IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

Sitting here looking at eBay and other sites and its got me thinking about everyone on here. Whats everyone else got their eye on regarding Neo?

Now that I've got a NeoSD, the only remaining games I want legit copies of are solely for nostalgia purposes: League Bowling and KOF 98, maybe 2001. Have fond memories of playing all three of those at my old friend's game nights before he passed away.

• Like 2

Sitting here looking at eBay and other sites and its got me thinking about everyone on here. Whats everyone else got their eye on regarding Neo?

Hey Paul,

I'm trying to get myself a Japanese Mutation Nation for the AES. But after that one for awhile, but get get one at a reasonable price. League Bowling is second on my list either a Japanese or English version. :)

Anthony...

Maybe in 100 years.

Hi Evan

For the AES Metal Slug in any language yes. But for AES King of Fighters, you'll have much better luck if you go the Japanese route. The only game that would be difficult at a fair price would be 2003. I have the complete set of KOF in Japanese. So it can be done if you dedicate yourself on it.

Anthony..

I'd like to track down Panic Bomber for the correct price (sub$100) not the recent one dude with a copy up fishing for an idiot price on MVS format. I have a mini marquee waiting to pair with it.

Hey Tanooki,

Yeah that seller wants $299 for it. Too much for sure. However a seller from Australia has one for $135 dollars. I don't know if you want a Japanese version, but at least the seller is honest and showed pics of the boards to show legitimacy.

Anthony..

Now that I've got a NeoSD, the only remaining games I want legit copies of are solely for nostalgia purposes: League Bowling and KOF 98, maybe 2001. Have fond memories of playing all three of those at my old friend's game nights before he passed away.

Hey uber,

Nice choice of the three you mention. Personally if it was me, I would go for King of Fighters '98 first. If you can get the artbook with it, that would be even better. Next would be League Bowling and KOF 2001.

I was just looking at a 98 on Ebay that I was thinking of buying for kicks. But after you mention that you would like to acquire one, I think you'll be best to have it in your collection uber. :)

Here's the link. Comes from a reputable seller, free shipping and it automatically comes with tracking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KING-OF-FIGHTERS-98-NEO-GEO-AES-Japan-/122554678615?epid=170240266&hash=item1c88d3fd57%3Ag%3A6SIAAOSwgv5ZR05~&_trkparms=pageci%253Ac04e0fd1-ae4f-11e7-bea6-74dbd180d1c4%257Cparentrq%253A0a2e33c315f0ab64f911eb6dfffcaf15%257Ciid%253A9

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

This morning, were back with NintendoComplete. After requesting the title of Burning Fight, the kind sir took it into consideration and here's the playthrough of it on the Nintendo Switch.. Enjoy. :)

From the description,

"A playthrough of SNK's 1991 beat 'em up for the Neo Geo AES, Burning Fight.

Played through as Duke on the normal difficulty level.

Burning Fight was one of the many early titles for the AES that impressed quite a bit when it was new. Granted, the eye-watering price to play ($650 for the console with one controller and choice of game) meant that very few got to experience it, but for those that did, this was incredible stuff at the time: this was available before the SNES US launch. The huge characters, the sample-heavy FM cheese rock, and the fact that it was a current arcade title you could play at home surely helped to justify the price tag. The box loudly advertised "54 MEGS" when the average console game at the time was in the 2-4meg range. It certainly left an impression.

I didn't play it til years later when I found a new copy of the CD version for about 500 yen, but despite it being over ten years old at the time, I absolutely fell in love with it. It's a competent Final Fight clone, but everything in Burning Fight was slathered in a blindingly shiny, corny veneer that made it super appealing to me. It's a bit on the generic side, but that was fine by me. It played really well, and wasn't as tediously long as some of the other early Neo Geo beat 'em ups. It is as hard as you'd expect from an SNK game, though. It's far less forgiving than Streets of Rage and Final Fight, for sure.

It didn't hurt that the Hulk and Macho Man are featured as bosses, either.

It also features one of the most accidentally sexually-explicit animations I've ever seen in a game. The between-round action in Ring King has nothing on this, I assure you. It happens during Stage 3, shortly after the sassy-walking vagrant parades onto the playfield. I still remember the first time I saw it, and it still shocks me to this day. That happens around 14:20, for those that are curious.

Thanks to CharlieCat for the suggestion. I've been playing it again on the Switch now that it's been released, and I've enjoyed it again every bit as much as I did the first time - maybe more so now that I don't have to deal with the Neo Geo CD's load times!
_
No cheats were used during the recording of this video. "

NintendoComplete (http://www.nintendocomplete.com/) punches you in the face with in-depth reviews, screenshot archives, and music from classic 8-bit NES games!

Visit for the latest updates!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nintend...
https://twitter.com/nes_complete

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

Hey Tanooki,

Yeah that seller wants $299 for it. Too much for sure. However a seller from Australia has one for $135 dollars. I don't know if you want a Japanese version, but at least the seller is honest and showed pics of the boards to show legitimacy.

Anthony..

Aussie shippers usually on ebay are ripoffs too. I'll see an old Nintendo (nes, snes, even 3oz gameboy) games go for like $10-15 shipping and NG being larger notably more ($20-30.) And given when I have seen panic bomber actually sell it goes for enough under $100 shipped in the US I can wait even if it takes a very long time. I don't reward squatters with impatient buying.

I want all the Metal Slugs & all the KOFs

Me too! :grin: I have just started my KOF collection, I own 95 and have 97 & 99 on there way ;-)

I'd like to track down Panic Bomber for the correct price (sub$100) not the recent one dude with a copy up fishing for an idiot price on MVS format. I have a mini marquee waiting to pair with it.

Never seen that going to take a look now.

Ah another NeoSD user, Matt has put me on to one of those but first I got to find the £400 :woozy:

Hey Paul,

I'm trying to get myself a Japanese Mutation Nation for the AES. But after that one for awhile, but get get one at a reasonable price. League Bowling is second on my list either a Japanese or English version. :)

Anthony...

I see quite a few league bowling whilst looking around - I think they come in the cardboard box right?

• Like 1

Seen some good prices on that recently mate :thumbsup:

Correct again Paul. :thumbsup:

Looks pretty tempting. I would like to get the Japanese version in the carton box mostly. But if I see one with an auction or a price tag that's too tempting to ignore, you know I'll pick it up. :)

Anthony..

stumbled across this tonight - Obviously not a new concept but this model of branding is new to me http://www.japangameonline.com/index.php?id_product=528&controller=product&id_lang=1&search_query=aes&results=1

Anyone have experience with this exact same convertor?

I don't recall seeing this before. Correct again Paul on not being a new concept. but it did capture my attention as an option to have. :thumbsup: :)

Thank you for taking the time to search sharing this link with us Paul. :-D

Anthony..

I have just started my KOF collection, I own 95 and have 97 & 99 on there way ;-)

Speaking of the series Paul, I was looking for a KOF '96 for you on Ebay. Sadly, I haven't seen one that is really presentable to give you a link. Either the labels are peeling, snap cases have damage, manuals have creases and/or the carts have scratches on them. The problem with early Japanese KOF games, is that the previous owners did rough them up a bit. :(

It took me awhile to find a minty version off Ebay years ago.

Anthony..

maybe 2001.

Speaking of which uber, an interesting story about King Of fighters 2001 on how I have the Japanese version of the game and received it for free.

A top rated Japanese seller off Ebay named, "hit-japan" was selling a King of Fighters 2002 for the AES. I wanted that to continue on with my collection in the series. After ordering it and was shipped to my home, they sent the wrong title. Someone that was taking the orders mailed me 2001 instead. :(

After I contacted them through email, they told me that they were sorry and begged me not to give them negative feedback. Then, they even refunded my money (S&H as well) with no questions asked regarding proof that they sent the wrong game! Which I found it unusual for anybody that sells Neo-Geo games not wanting to do so. But what was really the kicker, is they didn't even want the 2001 version back at all. :!:

So I literally have a game that was given to me for free. Never experienced anything like this before. And mostly likely never will again. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Speaking of which uber, an interesting story about King Of fighters 2001 on how I have the Japanese version of the game and received it for free.

A top rated Japanese seller off Ebay named, "hit-japan" was selling a King of Fighters 2002 for the AES. I wanted that to continue on with my collection in the series. After ordering it and was shipped to my home, they sent the wrong title. Someone that was taking the orders mailed me 2001 instead. :(

After I contacted them through email, they told me that they were sorry and begged me not to give them negative feedback. Then, they even refunded my money (S&H as well) with no questions asked regarding proof that they sent the wrong game! Which I found it unusual for anybody that sells Neo-Geo games not wanting to do so. But what was really the kicker, is they didn't even want the 2001 version back at all. :!:

So I literally have a game that was given to me for free. Never experienced anything like this before. And mostly likely never will again. :)

Anthony..

My history with 2001: I had a friend (who went on this forum by Robotron) who was a huge Neo Geo collector from the system's launch. He lived near an arcade in Detroit and would hold weekly game nights every friday; since the main crew in the area was into fighting games that was mostly what got played. The arcade in question didn't get KOF 2001, but he did, so every Friday after they closed everyone would come by his place to keep the games going with 2k1 (along with the Neo Geo regulars who were there early). I remember on more than one occasion 15+ people crammed into his living room to watch or play KOF 2001, and one time enough folks showed up that we formed into four-player teams, with everyone taking one character. Is it the best KOF? Nah, it's janky, the music is weird, and the art is bizarre... but it reminds me of those glory days and of him.

League Bowling - similar story. It, along with Mario Kart, almost always got played at some point in the evening as a "cooldown" title.

As for KOF 98, my buddies and I played it a ton on the Dreamcast when that was new, and the Neo version being better and all... but it doesn't have *quite* the same feelings that the other two do, even though I objectively know the game is better than 2001 and have played it more.

But after buying the NeoSD I am in no rush to grab any of these until I find a really good deal... and even then, I already got them!

• Like 1