IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Just a quick word from me that my reprint of "Gunlord" AES JPN arrived a couple weeks ago, and boy, is it glorious!!!! What a game. Waiting all this time for a reprint to happen was absolutely worth it. I am loving the visuals, the music, the feeling, the flow...but I'm also taking it slow, as to not see the whole gam at once. :)

Excellent stuff!

Hi Fabian,

Great to see you again on the Neo-Geo thread. Always great to see what you post and what what you have to say to us. :thumbsup: :)

We're happy to know that you received Gunlord 2nd reprint for the AES. I have the Japanese version myself and glad you did the same as well. We certainly know you will have a blast playing the run n gun title no doubt :-D

Come by anytime bro. You're always welcome on the thread. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Demul -------------------------------

This week i been playing around with the Demul Emulator which can emulate a lot of the Dreamcast and Naomi based Systems and been playing the Atomiswave and Naomic games based SNK properties. Pretty sure all these games were only released in Japan only.

DEmul 0.7 Alpha http://demul.emulation64.com/downloads/

It's pretty easy to get running as you just need to unzip the emulator and download the Mame roms and bios for Naomi and Atomiswave and put them inside a folder named /roms

Naomi Games also have a .Chd which also needs to be download from the Mame set

Then open Demul and then config your controls under arcade

Then File run Atomiswave or Naomi

Sega Naomi

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 : Millionaire Fighting 2001

Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000 Pro

Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000

Sammy Atomiswave

Metal Slug 6

The King Of Fighters Neowave

The King Of Fighters XI

Samurai Showdown VI / Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

Neogeo Battle Coliseum

--------------------------------------------------------

First impressions so far is that their isn't any real bad games in this list, though i clearly like some games a lot better then others.

Games also seem to be in a OK playable State

Capcom Vs series is probably the best looking of the pack, as Capcom clearly spent a lot of time on the details especially all the animations including the backgrounds which are very interactive and all the SNK and Capcom rosters were well blended and balanced.

The King Of Fighters XI is probably the best title that SNK Playmore has on the Atomiswave, polished and so insanely fun especially since the controls are so tight and characters have quite a few styles.

Metal Slug 6 felt like it belong in the series so was a well done effort by SNK Playmore as it feels pretty close to 3

The King Of Fighters Neowave I was somewhat confused since it plays somewhat like 98 but isn't

Samurai Showdown VI feels well polished though i like the original 2 a lot better

• Like 1

Hi everybody, Harold takes a beginners look at The King of Fighters XIV on the pc. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iflxd57vk_A&t=2040s

Hey Harold,

Thank you for stopping by and posting your King of Fighters XIV video for us to enjoy. Nicely done. :)

Anthony..

• Like 2

Demul -------------------------------

This week i been playing around with the Demul Emulator which can emulate a lot of the Dreamcast and Naomi based Systems and been playing the Atomiswave and Naomic games based SNK properties. Pretty sure all these games were only released in Japan only.

DEmul 0.7 Alpha http://demul.emulation64.com/downloads/

It's pretty easy to get running as you just need to unzip the emulator and download the Mame roms and bios for Naomi and Atomiswave and put them inside a folder named /roms

Naomi Games also have a .Chd which also needs to be download from the Mame set

Then open Demul and then config your controls under arcade

Then File run Atomiswave or Naomi

Sega Naomi

Capcom Vs. SNK 2 : Millionaire Fighting 2001

Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000 Pro

Capcom Vs. SNK : Millennium Fight 2000

Sammy Atomiswave

Metal Slug 6

The King Of Fighters Neowave

The King Of Fighters XI

Samurai Showdown VI / Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

Neogeo Battle Coliseum

--------------------------------------------------------

First impressions so far is that their isn't any real bad games in this list, though i clearly like some games a lot better then others.

Games also seem to be in a OK playable State

Capcom Vs series is probably the best looking of the pack, as Capcom clearly spent a lot of time on the details especially all the animations including the backgrounds which are very interactive and all the SNK and Capcom rosters were well blended and balanced.

The King Of Fighters XI is probably the best title that SNK Playmore has on the Atomiswave, polished and so insanely fun especially since the controls are so tight and characters have quite a few styles.

Metal Slug 6 felt like it belong in the series so was a well done effort by SNK Playmore as it feels pretty close to 3

The King Of Fighters Neowave I was somewhat confused since it plays somewhat like 98 but isn't

Samurai Showdown VI feels well polished though i like the original 2 a lot better

Hey enoofu,

I'm not really familiar with the Demul Emulator. Ben really interested on playing the Atomiswave game that SNK help developed on the unit though. Should look into this more.

Nice work bro. I learned something new tonight. :)

Anthony..

Hey enoofu,

I'm not really familiar with the Demul Emulator. Ben really interested on playing the Atomiswave game that SNK help developed on the unit though. Should look into this more.

Nice work bro. I learned something new tonight. :)

Anthony..

Yeah Demul is pretty easy to use and is a easyway to see if anyone likes Sega Naomi or Sammy Atomiswave Games both supposedly can be played on a soft-modded Naomi so you can load roms into the machine by netbooting. Sammy Atomiswave is basically is a dumbdown/Cheaper version of Naomi so they apparently run at 100% on a Naomi.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

5f0601bb-ef18-4bf7-acee-b6cab353193c.jpg cf2bbe0d-9b1e-4d4e-b6f4-d1cd166eb582.jpg DATA013: METAL SLUG

We are thrilled to announce a new partnership with SNK Corporation. Over the past year, we have been working closely with the SNK team in Japan to develop an exclusive release for what is perhaps their most iconic franchise: METAL SLUG.

The vinyl release features the complete music from the first entry in the series (Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001), composed by Takushi Hiyamuta in 1996. Working in collaboration with the SNK Sound Team, the audio was sourced from a NEOGEO development kit in Japan and then mastered at our in-house studio in London. The release is packaged in a gatefold sleeve with accompanying double-sided lithographic insert, featuring rare artwork from the Japanese archives and a special translucent OBI strip with fluorescent Pantone print. A download code for the digital album in both lossy and lossless formats will also be included.

This release is available in the following editions:

• 180g Tri-Colour Stripe with White Splatter (Limited Edition) - £20.99
  • 180g Opaque Yellow - £19.99
  • 180g Classic Black - £19.99

Available from SATURDAY 7th OCTOBER at data-discs.com

Note: this is a pre-order item. All copies will ship by the end of November.

Audio samples can be found HERE

Now there's something Neo Geo I can afford and in to collectiong. That would go nicely along side my other records :) better check to see how much I've spent this month.

• Like 2

Hi guys,

◆SNKオンラインショップinfo◆ 10月8日(日)お昼より秋葉原駅の中央改札口前とUDX前の2ヶ所でファン必携の「NEOGEOうちわ」を配付! 目印はNEOGEO Tシャツ!ぜひお越しください。 ※数に限りがあります。 #SNK #NEOGEO #SNKオンラインショップpic.twitter.com/B2gahYEOMw

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

◆ SNK online shop info ◆ 10/8 (Sunday) lunch in two places of Jr Akihabara Station Central gate and UDX must for fans of "NEOGEO fans" will be handed from! Mark's NEOGEO t-shirt! Please take a look at. ※ The number is limited. #SNK #NEOGEO #SNKオンラインショップ

DLbTjmgUIAAMNrx.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

SNKこだわりのドット絵をモチーフにした新グッズブランド“PIXEL LABEL(ピクセルレーベル)”が登場!ただ今、先行予約販売中! #SNK #KOF #NEOGEO http://x.bmd.jp/bm/p/aa/fw.php?d=1&i=jshoda_snkcorp&c=7&n=835 pic.twitter.com/xpPVkhFVWx

Translate from Japanese
Translated from Japanese by BingWrong translation?

Brand new toy sticking SNK dot paintings with the motif "LABEL PIXEL (pixel level)" is here! Right now, the leading book sale! #SNK #KOF http://x.bmd.jp/bm/p/aa/fw.php?d=1&i=jshoda_snkcorp&c=7&n=835 #ttps://t.co/pho8le7z1x

DLX8XieUMAA1YyX.jpg

Anthony...

Yeah Demul is pretty easy to use and is a easyway to see if anyone likes Sega Naomi or Sammy Atomiswave Games both supposedly can be played on a soft-modded Naomi so you can load roms into the machine by netbooting. Sammy Atomiswave is basically is a dumbdown/Cheaper version of Naomi so they apparently run at 100% on a Naomi.

Sounds good enoofu. I need to take a look at this even further. I do like the Sega Naomi and Sammy Atomiswave games. After reading on what you have to say about it really makes this worthwhile. Thank you for sharing this information bro. :)

Anthony..

Now there's something Neo Geo I can afford and in to collectiong. That would go nicely along side my other records :) better check to see how much I've spent this month.

Glad you like it Mark. :thumbsup:

I'm planning to be on around 2PM EST time because their pre-orders become avalible at 7PM BST. SO I'm ready to purchase all three.

Hope you like to acquire them tomorrow Mark. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

Back with another great maintence and repair video from Global Garage. Enjoy :)

From the description,

.How to repair Neo Geo AES Power & Video RAM fault

A detailed tutorial video on replacing the power components on an early revision AES console. Also swapping out the Video RAM (I keep calling it Palette RAM in the video!) to fix yellow boot screen. Finally replacing the RGB caps with 470uF values for the CXA1145P video encoder

Component list

Main power transistor - NEC A1442
https://goo.gl/CVPGKd

Smaller power transistors - C1815
Most electronic stores have these

VRAM - CXK5814P-35L
https://goo.gl/HN668w

Palette RAM CXK5864BSP-12L or CXK5864BSP-10L
https://goo.gl/FUq9hQ

Neo Geo AES RGB Fix with correct value components
470uF 10v capacitors
75ohm resistors
Most electronic stores have these

Anthony..

Sounds good enoofu. I need to take a look at this even further. I do like the Sega Naomi and Sammy Atomiswave games. After reading on what you have to say about it really makes this worthwhile. Thank you for sharing this information bro. :)

Anthony..

ArcadeModsBrasil playing KOF XI (Atomiswave) on Sega Noami

Darksoft converted most of the Atomiswave games into a format that Noami can use and uses the Netboot method of loading games to the system

PS the Naomi games people use for this method are decrypted roms version

Here is a Nice article on how it done

Netboot Sega Naomi NetDimm

http://8bitplus.co.uk/projects/netboot-sega-naomi-netdimm/

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

1. ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X is now available on PS4,Xbox One and Nintendo Switch! Enjoy the master pieces of NEOGEO! http://hamster.co.jp/american_hamster/arcadearchives/switch/metalslugX.htm pic.twitter.com/6gBdPPjR7x

DLa9iHBU8AArXb_.jpg

Anthony...

• Like 1

ALRIGHT!!!

Fellow Atariage member and Neo-Geo thread contributor is listed on High Score at Highscore.com with his record for Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and Aero Fighters 3/Sonic Wings 3or the Neo-Geo.

http://highscore.com

Nicely done Darrin. Glad to see you doing what you do best. Playing Neo-Geo and making hi-score records. :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::):):)

1. New #HighScore on Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad #NeoGeo by darrin9999 886,230 #Retrogamer #Retrogaming http://ift.tt/2gj6Akm pic.twitter.com/7lAByjTgmw

DLgBfXkXkAEVDYO.jpg

Score: 886,230
    World Ranking: 1
    Scored By: darrin9999(DAR)
    When: 9-11-2017
    96% Legit
    Save
    avatar71_darrin9999_20160716160650.jpg
    Shock-Troopers-2nd-Squad-Neo-Geo-s63641-Shock-Troopers-2nd-Squad-Neo-Geo-s63641-Shock-Troopers-2nd-Squad-Neo-Geo-s63641- Comments

jxtyX0_R_bigger.pngHigh Score @HighScore 3h3 hours ago

New #HighScore on Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3 #NeoGeo by darrin9999 355,700 #Retrogamer #Retrogaming http://ift.tt/2y0sBy6 pic.twitter.com/9OM1A3jFJQ

DLgBekeXUAAwqCL.jpg
Score: 355,700
World Ranking: 1
Scored By: darrin9999(DAR)

When: 9-8-2017

96% Legit
Save

Aero-Fighters-3-Sonic-Wings-3-Neo-Geo-s6Aero-Fighters-3-Sonic-Wings-3-Neo-Geo-s6Aero-Fighters-3-Sonic-Wings-3-Neo-Geo-s6

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224
  • Like 3