IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Hi guys,

【お知らせ】 10月21日(金)KOF XIV公式ゲーム大会を開催! ・会場:e-sports SQUARE AKIHABARA ・時間:18:30受付開始 ・出演:中村桜様、コイチ様、市来光弘様 #KOF14 #KOFXIV http://ch.nicovideo.jp/touch/blomaga/ar1119660#KOF14%20#KOFXIV

CvA5uNsUsAAINI_.jpg
0 replies98 retweets47 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【Important Notice】 KOF XIV's latest patch(ver.1.03)is scheduled to be released on October 18th, 2016 from 6pm PST. #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CvCqdz2VYAEcySQ.jpg
0 replies214 retweets178 likes
Retweet
Liked

【お知らせ】 KOF XIVの最新バージョン(Ver.1.03)のパッチを10月19日(水)午前10時以降に配信予定です。お手数ですがアップデートをお願いいたします。 #KOF14 #KOFXIV

Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

[Announcement] Patch for the latest version of KOF XIV (Ver.1.03) is 10/19 (Wednesday) since the 10:00 will be delivered. Please please update. #KOF14 #KOFXIV

CvCqsT8VYAAf8fB.jpg
0 replies552 retweets122 likes
Retweet

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back again with Mad Ape Productions doing a fun video for us as usual. Here we see Erik and Mark go head to head playing Baseball Stars Professional for the MVS. Nice job guys. Keep up the great work. :)

From the description,

"Erik and Mark go head to head in Baseball Stars Professional for the Neo Geo MVS!"

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3

Hi guys,

Cyber Lip/#NeoGeo AES (US) English Version, Very Good Condition. Complete, SNK. #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/nrjoFUXKeq

CvEq9VlWAAEoyR3.jpg
0 replies1 retweet1 like
Retweet
Liked

METAL SLUG - ENGLISH VERSION - SNK/#NeoGeo MVS - CART ONLY #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/eUPWdEBDmv

CvCAej3WIAAL1W8.jpg
0 replies1 retweet2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

• Like 1

Remember when I said that I was hoping to purchase a Neo Geo console by the end of the year? Well I finally got one!

:lol: Ok, maybe not a real one, but this mini Neo Geo Gashapon toy is really neat! It actually comes with a tiny Metal Slug cartridge and a super tiny memory card. The attention to detail is amazing! You can even plug in the controller cord and insert the cartridge and the memory card.

I've been a collector of the History Collection consoles for some time. Although this console isn't part of that line, it fits in well with my collection.

The other 3 carts are also titles in the Metal Slug series. Each cartridge came with a different Metal Slug vehicle and figure. I'll upload pictures of those toys sometime soon.

post-27032-0-14831800-1476826567_thumb.jpgpost-27032-0-14514900-1476826577_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Remember when I said that I was hoping to purchase a Neo Geo console by the end of the year? Well I finally got one!

:lol: Ok, maybe not a real one, but this mini Neo Geo Gashapon toy is really neat! It actually comes with a tiny Metal Slug cartridge and a super tiny memory card. The attention to detail is amazing! You can even plug in the controller cord and insert the cartridge and the memory card.

I've been a collector of the History Collection consoles for some time. Although this console isn't part of that line, it fits in well with my collection.

The other 3 carts are also titles in the Metal Slug series. Each cartridge came with a different Metal Slug vehicle and figure. I'll upload pictures of those toys sometime soon.

attachicon.gifNeo Geo Gashapon (1).JPGattachicon.gifNeo Geo Gashapon (2).JPG

Hey Dr.

WOW!! :-o :-o :-o

This is really cool! I knew that SNK allowed to licences their characters over in the toy capsule industry. But I never sen anything like this before. Marvelous to say the least! :thumbsup: :)

Just look at that fine detailing and workmanship on this. I never would've guess that even the mini memory card was done with so much detail. The cartridges look amazing, Great to see Neo-Geo appreciation out there in the toy collecting industry again. :)

Thank you for sharing this Dr. Really glad you took the time to mention and uploaded the pictures for us! Kep up the great work as always :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Well this looks cool. A Neo-Geo flash card for your MVS unit!

http://vgleaks.com/review-neosd-mvs/

HomeCarouselReview: NEOSD MVS the first NEO-GEO flash card Review: NEOSD MVS the first NEO-GEO flash card

18 October, 2016 Mr.H Carousel, Development, VGleaks 0

logo_cabecera.jpg

hello-logo-1476691952.jpg

The NEOSD is the first flash card that allows you to play with your backups on the NEOGEO MVS system on real hardware. And we have had the opportunity to test it thanks to the NEOSD team.

But first, a bit about NEO-GEO and SNK history, one of the most emblematic systems/company in the videogame industry.

• It was released in 1990 as a cartridge-based arcade system board by SNK.
  • The first machine was the MVS (Multi Video System), a coin-operated arcade machine.
  • Later, a home console version was made, called AES (Advanced Entertainment System) with the same raw specs as the MVS.
  • The Neo Geo was a very powerful system when released, more powerful than any home computer or console at the time.
  • The AES console was succeeded by the Neo Geo CD and the MVS arcade by the Hyper Neo Geo .

Over two decades have passed for a 100% functional flash card to appear in the market. This is a big achievement since NEO-GEO games has a lot of particularities (encryption, protections, chips added to the game board, etc).

We attach some pictures of the NEOSD cartridge boards. One of the things that you can notice is the clean design:

• 768 Mbits of flash memory, enough to hold the largest officially released games, plus some extra space for system software.
  • ARM Cortex M4 at 168MHz, 1MB flash, 128KB RAM. For SD access, Flash programming, cartridge control and original cartridge protections emulation.
  • 2x Lattice XP2 FPGA. Flash based, instant-on, low power, high density FPGAs. For bus decoding and multiplexing, flash access, bank switching, programming help.
  • Supports micro SD & SDHC cards up to 32GB. FAT32 with long file names.
  • User friendly game selection menu with game screenshots.
  • Instant boot to the last flashed game. It appears as an original cartridge to the board, and can use the bios softdips configuration with the original cart.
  • Runs original games unpatched, emulating the original cartridge protections in hardware.
  • Ability to boot to the game flash menu from in-game (configurable trigger combination)
  • Can be used for game development. Allows the homebrew games to access expanded hardware features (S rom banking, increased bank area space).
  • Updateable system software and firmware for future additions and features.
  • Switch cartridge region without needing special bios.
  • MVS board AES emulation without needing special bios.

The NEOSD is fully compatible with all the MAME NEO-GEO RomSet (commercial games). It is also compatible with all the NEO-GEO CD to MVS conversions like Crossed Swords 2, Last Hope or Ironclad. You only need a SD card to copy them.

Required components:

• MVS System (It is fully compatible with every model and region)
  • Micro SD card formatted in FAT32.

Testing environment used:

• MVS system model NEO-MVH MV1A from 1995.
  • 32 GB Samsung EVO Micro SD HC card.
  • Hand-made supergun.

The steps are very easy to perform. First of all, we have to copy all the games inside de SD card formatted in FAT 32. They must have the extension .neo as you can see in the following capture.

NOTE: the .neo files are generated from MAME original .zip files. It contains the data unencrypted and optimized to load in the NEOSD cartridge. The team will provide the tool needed to convert games between formats.

team showing a lot of games working on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zd2mKW4ka0

Read more http://vgleaks.com/review-neosd-mvs/

SALE!27-large_default.jpg

SALE!

29-large_default.jpg

SALE!

28-large_default.jpg

SALE!

31-large_default.jpg

SALE!

30-large_default.jpg32-large_default.jpg35-large_default.jpg

Anthony...

SALE!

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. I am just curious about what was your first neo Geo game and when did you get it?

Hey Evan,

My first Neo-Geo game was with a top loader NGCD. It was King of Fighters '99. I purchased them in the Bronx in 2002.I was 19 at the time and I still have them both. Originally the system had a "read disk error" problem that was eventually fixed by the store that I purchased from before they sold it to me.

Hope this helps Evan! :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. Detailed Info regarding KOF XIV's ver.1.03 patch has been released today for advanced players. #KOF14 #KOFXIV http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03_en.pdf

0 replies60 retweets60 likes
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: New balancing & feature improvement patch (ver. 1.03) released! #KOF14 #KOFXIV

0 replies76 retweets110 likes
    Retweet
    More

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: バランス調整や機能改善を施した最新バージョン(Ver.1.03)のパッチを配信しました。#KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03.pdf

THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV: balance adjustments and enhancements to the latest version (Ver.1.03) patch has been delivered. #KOF14 #KOFXIV http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.1.03.pdf

Anthony...

Hi guys,

For those that didn't heard, neo-geo.com member "mmsadda" found an MVS proto of Burning Fight. Take a look if you like to see it guys. :)

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?268101-MVS-PROTO-DISCOVERED!-Burning-Fight-MVS-Bootleg-Nay-Proto!

MVS PROTO DISCOVERED! Burning Fight MVS. Bootleg? Nay, Proto!

Here's a game I never thought I'd see bootlegged, and yet here's a pretty shady-looking cart. I'm pretty well convinced this is a boot, but wanted to confirm. Covered ROMs that I'm pretty confident are all EPROMs. Screen on the board isn't the right font. Capacitors just look a bit "off." Flux around all the solder joints on the through-hole stuff. What do you think?

20160919_223152_zpsvq5pzbco.jpg

Last edited by mmsadda; 09-20-2016 at
07:19 PM

1. After speaking with Supergun and NeoTurfMasta, I feel it's safe to conclude this is a proto. This is later than the cart that NTM posted screens of and dumped by a few months at least. I'm sure he can elaborate further if he wants, as this is a bit out of my wheelhouse.

I'm not seeing any differences from the production version yet. It doesn't have any of the changes that NeoTurfMaster noted in his early proto version; mine has Billy, the later character select and continue screens, and seems to have the production stage 2 music. I'm thinking I'll dump the ROMs for the sake of preservation, and hold onto it, since it's cool to have even if it's very similar to the final version.

Bde5Dhq.jpg

B81j90D.jpg

subS433.jpg

VAnnaSI.jpg

JLR3O0q.jpg

R5G3hQk.jpg

GVkbd8Q.jpg

The all-important HoblowJ is still there, as well.

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

WOW!!!! This is really.....AWESOME!!!!

http://neo-geo.com の8manさんと言うメンバーのコレクション。これよりすごいコレクションはないだろう! 欧米版と日本版フルセット!神コレクター! #ネオジオ #レトロゲーム #neogeo #snk #retrogaming

http://neo-geo.com Of 8 members say the man's collection. This great collection is not! Western Edition and Japan Edition full set! God collector! #ネオジオ #レトロゲーム #neogeo #snk #retrogaming

CvFPpFpXYAAve63.jpg
CvFPqSFW8AAUbc5.jpg
CvFPrXlWEAA34X1.jpg
3 replies26 retweets35 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 7

Hey fdruso,do you think that the remaining unreleased Neo Geo games will surface one day?

Hey Kid,

Welcome aboard... Thank you for participating on, The Official NEO-GEO Thead!! :)

Please enjoy your stay with the many entertaining postings that we have to offer to the community. Were glad to accept new members here on the forums and happy that you enlisted and want to partake to the many conversations that we have here on the Neo-Geo thread. Much obliged kind sir! :)

If you have any inquires that pertain to the Neo-Geo, feel free to post here onto the thread. Will be thrilled to answer you as prompt as possible. You're also welcome to look back on the many pages that we accumulated here on the Neo-Geo thread as well. Hopefully, we have a posting that will be to your benefit for you. :)

In regards to your question, I believe that they will some day. It will only be a matter of time when the very skillful members in the Neo-Geo community will be able to find the ways to bring them over for us gamers to play them on our units! :) Thank you for the question.

Thank you again Kid. Its a pleasure seeing you here. Hope you have all the fun on the Neo-Geo thread! Enjoy! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1

I remember these

attachicon.gifNeo Geo Gashapon (1).JPGattachicon.gifNeo Geo Gashapon (2).JPG

I remember these. Had quite a few my self back in the day. Pretty sure they came out in 2014 or 2013. Did you ever collect the Metal Slug tanks and characters which they also released? They were pretty detailed however you had to paint them yourself :(

Hi guys,

http://neo-geo.com の8manさんと言うメンバーのコレクション。これよりすごいコレクションはないだろう! 欧米版と日本版フルセット!神コレクター! #ネオジオ #レトロゲーム #neogeo #snk #retrogaming

http://neo-geo.com Of 8 members say the man's collection. This great collection is not! Western Edition and Japan Edition full set! God collector! #ネオジオ #レトロゲーム #neogeo #snk #retrogaming

CvFPpFpXYAAve63.jpg
CvFPqSFW8AAUbc5.jpg
CvFPrXlWEAA34X1.jpg
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Now that is one amazing collection. Someone with a great deal of cash for sure but still an amazing collection.!

• Like 3

Now that is one amazing collection. Someone with a great deal of cash for sure but still an amazing collection.!

You said it Mark.

I wish I had a collection and excellent shelves with this much craftsmanship as well to go with it.

Thank you for coming by and posting a comment kind sir! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

ヤマザキ@Retrogames_JP 22h22 hours agoView translation

CvFPpFpXYAAve63.jpg

CvFPqSFW8AAUbc5.jpg

CvFPrXlWEAA34X1.jpg

Retweet

Liked

Anthony...

That looks like 8 man's collection on NeoGeo forums. I like how instead of books he uses it for videogames.

• Like 2