IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Been playing Ninja Combat on my NEO-GEO CD today. I burned a copy to disc 🤫😂

The game is around £80 gbp to buy physical at the mo. I intend to buy the game, just wanted to try it first, to see if it was worth spending the money. I'm pretty much done with emulation. Emulation v Physical hardware is like night and day.

The sprites on the game are not the best I've seen on the NEO-GEO, thou I love it. Absolutely bonkers side scrolling beat em up.

The picture is of the actual listing I intend to buy. 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dopy25 said:

I found that option when I started looking. While pricey it still costs less in the long run than the internal mod from Will. I don't know. It seems cool, but I'm not sure I can justify spending more for the mod than a brand new replacement PSU. I have a rigged one for now that uses 2 different PSU plugged into the wall. Much like one for a C64 in the ol' days. It works but isn't pretty. 

There is also this one I am pretty sure would work:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233595617097?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=MQD-ATd3Rre&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=tc6gnTeJTDi&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I have not tried this one so can't really recommend. It's cheaper and a lot of people seem to have purchased it...thou 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

I decided to buy one of those HP power cables and I will use the cable end to make my own PSU.

Good to know Dopey. Sorry about the link for the Top Loader PSU for the Neo Geo CD. I contacted Will regarding it, but he hasn't replied yet. Once he does, I'll let you know what he mentioned. 

Anthony...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shane857 said:

Been playing Ninja Combat on my NEO-GEO CD today. I burned a copy to disc 🤫😂

The game is around £80 gbp to buy physical at the mo. I intend to buy the game, just wanted to try it first, to see if it was worth spending the money. I'm pretty much done with emulation. Emulation v Physical hardware is like night and day.

The sprites on the game are not the best I've seen on the NEO-GEO, thou I love it. Absolutely bonkers side scrolling beat em up.

The picture is of the actual listing I intend to buy. 

Excellent choice on Ninja Combat for the NGCD Shane that you like to purchase down the line. Interestingly, I don't have that game for the CD collection. I always wanted to have it, but i guess other titles came in the way of purchasing one. But I do have it for the AES. 

Anthony....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Reloaded85x said:

Thank you! Been a long time lurker for many years! 

Oh wow! That's amazing to know Reloaded. Were glad to see you posting away with us kind sir. If you have any questions that you like to address, feel free to post them. We are here to give a helping hand as much as we can. 

Welcome aboard Reloaded. A pleasure meeting you brother man. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

[KOF XV] Participate in the "KOF XV" #PS5 tournament to warm-up #EVOJapan2024 and win PSN subscription and exclusive #EVOJ24 PSN avatars! ■How to participate Register from the PS5 console game hub #KOFXV #KOF15

Anthony..

Hi guys,

本日をもってBAMBAM GAMEMONSTERとしての営業は終了致しました 明日以降、店名や運営会社の変更等で5月まで休業させていただきます 5月以降も喜んでいただけるようなイベントを予定しておりますのでご期待ください イベントの詳細は引き続きこのアカウントにて発信致します #BGMO
Translated from Japanese by
As of today, BAMBAM GAMEMONSTER has ceased operations.  Starting tomorrow, we will be closed until May due to changes in our store name and management company  We have plans for other enjoyable events after May, so please look forward to  Event details will continue to be posted on this account  #BGMO
Was this translation accurate? Give us feedback so we can improve:

GLHvS-LaoAAnWef?format=jpg&name=small

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with our pal and new AtariAge member @Pixel Cherry Ninja. Here we see him sharing his recent stream he's done pertaining to the Neo Geo overdrive core. Excellent PCN. This will be a treat to see from you. :)

The latest WIP #NeoGeo Overdrive core by @UFp64 on the #AnaloguePocket. Check it out https://youtube.com/live/W6zz75tNves?si=GVSSg2hlXZJsjx-d Let's test it out together, REQUESTS WELCOME.

From the description,
"The Analogue Pocket is an excellent Handheld FPGA gaming device, in fact it's hands down the best option on the market. As well as playing your original carts, well you have the whole other openFPGA side that lets developers bring their cores over to the platform. In this Live Stream we'll be looking at the Neo-Geo Overdrive core that has been updated by @mazamars312 This core should get get rid of slowdowns and result is a fluid gaming experience. Please note this a WORK IN PROGRESS core."

Anthony...

4 minutes ago, Pixel Cherry Ninja said:

Thanks for sharing this Anthony. As always, you're overall positivity is the best on the internet. Stay awesome. 

You're welcome PCN. Thank you for stopping by and always a pleasure to see your material for sure kind sir. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Hi Dopy,

Will responded to all on his Twitter/X page. Here's what he had to say.

Sorry everyone, I had a family emergency, Will be released for sale today NeoGeo CD Toploader PicoPSU Update Release Date: 16/04/24 5PM UK Time Please Repost and Share Link: https://willsconsolemodifications.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_70&product_id=134 #neogeo #neogeocd #picopsu

Anthony...
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Super Sidekicks came today. I now own two physical NEO-GEO CD games. This and Samurai Spirits 2.

I don't like 'serious' sports games like Fifa, John Madden, NBA. I do like Arcade style sports games thou like this...

DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Check out Street Hoops, Football Frenzy and Windjammers for some of the best sports games on Neo-Geo. Also, take a look at Baseball Stars 2!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shane857 said:

Super Sidekicks came today. I now own two physical NEO-GEO CD games. This and Samurai Spirits 2.

I don't like 'serious' sports games like Fifa, John Madden, NBA. I do like Arcade style sports games thou like this...

Alright!! Game #2  to the list. Great choice with Super Sidekicks Shane. This happens to be my first sports title for the NGCD. It was really cheap at the time when I purchased it for $3.00 when the console was in low demand soon after it was discontinued. I remember purchasing it in Chinatown NYC at the time when the import store had so many NGCD games that they were practically giving them away. I miss those days . :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Great news! A new copy of Nam 1975 works perfectly on my CDZ! So my first copy was a terrible fake. I also purchased Magician Lord and I’ve been really enjoying it too!

Oh wow! That's awesome news to know Mike. Glad you have Magician Lord to add to the mix. What do you plan to do with the fake NAM-1975 bro? Still thinking of keeping it?

Anthony..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Great news! A new copy of Nam 1975 works perfectly on my CDZ! So my first copy was a terrible fake. I also purchased Magician Lord and I’ve been really enjoying it too!

If nam-75 didn't have the random encounters and magician lord gave 4 hp and weapon power didn't drop when hit I think they both would have been perfectly balanced, though I have to say nam75 has bizarrely competent voice acting for the lead,everyone else....

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Anuncio: Estamos dando apoyo a este torneo a través de nuestro programa de ayuda e-sports! Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! http://start.gg/JustKOF #SNK #KOFXV

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Announcement: We are supporting this tournament via our e-sports support program! https://twitter.com/rugalsfgc/status/1775841021588312445 #SNK #KOFXV

UCb3IvfG_normal.jpg

RugalsInternationals

@rugalsfgc
·
Apr 4
Join us in our #KOFXV Tournament and show us you are truly a king among fighters. It will be held at April. 27th at 02:00am CEST Prizepool is 30$ Discord: https://discord.gg/dEVkyZWt

Anthony...

8 hours ago, Charlie Cat said:

Oh wow! That's awesome news to know Mike. Glad you have Magician Lord to add to the mix. What do you plan to do with the fake NAM-1975 bro? Still thinking of keeping it?

Anthony..

I’m willing to give it to someone who wants it. It really doesn’t have a purpose here in my collection. You’re welcome to it if you want, Anthony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

I’m willing to give it to someone who wants it. It really doesn’t have a purpose here in my collection. You’re welcome to it if you want, Anthony.

Thank you for the offer Mike. But I have that game in the collection. I appreciate you doing this for me, but that would be greedy and would rather see it in the hands to someone who doesn't have it. Maybe @shane857 @Dopy25 or @-^CrossBow^- would like it. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1