IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

So, I got some bad news this week. After getting all psyched because I realized my Wii-U could be used as a dork's NeoGeo, Nintendo announced that the Wii Shop is closing. Which means I only have about six months to buy any games I want. Looks like I'm going to have to stock up while I can and play later-- a habit I've been trying to break.

BUT--- had some good news lately too! Thanks to the generousity of a super-secret anonymous donor who happens to rhyme with "fdurso224", I managed to accumulate a LOT of Neo games on non-Neo formats! This is going to shorten my shopping list quite a bit! Thanks buddy!post-9942-0-39920200-1507995395_thumb.jpg

Edited by godslabrat
  • Like 2

Sitting here looking at eBay and other sites and its got me thinking about everyone on here. Whats everyone else got their eye on regarding Neo?

I'm a bit late on this topic, but eventually I'd like to finish collecting my AES Dog Tag set. I'm currently 5 games away from a complete set; Eight Man, Football Frenzy, King of the Monsters, Soccer Brawl & World Heroes 2: Jet. Other than those titles, I'm keeping an eye out for news on NG:DEV pre-orders and a few of the cheaper english releases I still don't have like Riding Hero & The Super Spy.

• Like 1

Can someone here post when the darksoft cart is available, the forum he uses is wack.

Hey Tusecsy,

Welcome aboard to the Neo-Geo thread. :)

Sure, will let you know. But Darksoft is still having trouble with its multicart. From what I'm reading up lately , their having problems with the unibios compatibility as of late. So it looks like it will be sometime before will see another video regarding the cart in action again. Plus, NeoSD as another project that they'll be revealing soon.

Will keep you posted. :)

Anthony..

Hey Tusecsy,

Sure, will let you know. But Darksoft is still having trouble with its multicart. From what I'm reading up lately , their having problems with the unibios compatibility as of late. So it looks like it will be sometime before will see another video regarding the cart in action again. Plus, NeoSD as another project that they'll be revealing soon.

Anthony..

Do you think it will ever be done?
  • Like 1

Do you think it will ever be done?

Hey Evan,

It will eventually. But will it par to the quality of the NeoSD? After reading up that they will be announcing something big with one of their projects soon, makes me think will Darksoft really have a chance of toppling them with their multicart at all? :ponder:

Anthony

Edited by fdurso224

I'm a bit late on this topic, but eventually I'd like to finish collecting my AES Dog Tag set. I'm currently 5 games away from a complete set; Eight Man, Football Frenzy, King of the Monsters, Soccer Brawl & World Heroes 2: Jet. Other than those titles, I'm keeping an eye out for news on NG:DEV pre-orders and a few of the cheaper english releases I still don't have like Riding Hero & The Super Spy.

Sounds good Chaos :thumbsup:

Glad you're setting yourself a nice goal and only 5 games away on collecting the AES Dog Tag set. I would go first with King of the Monsters because my brother and I played that one the most in the arcades. :)

Thank you for being on the look out for us for the NGDT pre-orders when they come out. See really benefit from you since it helps to secure a copy for a game. :)

Anthony..

So, I got some bad news this week. After getting all psyched because I realized my Wii-U could be used as a dork's NeoGeo, Nintendo announced that the Wii Shop is closing. Which means I only have about six months to buy any games I want. Looks like I'm going to have to stock up while I can and play later-- a habit I've been trying to break.

BUT--- had some good news lately too! Thanks to the generousity of a super-secret anonymous donor who happens to rhyme with "fdurso224", I managed to accumulate a LOT of Neo games on non-Neo formats! This is going to shorten my shopping list quite a bit! Thanks buddy!attachicon.gifIMG_5590.JPG

Ooooh... Looks like somebody is going to have fun with those excellent compilation titles on their PS2 and Wii. :-D

Glad that they're all to your liking Aaron. Hope they bring you many years of enjoyment and hopefully it will motivate you to buy the Neo-Geo hardware in the future. If you make videos of the games, feel free to post them here. Will be honored to listen on what you have to say, while seeing your gaming skills in action. :)

Anthony...

This sign is Awesome! Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!

Glad it's to your liking Darrin. Hope it give you years of enjoyment and wowing guess over at your pad. :)

Were happy that you came back into the Neo-Geo scene once again. Glad we were able to motivate you to do so whilehaving fun playing games that SNK has developed for all of us to enjoy.

Keep up the good work you certainly do for the community bro. :thumbsup: :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hey Tusecsy,

Anthony..

Its A Deco Multicart

DECO basically was the 1980's NeoGeo by DataEast

The current list of supported games is as follows:

ANGLER DANGLER-US

ASTRO FANTASIA-US

BOULDER DASH-US

BUMP 'N' JUMP-US

BURGER TIME-US

BURNIN' RUBBER-US SET 1

BURNIN' RUBBER-US SET 2

BURGER TIME-JP

DISCO NO.1-US

DS TELEJAN-JP

FLASH BOYSET.1,JP

FIGHTING ICE HOCKEY-US

FISHING-JP

FLYING BALL-US

CLUSTER BUSTER-US

GRAPLOP-US

GRAPLOP-JP

HAMBURGER-JP

HIGHWAY CHASE-US

LOCK'N'CHASE-US

LOCK'N'CHASE-JP

LUCKY POKER-US

MANHATTAN-JP

MISSION-X-US

NIGHT STAR-US SET 1

OCEAN TO OCEAN/V1,JP

OCEAN TO OCEAN/V6,US

PP'S ICE CREAM F.-US 1

PP'S ICE CREAM F.-US 2

PRO BOWLING-US

TOURNAMENT PRO GOLF-US

18 CHALLENGE PRO GOLF-JP

TOURNAMENT PRO GOLF-JP

PRO SOCCER-US

PRO SOCCER-JP

PRO TENNIS-US

PRO TENNIS-JP

SUPER DOUBLES TENNIS-JP

SKATER-JP

SUPER ASTRO FIGHTER-US

SWEET HEART-US

TERRANEAN-US

TREASURE ISLAND-US SET 1

TREASURE ISLAND-US SET 2

ZEROIZE-US

• Like 2

Hey Tusecsy,

Anthony..

I'm kinda assuming Darksoft are trying to make it work just like their F3 Taito Card

F3 Taito was one of Neo Geo main competitions as you could exchange Game rom boards at the time

A review on the F3 Darksoft card by Middle Aged Retro Gamer

(from Middle Aged Retro Gamer Youtube channel, not sure if this is bias or not as I don't know their content or who runs it)

• Like 1

I'm kinda assuming Darksoft are trying to make it work just like their F3 Taito Card

F3 Taito was one of Neo Geo main competitions as you could exchange Game rom boards at the time

A review on the F3 Darksoft card by Middle Aged Retro Gamer

(from Middle Aged Retro Gamer Youtube channel, not sure if this is bias or not as I don't know their content or who runs it)

I was thinking that myself enoofu. I really want to see what they have up their sleeve next with their next video to try to regain confidence from so many at this point.

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224