IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it! = )

You're welcome kind sir. :)

Glad to make your acquaintance If you have additional Neo-Geo photos or videos that you like to share with us, please feel free to post them . We would be thrilled to see them.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This afternoon, were with The Analogarhythm Project. We in for a real treat today. Were going to see him in action doing a 3 hour+ video of Crystalis. Really nicely done! :)

From the description,

"Tonight we explore on of my favorite RPGs from back on the good ole NES...Crystalis! This was brought out by SNK (Yup...same guys who gave us the Neo Geo!) and it is sooooo good!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. I was browsing the internet and stumbled across the games V Liner, Digger Man and Jockey Grand Prix. What are these games and do you have any back story on them? Thanks!

Hey Evan,

Jockey Grand Prix is a horse racing title that was available exclusively for the Neo-Geo MVS Its similar to Stakes Winner 1 & 2 . An unofficial release of this title is available and only a handful of this AES were made!

V-Liner is another betting game but as a slot machine title that was an MVS exclusive as well. But just like Jockey Grand Prix, an unofficial release is available for it too for the home console. Both were developed by Brezzasoft during the final year of the original SNK.

They were unusual titles in which it was for betting that used a coin hopper with a cable for it. I personally never seen one hook up for both being used before with the coin hopper, but in the Neo-Geo community. some have done so. Both titles were difficult to produce to the AES because of various complications with these games for an official release.

As for Digger Man, it was an unreleased puzzle game prototype. You played as a miner digging up gems, jewels, and another various findings as you dig your why through the challenges that the developers had in mind!

Here the pics to the unofficial releases of Jockey Grand Prix and V-Liner to show you what they look like. Both are available to purchase for $1,500 on the Neo Store. But JGP is sold out.

Hope this helps Evan. Thank you as always for posting! :)

Anthony...

$_35.JPG

1324-2.jpg

s-l400.jpg

1436-2.jpg

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

ネオジオソフト50本!道はまだまだ長くて辛いですけどw まるこデラックス、メタスラ1、パルスター、オーバートップなど。まだ手に入れたいタイトルが結構残っています ORZ 50 AES games Yay! #NeoGeo #RETROGAMING #ネオジオ

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Neo Geo soft 50 book! The road yet still long and hard but w as this Deluxe, meta Sura 1, Paul Star, over top. Still want to get the title remains quite ORZ 50 AES games Yay! #NeoGeo #RETROGAMING #ネオジオ

CvzXzSKWgAAT7YV.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

Cv6Uo-0XYAQtswz.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked
Cv6cGP7W8AAsvGQ.jpg
0 replies1 retweet2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

サウンドを既に持っているけど、ゲームはな・・・ #ネオジオ #neogeo

Already have sound, but the game is not... #ネオジオ #neogeo

CvFGKqqXgAADXEN.jpg
1 reply0 retweets5 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Metal power ‼️ #ネオジオ #レトロ #ゲーム #メタルスラッグ #新日本企画 #レトロゲーム #テレビゲーム #neogeo #metalslug

CuHUWS5XEAAx_TF.jpg
0 replies2 retweets17 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

欲しかったストライカーズ1945プラス来た1f604.png2728.png実はもう1つ本命があったんですが…手違いあったらしいです1f602.png もう1つは連絡待ち1f44f-1f3fb.png待ちどうしい1f4a6.png

Came wanted Strikers 1945 plus that I actually had another favorite. Was apparently a mistake is another one waiting to contact the , cant wait

Cv2wak8UIAAqKlN.jpg
Cv2wak5VIAApcYD.jpg
0 replies11 retweets35 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hey guys,

Back with Brandon Inn the Retrogamer doing another great demo for us. Here, were going to see Samurai Shodown.

From the description,

"ust a gameplay demo of

this 1993 competitive, hack n' slash
one-on-one fighting game that
uses weapon-based combat battles
in every match, which the game also started a series too.

The game is almost like Capcom's
"Street Fighter 2" series, but in
this one it is set in the late 18th century, and all the characters wield weapons. The game uses comparatively authentic music from the time period, rife with sounds of traditional Japanese instruments, such as the shakuhachi and shamisen. A refined version of the camera zoom first found in "Art of Fighting" is used in "Samurai Shodown"; true to it's use of bladed weapons, the game also includes copious amounts of blood. (that explains the
very violent graphics from it's reactions).

The game quickly became renowned for it's fast pace. Focusing more on quick, powerful strikes than combos, slow motion was added to intensify damage dealt from hard hits. During a match, a referee holds flags representing each player (Player 1 is white; Player 2 is red). When a player lands a successful hit, the referee lifts the corresponding flag, indicating who dealt the blow.

A delivery man occasionally appears in the background and throws items such as bombs or health-restoring chicken, which can significantly change the outcome.

The plot to the game is you
choose one of the characters in
the game and battle your opponents
one by one, until you meet your
match with the final boss Shiro Tokisada Amakusa, who's once slain by the forces of the Tokugawa Shogunate is revived. Driven by hatred for the Shogunate, he unleashes his dark powers to bring chaos to the world. An assortment of warriors converge upon the source of the chaos, each driven by their own reasons...

NOTICE: Sorry if you can't hear my
voice because of the volume,
same goes the others too..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QppX2leEudk

Anthony...

Hi Guys,

Back again with The_Analogarhythm_Project. Here, were going to see him dedicate his time playing and discussing the Fatal Fury series from his previous works that he uploaded onto his channel. Hope you all enjoy it! :)

From the description,

" Take a journey down the path of the ENTIRE FATAL FURY series all inside 2 hours time! -- Watch live at https://www.twitch.tv/analogarhythm"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Here's something interesting

http://nichegamer.com/2016/10/16/the-king-of-fighters-xiv-gets-an-arcade-port/

mika-header.png
BY: BRANDON ORSELLI ON OCTOBER 16, 2016, 1:37 PM EDT @BRANDONORSELLI

the-king-of-fighters-xiv-07-29-16-1.png

SNK Playmore has announced (via 4Gamer.net) an arcade port for The King of Fighters XIV.

While most Japanese fighting games will hit the coin-scene prior to consoles, SNK’s latest in the ongoing franchise is now hitting arcades. The game will support network play between various arcades across the country.

The arcade port makes use ot Taito’s (yes, they’re still around) NESiCAxLive 2 system, which enables the aforementioned network play.

Further details will be coming at next year’s Japan Amusement Expo, in February 2017.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

One of these days I'd like to get an unmodified english Neo Geo AES, at the moment I'm using an unmodified JPN console and prefer keeping the hardware original in most cases. This makes games like Blue's Journey a bit more difficult for me than they should be as I'm not sure quite what's going on in the shops. lol

Hey Chaos,

I hear ya bro. I really wanted an English Neo-Geo AES unit at first. But the prices were expensive even 15 years ago. So I had to wait a while on purchasing it.

When I didn't modified my JPN Neo-Geo, it was difficult for me as well to play Blues Journey or reading Japanese on these games and understanding what the heck is going on. The good news is that the JPN Neo-Geo are widely available and cheaper. With the unibios, it opens the so many doors of opportunity to play do all the options on how to play to your preference. :)

Thank you for posting Chaos. We look forward on seeing more from you! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Anthony I have a question. I heard that there were actually 2 SNK amusement parks. Neo Geo and and world. Can you explain them thanks!

Hey Evan,

That's correct. Neo-Geo Land and Neo-Geo World existed in Japan was amusement parks and indoor locations for SNK fans to play their games. They lasted until SNK folded them in 2004. Really awesome areas for its time. Here some information and pics of them that I posted on page 37, post #911-912.

Neo Geo Land Sports Amusement (or Neo-Geo Land) was SNK's largest chain of in-door amusement parks. There were three locations scattered around Osaka, the most famous of these was the one in Esaka near SNK-Playmore's current building. This particular spot was made into the company's showroom for their pachinko-slot machines and various merchandise. The parks opened sometime in 1994 and officially closed their doors on January 24, 2004.

These parks were created with hopes to make a large and friendly gaming center for all video game companies.

Anthony...

segundatiendaesakaneogeo2.jpg

photo02_062.jpg

la%20big.jpg

terceratiendaesakaneogeo3.jpg

inauguracionprimeratiendaesaka2009041914

neogeoland%20Nagoya.jpg

Centro20NEO20GEO.jpg

Japan%20175.jpg

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

Pic of me with #metalslug in collectors corner of @gamesTMmag approx 2008. #neogeo #SNK #retrogaming #GamersUnite

Cv9ENfgXEAASSgJ.jpg
Cv9EP1JWYAEVOUn.jpg
0 replies3 retweets16 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony..