-shirt] White M-XXL   various ¥4,950 (tax included) Love justice, wear for peace  Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on  40% OFF the listed price  #BGMT
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GMthmhsakAAG37H?format=jpg&name=small

GMthmhsaEAA8nvU?format=jpg&name=small

GMthmhuaIAAgItb?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

武器を構え間合いを詰め 黒子が旗を振り下ろす刹那!が サムライスピリッツの醍醐味かも! 【真サム ニュートラルポーズミニアクリルスタンド】 1PACK ¥660 ブラインド販売 1BOX ¥11,880 全18 種コンプリート 各税込 Half Anniversary Thanks Sale開催中 表示価格より40%OFF #BGMT
The moment when Kuroko readies his weapon, closes the distance, and swings down his flag! That may be the best part of Samurai Spirits! [True Sam neutral pose mini acrylic stand]  1PACK ¥660 Blind sales  1BOX ¥11,880 All 18 types complete, tax included Half Anniversary Thanks Sale now on  40% off the listed price #BGMT

GMY4QiTaEAAQy_D?format=jpg&name=small

GMY4QiQa8AA_9Kx?format=jpg&name=360x360

GMY4QigacAAS1Lw?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Hmmm. This looks interesting. SNK is hiring for an Art of Fighting and Samurai Shodown project. Nice!!! :)

SNK need a lot of manpower on their new project for "Art of fighting" and "Samurai Shodown" !! If you're an artist / programmer and want to work in Japan with SNK, it's your chance now https://snk-corp.co.jp/recruit/eng/ #SNK #AOF #SamuraiShodown #ArtOfFighting

Anthony...

Bought this awesome game today on e-bay for £150, seller wanted £200 originally so not too bad.

I have a burned copy already, thou had to get an original.

This game is a 2d masterpiece! Shame the sequel was cancelled. There are rumours of proto-types floating around...I wonder? 🤔

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

WOW! Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer. What a game this is Mike. I remember buying this for cheap on the AES. I was thinking to myself why isn't anybody playing this more often? Now the price skyrocketed. Yikes! 😮 

Anthony..

Hey @Charlie Cat

Yes, the game is VERY expensive. Luckily, I won it in an auction for $91USD; the cheapest I have ever seen it. I can’t wait for it to arrive, so I can play it!

I finally have a new capture device, which means I will record my gameplay. I’m so excited!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shane857 said:

Bought this awesome game today on e-bay for £150, seller wanted £200 originally so not too bad.

I have a burned copy already, thou had to get an original.

This game is a 2d masterpiece! Shame the sequel was cancelled. There are rumours of proto-types floating around...I wonder? 🤔

s-l1600.jpg

Excellent choice, @shane857. Magician Lord is an absolute favorite of mine; Nam 1975 is second. 

If you ever need advice to play the game (especially since it starts getting harder past level 2), I am here for you.

Edited by ColecoGamer
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shane857 said:

s-l1600.jpg

I forgot to mention that a playable prototype does exist for the Neo-Geo Pocket handheld system. In all honesty, I am not sure if one exists for the MVS/AES and CD systems, though. I did hear that a very wealthy collector has an MVS version, but refuses to dump the ROMs. This is all hearsay and it cannot be proven, since no name was ever given. Maybe we will see it someday, if any truth is behind the story.

• Like 2