IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Oops, I ran out of time to edit. No choice but to double post~

I've been looking through PixelHeart's comments on their Andro Dunos II trailers and it seems that they are considering a Neo Geo version of Andro Dunos II. If they do make an AES version, I'll insta-preorder it without hesitation, just like how I insta-preordered the Dreamcast version.

And... what the hell, why not. I bought their Japanese AES Andro Dunos reissue. Looking forward to finally owning something for the AES that isn't a fighting game or Magician Lord. I like Magician Lord (and I know it's Anthony's favourite Neo Geo game) and the fighters that I have, which are some of the best fighting games ever made, but I do want to have some more variety than just fighting games and Magician Lord.

There's a coupon for 15% off, if you want it. It's "newpixel". You can only use it once, so choose wisely~

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Would Andro Dunos II run on the Neo Geo? It's in 4:3 already and I don't think I saw anything in the trailer that the Neo Geo can't do, but I didn't count the colors on screen. 4096 should be enough, though.

I did some research on the developer of this game, by the way. It's Picorinne Soft, which is apparently just a single dude who makes shooting games, and his brother, who makes RPGs. Apparently this Picorinne Soft dude is some sort of shooting game-making god or something, so expect Andro Dunos II to potentially/possibly be some sort of system-defining god-tier shooting game.

Interesting Steve. Now that you mean it, about a weak ago I was on Twitter and we viewing a page called Picorinna Soft after Twitter mention a view developers that I should follow. What this happen to be the same Picorinne Soft you're talking about?

https://twitter.com/picorinne_soft

600x200

-OgE1Vq0_200x200.jpg

Follow
ピコリンネソフト
@picorinne_soft
ゲームを制作しています。 「ディスクリーチャーズWORLD」制作中。 「INFINOS EXA」「ディスクリーチャーズ」「INFINOS外伝」「Battle Crust」「INFINOS2」などリリース。 ディスクリーチャーズアカウント→
Translated from Japanese by
I'm making a game. "Discreatures WORLD" is being produced. Released "INFINOS EXA", "Discreatures", "INFINOS Gaiden", "Battle Crust", "INFINOS 2", etc. Discreachers account →

Anthony..

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I've been looking through PixelHeart's comments on their Andro Dunos II trailers and it seems that they are considering a Neo Geo version of Andro Dunos II. If they do make an AES version, I'll insta-preorder it without hesitation, just like how I insta-preordered the Dreamcast version.

I agree Steve. If they make an Andro Dunos II on Neo-Geo, I'll pre-order it right away. They do have great public relation skills and reply back right away. Plus, those pics that they share to you on the PCB boards shows that they really go the distance to awesome our questions for sure Steve. 8^)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

先日よりご紹介しておりました『SAMURAI SPIRITS』とのコラボ特設ページが公開されました! 4/26(月)10:00より開催決定です! #パズドラ #サムスピ https://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/samuraispirits/210423/index.html

The special page for collaboration with "SAMURAI SPIRITS", which was introduced the other day, has been released! It will be held from 10:00 on 4/26 (Monday)! #パズドラ#サムスピ https://pad.gungho.jp/member/collabo/samuraispirits/210423/index.html

Anthony..

Hi guys,

5月28日(金)【22卒 デザイナー職限定】 会社説明会・作品講評会(Web)の日程が決まりました! 詳しくはこちらから↓↓ https://job.rikunabi.com/2022/company/r722101071/seminar/C003/

#新卒採用2022 #SNK #ゲーム業界 #ポートフォリオ #関西

May 28th (Friday) [22 graduates only for designers] The schedule for the company information session and work review session (Web) has been decided! For more information is here ↓↓ https://job.rikunabi.com/2022/company/r722101071/seminar/C003/

#新卒採用2022#SNK#ゲーム業界#ポートフォリオ#関西

Anthony..

Hi guys,

フォロワー数2万人突破/ なんと寝て起きたら、#SNK エンタテインメント公式のフォロワー数が2万人を突破してました!! みなさまいつもありがとうございます

これからもマーピー共々どうぞよろしくお願いいたします! 近々フォロワー様2万人突破記念キャンペーンも開催予定ですのでお楽しみに♪

\

Over 20,000 followers / What a sleep and wake up #SNK The number of official entertainment followers has exceeded 20,000! !! Thank you all

We look forward to working with you in the future! We are planning to hold a campaign to commemorate the number of followers exceeding 20,000 soon, so please look forward to it.♪

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with Atariage member lutechsource =. Lu started a new channel to host all dedicated retrogaming and retrocomputing. So here's part 1 of building a arcade stick for the Neo-Geo. Enjoy. :) 

From the description,

"Creating an arcade stick has been a long overdue project for me. While doing research on what I need, I decided to convert a cheap iCade mini arcade cabinet to work on the Neo Geo. This is just meant to be a prototype to prepare me for the real build. I'm new at this so let me know what I can do better for the real build."

Anthony..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Interesting Steve. Now that you mean it, about a weak ago I was on Twitter and we viewing a page called Picorinna Soft after Twitter mention a view developers that I should follow. What this happen to be the same Picorinne Soft you're talking about?

https://twitter.com/picorinne_soft

600x200

-OgE1Vq0_200x200.jpg

Follow
ピコリンネソフト
@picorinne_soft
ゲームを制作しています。 「ディスクリーチャーズWORLD」制作中。 「INFINOS EXA」「ディスクリーチャーズ」「INFINOS外伝」「Battle Crust」「INFINOS2」などリリース。 ディスクリーチャーズアカウント→
I'm making a game. "Discreatures WORLD" is being produced. Released "INFINOS EXA", "Discreatures", "INFINOS Gaiden", "Battle Crust", "INFINOS 2", etc. Discreachers account →

Anthony..

Yeah, that's Picorinne Soft, the dude who is making Andro Dunos II. Most of his Infinos games are free on his website (and Infinos Gaiden is 1000 yen on Steam, but I'm not sure what the international prices are) and apparently they are extremely excellent. I have not played any of them yet. It seems that Andro Dunos II is more or less Infinos 4 with an Andro Dunos skin and weapons and stuff, so if you like Infinos, Andro Dunos II is something to be excited about.

Actually, I kind of want to talk about the original Andro Dunos, especially now that I bought the damn thing. I haven't played it beyond the first few minutes on my Darksoft cart, but you seem to really like it. How does it compare to something like Thunder Force? Not a whole lot of people talk about Andro Dunos. I think it's because the graphics are definitely closer to something like PC Engine than what is typically seen on the Neo Geo, so they think it's probably bad and pass over it or something. I guess a lot of people passed over it at the time for that. Its tiny ROM size of only 34 megs, which makes it the #3 smallest Neo Geo game (Puzzled is smallest at 22, then I think League Bowling is next at 26, then Andro Dunos at 34, unless there is something that I forgot) means that they didn't have space for the typical MASSIVE SPRITES of other Neo Geo games. People who know what it is seem to love the game, though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:36 AM, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

More from RetroGeo on the upcoming Neo-Geo homebrew, The Eye of the Typhoon. Excellent to see this. :) 

From the description,

"This is the development progress as of April 22 2021 running on PC development version."

Anthony..

This is coming on great!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, that's Picorinne Soft, the dude who is making Andro Dunos II. Most of his Infinos games are free on his website (and Infinos Gaiden is 1000 yen on Steam, but I'm not sure what the international prices are) and apparently they are extremely excellent. I have not played any of them yet. It seems that Andro Dunos II is more or less Infinos 4 with an Andro Dunos skin and weapons and stuff, so if you like Infinos, Andro Dunos II is something to be excited about.

Actually, I kind of want to talk about the original Andro Dunos, especially now that I bought the damn thing. I haven't played it beyond the first few minutes on my Darksoft cart, but you seem to really like it. How does it compare to something like Thunder Force? Not a whole lot of people talk about Andro Dunos. I think it's because the graphics are definitely closer to something like PC Engine than what is typically seen on the Neo Geo, so they think it's probably bad and pass over it or something. I guess a lot of people passed over it at the time for that. Its tiny ROM size of only 34 megs, which makes it the #3 smallest Neo Geo game (Puzzled is smallest at 22, then I think League Bowling is next at 26, then Andro Dunos at 34, unless there is something that I forgot) means that they didn't have space for the typical MASSIVE SPRITES of other Neo Geo games. People who know what it is seem to love the game, though.

I agree Steve. Picorinne Soft does some amazing work and have to say when it was recommended to me to see their page off Twitter, I was really impressed on what they have to offer. Talented workers they are and like to see them work on a Neo-Geo title. I'm sure they can do games just as good (if not better than) as NGDEVTEAM. So I wish them all the best on trying to accomplish that goal on doing so.  :)

Now in regards to Audro Dunos. I remember just about all in the community said that it's one of the best titles for the Neo-Geo despite it's low Meg count. In fact members like @BettyHordeClinic @retrorussell that contribute with their videos said it's very enjoyable. They all said that the gameplay is fantastic and even though it's not a long game to play, it's replay value is very high. Is it better than Thunder Force?...Well, I guess it's safe to say both are equal IMO.

Here are there videos to listen in on what they had to say Steve.

Anthony..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Found something cool for MV1C people:

https://www.retrorgb.com/cpshdmi-ported-to-neo-geo-mv1c.html

Wow! That really is cool news Steve. Thank you for sharing tis with us. :) :thumbsup:

Anthony..

CPSHDMI Ported to Neo Geo MV1C

Posted on April 23, 2021 by Bob
CPSHDMI_MV1C.jpg

CPSHDMI / OSSC creator Markus has just ported his incredible HDMI kit to the Neo Geo MVS, MV1C motherboard.  It’s a true digital-to-digital A/V mod and an amazing choice for people looking to stream, or play MVS games!  The Open MVS project is currently adapting the case to the required location of the HDMI port and there’s potential for more revisions of the Neo Geo to be added to the compatibility list.  More info below and to install your own, pick up a CPSHDMI kit, follow Markus’ installation instructions and flash the board with the new Neo Geo firmware:

Firmware / Installation:  https://github.com/marqs85/cps2_digiav/tree/master/board/neogeo
Purchase a CPSHDMI Board:  https://videogameperfection.com/products/cps2-cps3-digital-av-interface-diy-kit/
OpenMVS Project:  https://www.retrorgb.com/openmvs.html

As with the other CPSHDMI installation, the board needs to be kept as close as possible to the installation points.  As a result, the best current location found requires the HDMI port to be mounted out the side of the case.  Using a right angle HDMI cable should help improve cable management, but we’re also looking into alternatives, such as a custom breakout connector that allows the HDMI connector itself to relocate to the rear of the case.  At the moment, I recommend this be an expert-only installation, as you may end up re-doing the mod after more more testing is performed.  To be clear:  Everything seems to be working perfectly, but we’re still researching mounting alternatives.

Performance and features are identical to the CPS variants of the firmware:  Absolutely awesome.  The output is outstanding and the firmware offers the same amazing features, such as 5x mode with vertical adjustments, “CRT” modes for both 240p and 480p “VGA”, scanlines and a lot more.  Please check out the CPS review below for more info and I’ll definitely be following up with a new video once the OpenMVS cases have been fully tweaked.

…and as always, thank you so much to Markus for donating his talents and time to the retro gaming community!

Installed a cps2digitalav on a neo geo mv1c omvs for . Thanks to marqs for porting it to the neo geo.

5 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Today I made a quick show-and-tell video of my first Consolized MVS unit, which was built for me by Ben Heckendorn way back probably 15+ years ago.

We've had one other Benheck unit pictured a couple times in this thread (here)

WOW! :-o

I remember these Reaper. I had a friend back then that had one made by Ben Heckendorn years ago bro. Now you got me thinking and dusting off the ol' cobwebs in the mind thinking about it. I wonder what he ever did with his.  :ponder:

Thank you for sharing this Reaper. This made my day for sure. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Let's start this weekend with a fantastic Sale full of classics from ! The new SNK 40TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION with 24 different games from the 80s is also available now

What are you waiting for? Dive right in and get up to –70%

https://bit.ly/3dOBejL

Anthony..

Hi guys,

"With the legendary SNK 40th Anniversary Collection joining http://GOG.COM

, we wanted to take a moment to look at some of the games from that collection, as well as some other awesome series that came from the studio."

Anthony..

Hi guys,

【業務連絡】 DISCORDにて点呼を取っていますが何人かご案内のDISCORDに入室されていない方もいらっしゃるので入室の程よろしくお願いします! また、呼び出し応じてない方の連絡取れる方はご協力よろしくお願いします!

【Business contact】 We are taking roll calls at DISCORD, but there are some people who have not entered the DISCORD for guidance, so please enter the room! Also, if you can contact the person who does not answer the call, thank you for your cooperation!
Quote Tweet

52tLNVb6_mini.jpg

雪之丞@TO3主催/アプロシステムズ代表取締役

@yukinojoooo
· Apr 11
【戦場に集え…侍魂達よ!】※拡散希望 SAMURAI SPIRITS オンラインシングルトーナメント 「天下布武~第四幕~」を開催致します! ●日時 4/25(日) 12:00~ ●エントリーフォーム https://tonamel.com/competition/iaUb3 詳細は概要欄に記載していきます! 沢山のエントリーお待ちしております!
Show this thread

Anthony..

6 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Today I made a quick show-and-tell video of my first Consolized MVS unit, which was built for me by Ben Heckendorn way back probably 15+ years ago.

We've had one other Benheck unit pictured a couple times in this thread (here)

Real cool Reaper!  I met Ben Heck at a pinball convention once some years ago,...I guess it was 2016.   Very nice guy!  Sharp as a whip too.

• Like 2

Hey all,

Anthony asked me to upload this video I recently made for the SNK game JUMPING CROSS.  This game is positively frustrating at times with some enemies that just hound the hell out of you in order to make you crash while trying to complete a course in time-- which would otherwise be quite easy to do.  Crashing with certain things or getting run off the road will cost you a life, though you can get more by crashing 18 competitors (or angry pigs; don't ask).  Really weird, hyper game with odd, spastic characters.  That bird that flies overhead and drops bombs on you is a SERIOUS pain in the ass!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Real cool Reaper!  I met Ben Heck at a pinball convention once some years ago,...I guess it was 2016.   Very nice guy!  Sharp as a whip too.

Without getting into too much detail, Ben is a family relation, and I get the feeling my MVS Console was well into 'favor' territory. Which certainly explains the pricing on it (about 1/3 what it should have been), and probably why pictures of it never made it onto his site. His other commissions at that time generally got their own blog with pictures and story, but I probably have a bit of a 'budget build' compared to those ;) . 

I actually haven't actually seen him in person since left WI for the Navy in 2002.  I have been meaning to go to a midwest gaming classic one of these years, and I'm guessing I'd bump into him there. Mostly considering that one since I could use it as an excuse to finally take a train trip.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, retrorussell said:

Hey all,

Anthony asked me to upload this video I recently made for the SNK game JUMPING CROSS.  This game is positively frustrating at times with some enemies that just hound the hell out of you in order to make you crash while trying to complete a course in time-- which would otherwise be quite easy to do.  Crashing with certain things or getting run off the road will cost you a life, though you can get more by crashing 18 competitors (or angry pigs; don't ask).  Really weird, hyper game with odd, spastic characters.  That bird that flies overhead and drops bombs on you is a SERIOUS pain in the ass!

Thank you so much for posting your Jumping Cross review video on the thread Russ. Still laighing my head off with it and what you said about the troublesome bird in the game. :D

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol.1 is a collection of 10 classic games that defined the famous handheld

, including the legendary SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium and its 26 fighters!

Sharpen your reflexes!

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Fans of the run ’n' gun genre, you can relive the adventures of Marco and his squad in Metal Slug 1st & 2nd Mission

, included in the dream collection that is NEOGEO POCKET COLOR SELECTION Vol. 1 on Switch!

Blast away and go, go, go!

Anthony..