IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

The super rare (possibly the rarest Neo-Geo title) Chibi Maruko Deluxe Quiz.

ネオジオNEOGEOちびまる子ちゃんまる子デラックスクイズ高価買取致します。 http://www.spspspsp.com/wp/official/post-33317/

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

NeoGeo NEOGEO Chibi Maruko-CHAN's will be like child Deluxe squeeze more expensive purchases. http://www. spspspsp.com/wp/official/post-33317/

Cunq8i3UAAApjCQ.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hey guys,

Back with Neo-Geo contributer Mike from Gamer Logic which is fellow Atariage member, mmertes.

Mike just did a fantastic video of World Heroes 2 for us to enjoy. Glad to see more from this underappreciated fighter that really is a great alternative from the popular fighting titles from the 90's era!

Thank you for sharing this Mike. Keep up the great work!

From the description,

"Today we fire up World Heroes 2 on the NEO-GEO AES!"

Anthony...

Just received Metal Slug MVS cart to play so I don't have to tamper with my AES cart, what a blast and this game never gets old. IMHO, this is the best Metal Slug game, if not the best Neo-Geo game. Sequels don't do the justice as most are just rehashed.

Hey Vince,

Glad to see you back posting on the Neo-Geo thread. Happy to know that you're having a good time playing the original Metal Slug without bothering an AES cart. Were always glad to see what you have to say and all your stories that you can tell us with your history with the Neo-Geo! :)

Thank you as always Vince. Keep up the great work as always! :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

more from Atariage member richard31337 (Retro Rich)

It's here! Finally! Just picked it up this afternoon from @K1ngArth3r 1f60e.png US Neo Geo Big Red 4-Slot! #snk #NeoGeo The Future Is Now SNK 1f44d.png

CveFrcQW8AA9q9Z.jpg
CveFrBgWcAAuuHL.jpg
0 replies1 retweet9 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Mike from Gamer Logic also known as fellow Atariage member, mmertes.

This afternoon, Mike wanted to play Riding Hero after receiving subscribers request to play this game and to review it. Let's see what the kind sir has to say about it shall we? :)

From the description,

"I'm a riding hero in the motorcycle game on the NEO-GEO AES!"

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More videos regarding the NeoSD flash card from NeoSD,

From what they said on neo-geo.com

1. "We are going to make some more videos today showing features such as MVS loading games on AES mode without unibios, and showing more load times.

Stay tuned !"

"This video shows how to change from MVS to AES with NEOSD, without UNIBIOS !!!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. This is a link to a eBay auction to Metal Slug 5. It's says it's a conversion but it looks very legit. I was wondering if it is a conversion or not. Thanks!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-5-SNK-Neo-Geo-AES-Not-MVS-JAPAN-Conversion-/131978740441?nav=SEARCH

Hey Evan,

Glad you ask. Seeing that this happens to be from France, the French in the Neo-Geo community have a concern with sellers with counterfeit and unofficial Neo-Geo AES carts. Not being bias to the French gamers, but quite a good handful of them in the past and even today are selling illegitimate copies of Neo-Geo AES and MVS titles.

Most fakes are becoming harder to spot using material very similar to what SNK had to offer. If you compare the real versions to the fakes, you can see how they look just the same. If the seller says its a conversion, it is! At least he was honest to say it.

Best way to check is opening up the cartridge to see the boards to authenticate its legitimacy

Here's a link that will show you the scans of AES and MVS PCB boards to show you what they look like.

http://www.arcade-collector.com/neogeo.php

Hope this helps Evan.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Thanks Anthony! Yes it looks good and that's for the advice. Something interesting I found is that the SNK playmore logo is lower on the label.

That's right with the label Evan. Just look at that! Just terrible. :(

Unfortunately, the official ones are going for outrageous prices. So many feel that they can only buy conversions because its considerably less expensive.

But why do anything like that? It only promotes more counterfeits circulating around the market and wasting good money on poorly made false products!

Glad you ask this and my advice is to avoid them as much as possible. Thank you for the question and stopping by Evan. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here is today's KOF XIV screenshot!!! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Cvfl7MFUkAACUu9.jpg
0 replies10 retweets47 likes
Retweet
Liked

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: KOF XIVのスクリーンショットを紹介!#KOF14 #KOFXIV

CvfltBYUEAAkUuQ.jpg
0 replies27 retweets31 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

PS4「アケアカNEOGEO ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ '94」の配信日が10月27日に決定しました!本作は1994年にSNKから発売された対戦格闘ゲームです。「アケアカNEOGEO」シリーズ第一弾をぜひお楽しみください! http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0571cusa06875_00hamprdc000000001.html

PS4 "ACEA CA NEOGEO the King of fighters ' 94" of delivery date is decided to 10/27! This film is a fighting game released in 1994 from SNK. Enjoy the "ACEA CA NEOGEO" series 1! http://www. jp.playstation.com/software/title/jp0571cusa06875_00hamprdc000000001.html

CvR98POVMAAUK2c.jpg
0 replies233 retweets114 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

【MSA お知らせ】 Twitterプレゼントキャンペーンを開始!フォロワー数が一定に達するごとに、ユーザーの皆様へゲーム内アイテムをプレゼント!この機会にぜひ公式Twitterをフォローください。 ※フォロワー数達成後、プレゼント配付まで時間がかかる場合がございます。 #MSA

[MSA news] Start a Twitter campaign! Reach certain number of followers each, to present in-game items to our users! Take this opportunity to take a look at follow the official Twitter. ※ May take a gift distribution number of followers after the. #MSA

CvRzkWGVUAA4yus.jpg
0 replies250 retweets411 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Todo un honor: 10 joyas de la eterna 16 bits de #SNK en formato compacto, #NeoGeoCD!!: http://wp.me/p5kv1G-Tf

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

An honor: 10 jewels of the eternal 16-bit #SNK in compact format, #NeoGeoCD!: http://wp.me/p5kv1G-Tf

CQgHvNdW8AEEDqa.jpg
0 replies3 retweets4 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Retropublicidad de #snk #neogeocd de la buena #fatalfury 3 #16bits

Translated from Spanish by BingWrong translation?

#snk #neogeocd Retropublicidad good #fatalfury 3 #16bits

CNTpHffUAAAJEzX.jpg
0 replies2 retweets3 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back again with Brandon Inn the Retrogamer doing another demo for us. Let's see him talk about Cyber-Lip.

"ust a gameplay demo of this 1990

science-fiction, run n' gun
but action/adventure game that
plays like "Contra" and "Metal Slug"
before the actual Trilogy Series
started later in 1996.

"The plot to the game is you
play as Rick and Brook (that only
represents Player 1 & Player 2)
two human veteran soldiers, who are sent by an unspecified "federal government" into combat on a last-ditch attempt to save Earth from a malfunctioning military supercomputer in charge of all military androids. The gameplay consists of battling through large amounts of enemies, collecting power-ups and defeating several end-of-stage bosses... This makes it comparable to the likes of "Contra" in or "Metal Slug" terms of gameplay..."

Fun Fact: Just like "Robo Army",
"Ghost Pilots", "Blue's Journey"
and "King Of The Monsters", this
one also appeared on the old
Nickelodeon Game Show "Nick
Arcade" back in the '90s (true story!)
Plus I only played this game two times
and I liked the way how they say:
"I'm a goner!" and "Ugh! I'm Hit"
after you die on your last live..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM3vMm96tWM

Anthony...

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. Why was the MVS so bootlegged. I know that so many carts are bootlegged and wondering why and can you give me some history on it. Thanks!

Hi Evan,

MVS and AES are two of the most bootlegged cartridges due to the high prices that they cost. When anything is expensive and uneasy to have access to, counterfeiters will try to make their own versions of them at cheaper prices! That's really the main reason why so many circulate on the market today.

When the MVS cartridges were sold in the 90's for example, the cartridges cost from $1,000-$2000 dollars in the United States alone. So at the time it was cheaper to acquire games for the AES. Somewhere down the line (around Metal Slug era) prices and values started to change for the home cartridges more since the Neo-Geo AES units ceased production in 1997. The quantities of the home carts are considerably less compared when the AES was introduced a few years earlier.

Counterfeiters tampered with more of the common cartridges for both MVS and AES to make them. If you look at Crossed Swords II that became available for the MVS & AES (1st run) they we used shells instead of the reproduction carts that NGDEVTEAM have for their titles. Those were from bootlegs that were collected throughout the years and were assembled to develop CSII . So believe it or not. the 1st run carts for them were re-reused again from tampered games to make Crossed Swords II

Hope that helps Evan. Anymore questions, feel free to ask. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224