IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I was doing some research on this custom neo stick I bought. I hadn't really used it since I bought it because the oversized ball, while pretty, just didn't agree with me, and the tool I needed to get inside to change it (7mm hollow-shaft nut driver) only arrived today.

The wiring inside it was very clean (see below) but also inside was a single, large bird feather. Very odd. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be loose in there or strapped to the bottom where there were two empty ziptie holders roughly in a line. I'm assuming some kind of good luck charm, or curse. Also of note about the stick, it's got a very heavy spring added to it, possibly a larger actuator, buttons seem quieter than other sanwa I've seen (maybe my imagination), and in the picture can be seen some kind of round purple circular insert for the stick rather than clear. The thing seems to be modded to the hilt.

Warming up my poor cyberstalking skills, the seller of the auction ("butteroj") seems to be a member over at (srk) but more interestingly, he has a line of those same 38mm oversized balltops sold over at paradise arcade shop. Pricey things...the thing I just pulled out and chucked in my 'various arcade parts' sack. With the bigger balltop gone, I might consider a slightly softer spring--I like them stiff, but maybe not quite this stiff.

Anyway, because I like photographing the inside of higher end arcade sticks, have a look at it. Quite clean, IMO. Also have a look at my other internal pics of a MAS prostick (pre-modding), MAS superstick somebody padhacked, and my own custom RedOctane before/afters.

Pics of the new stick:

8bqprusm.jpg

N1om86am.jpg

Rmyqql8m.jpg

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I was doing some research on this custom neo stick I bought. I hadn't really used it since I bought it because the oversized ball, while pretty, just didn't agree with me, and the tool I needed to get inside to change it (7mm hollow-shaft nut driver) only arrived today.
The wiring inside it was very clean (see below) but also inside was a single, large bird feather. Very odd. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be loose in there or strapped to the bottom where there were two empty ziptie holders roughly in a line. I'm assuming some kind of good luck charm, or curse. Also of note about the stick, it's got a very heavy spring added to it, possibly a larger actuator, buttons seem quieter than other sanwa I've seen (maybe my imagination), and in the picture can be seen some kind of round purple circular insert for the stick rather than clear. The thing seems to be modded to the hilt.
Warming up my poor cyberstalking skills, the seller of the auction ("butteroj") seems to be a member over at (srk) but more interestingly, he has a line of those same 38mm oversized balltops sold over at paradise arcade shop. Pricey things...the thing I just pulled out and chucked in my 'various arcade parts' sack. With the bigger balltop gone, I might consider a slightly softer spring--I like them stiff, but maybe not quite this stiff.
Anyway, because I like photographing the inside of higher end arcade sticks, have a look at it. Quite clean, IMO. Also have a look at my other internal pics of a MAS prostick (pre-modding), MAS superstick somebody padhacked, and my own custom RedOctane before/afters.
Pics of the new stick:

Hey Reaper,

Real nice and interesting stick you got in your collection. bro. Looks clean in & out as well. The feather inside the unit put a smile on my face and never heard that before. :grin:

Hope you have fun with it Reaper. Be a real button masher with this one Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Neo Geo contributor and Atariage member Evan (Neo 64) doing what he does best. Let's take a look on his latest edition of protos for the system shall we? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7XzWPq9xzU

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry,

#NeoGeo MVS Fight Fever Working Arcade Jamma 100% Original #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/rkyPIoxdYE

CwemGhaW8AAN3ga.jpg
0 replies2 retweets1 like
Retweet
Liked

[uSED] #NeoGeo-CD Console System Front Loading/[Japan Import] #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/IaFNrQZGJL

CwUK_seWEAAG7fM.jpg
0 replies4 retweets4 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

I did another page with the addition of a UK magazine (ZZAP!64 Mar '90) review of arcade R-Type II.

Chj9a9F.jpg

So, what you are looking here at is a couple of unrelated magazine articles on arcade R-Type II placed on top of an EGM preview of NEO GEO's Last Resort, for the purpose of showing the similarities in graphical & artistic style between the two games -- Some of Irem's designers must have been at SNK working on Last Resort, years before the more well-known AiCOM / Irem effort on Pulstar in 1995.

Edited by Parallax Scroll
  • Like 1

I did another page with the addition of a UK magazine (ZZAP!64 Mar '90) review of arcade R-Type II.

So, what you are looking here at is a couple of unrelated magazine articles on arcade R-Type II placed on top of an EGM preview of NEO GEO's Last Resort, for the purpose of showing the similarities in graphical & artistic style between the two games -- Some of Irem's designers must have been at SNK working on Last Resort, years before the more well-known AiCOM / Irem effort on Pulstar in 1995.

Hey Parallax,

Nice article with the comparison of R-Type II and Last Resort. Were always amazed to to be reminded that some of the developers at irem were also responsable for making Last Resort. Thank you for taking the time to show us this retro piece that you provided.

Keep up the great work kind sir. :)

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with Ost&MusicForever doing another grerat soundtrack for us to listen with enjoyment!. Here. the kind sir posted up Viewpoint for us to dance with the beats! :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiksqSgQXxY

From the description,

iewpoint is an arcade isometric shooter developed by Aicom and originally released in 1992 by Sammy and SNK for the Neo-Geo arcade and console platform.
Viewpoint is Sammy's only game for the Neo-Geo Multi Video System hardware. By default, Player 1 and Player 2 can only play one after another; in the Service Mode though, simultaneous gameplay can be enabled. Along with the ship's primary weapons, the player also has access to three bombs: one that can make a wave of fire that starts from behind the player's ship and scrolls "up" the screen, one that makes a powerful circular, nova-like blast, and one that shoots several mini-missiles capable of homing in on multiple targets. The game has six stages."

Tracklist:

00:00 01- Neo Geo Logo
00:10 02- Credit Inserted
00:14 03- Eye Catch Sammy
00:25 04- Title
00:43 05- Instruction
01:01 06- Not All There 'Area 1'
03:29 07- F.O.B. 'Boss
05:41 08- Un Caillou Ricochet 'Area 2'
10:17 09- Be Your Age! 'Area 3'
12:35 10- Ass Back Wards 'Area 4'
16:30 11- La Nervatura M. 'Area 5'
19:47 12- Physical Daydream 'Area 6'
23:21 13- F.O.B. -Biotron Mix- ' Final'
25:07 14- Mes Volutes Bleues 'Ending'
27:33 15- Continue
27:58 16- Name Entry

Anthony...

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

1. Fire Suplex/#NeoGeo CD 1993 Complete Tested Working Video Game Wrestling CDZ #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/RIWHkLiNZG

CwiE59YXUAUeytn.jpg
    0 replies1 retweet1 like
    Retweet
    Liked
    More
  2. #NeoGeo MVS Metal Slug 3 Working Arcade Jamma 100% Original #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/vsCzpuRbfN

CwfEoKiXgAAh1on.jpg
    0 replies2 retweets2 likes
    Retweet
    Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member Jim from KidShoryuken doing another excellent video for us. This evening, Jim answered my question on his Neo-Geo memories and how it all began and why does he's still an active member in playing the Neo-Geo and its titles

Hope you all enjoy what Jim said and thank you as always for what you do for the community Jim! :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Anthony I have a question for you. Is it normal for a copy of a us magician Lord to have two labels underneath it. Thanks!

Hey Evan,

Yes, some Neo-Geo AES carts have double labels underneath them. I have one with Samurai Shodown with a label underneath it as well. Sometimes SNK did this for cost savings. It doesn't mean that the game is fake, its just some of SNK's little quirks that they did. The label is usually Japanese that's hiding under them.

Hope this hope your question Evan. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

More from Pitfall Harry.

Crossed Swords 2/#NeoGeo CD 1995 Complete Tested Working Video Game Fighting #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/BuIwYfGyKW

CwikK3UXEAAQtvH.jpg
0 replies2 retweets2 likes
Retweet
Liked

Pulstar/#NeoGeo CD 1995 Complete Tested Working Video Game CDZ Shooter #retrogaming #ebay http://www.retrodeals.net/WVuOfbxeHr

CwjlBFrXUAAlri1.jpg
0 replies1 retweet3 likes
Retweet
Liked

Anthony...

Hi guys,

This morning, were with a gamer by the name of, Atari Fitness. Here, were going to see the kind sir playing Metal Slug 1st Mission for the NGPC. Pretty good video I must say. :)

From the description,

"Metal Slug: 1st Mission is a run and gun video game for the Neo-Geo Pocket Color handheld platform created by SNK. It was released in 1999 in both Japan and North America. "

Anthony...

• Like 1

Heya fdurso,

I was wondering if you knew of any Neo Geo projects currently in the works for the AES / MVS systems? The last one I remember coming around was Kraut Buster from NG:Dev team and I couldn't afford to jump on it at the time. Are there any other games on the horizon that might be released for the systems?

Hey Chaos,

Yes, NGDEVTEAM is making an Ikari Warrior style title in the near future. They wanted to do Kraut Buster first but it should be available soon for pre-order.

Another company by the name of Neobitz that made Knight's Chance is also in the works of a new title as well. Nothing new has been mention on the project, but its expect to know some details probably in 2017.

You have multicarts available by Neosdstore.com for the MVS right now for ordering. Pics available

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php

27-home_default.jpg

32-home_default.jpg

379,99 €

Another multicart in the works is by a person named Darksoft at the Arcadeworks forums. Here's a link if you like to see that one Here's a pic of it and where to pre-order one

339sm1i.jpg

http://www.arcade-projects.com/forums/index.php?thread/1770-preorder-interest-check/&pageNo=1

Then you have a few games from neoayato.com that were released by them with permission from Visco such as Breakers Revenge, Ganryu, and Neo Drift Out New Technology. But these guys have a checkered past and many in the Neo-Geo community should be warned about them. But here are their games.

s-l300.jpg

945780257128.jpg

neo-drift-out-aes.jpg

Hope this helps you out Chaos. Anymore questions, feel free to write. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 1