IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

I'm having a hard time getting an MVS board lol. If it boots the board to the test menu, but no games have been tested, is it worth trying? I don't what little I have and be screwed. What's a reasonable price for that, or a price for a tested and working 4 slot?

• Like 1

Depends on a lot of factors, did they give you pictures of the PCB, both sides?

As you probably want to check the caps at least, Jamma edge connector, and the overall board condition.

If those look OK it should be working

Also as a warning again 4 sloter follow's the MVS standard and would need some adapter to fit to a Jamma Supergun

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

I'm having a hard time getting an MVS board lol. If it boots the board to the test menu, but no games have been tested, is it worth trying? I don't what little I have and be screwed. What's a reasonable price for that, or a price for a tested and working 4 slot?

Hey F34R,

Here's a good one for you regarding a 4 slot version. :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-MVS-4-Slot-Arcade-Game-Board/253564451766?hash=item3b099e7bb6:g:ld8AAOSwysRawWR~

Anthony...

I'm having a hard time getting an MVS board lol. If it boots the board to the test menu, but no games have been tested, is it worth trying? I don't what little I have and be screwed.

Here's two good auctions that will be to your liking as well. Both from a top rated seller and with warranties. Hope this helps :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NeoGeo-SNK-1-Slot-Motherboard-model-MV-1C-MV1B-NeoGeo-Multi-Games-no-Manual/231255576242?hash=item35d7e80eb2:g:24kAAOSwlptZ6mrf

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NeoGeo-SNK-1-Slot-Motherboard-model-MV-1C-used-works-w-Neo-Geo-Multi-Game-PCB/332255460828?epid=1100688429&hash=item4d5bf7fddc:g:r7MAAOSwHNxaAig0

Anthony...

Hmm... I guess the mv1c is better to get? I'm guessing these are ok for NA games?

• Like 1

Hmm... I guess the mv1c is better to get? I'm guessing these are ok for NA games?

If you feel that either one are more to your preference rather than the 4 slotted ones, than yes. Also, Neo Geo games are region free. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I went ahead and bought the mv1c listed as new. Thanks for the advice and the links. Now I need to deal with getting a decent arcade controller to work with lol. I'm useless.

Have no fear. if you have problems, you have protection from the sellers warranty for 30 days and Ebay if you have trouble during that time. Plus, these boards are very reliable and last for years. No worries, you did good for yourself. :)

Anthony..

Edited by fdurso224

That is a mistake from the seller. It's not new. BUT 100% working condition with a warranty from a top rated seller..

Have no fear. if you have problems, you have protection from the sellers warranty for 30 days and Ebay if you have trouble during that time. Plus, these boards are very reliable and last for years. No worries, you did good for yourself. :)

Anthony..

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes lol. I appreciate it. Now I'm jamma pcb hunting and mvs cart hunting lol. Still don't have a controller yet either lol. I hate being new at this.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes lol. I appreciate it. Now I'm jamma pcb hunting and mvs cart hunting lol. Still don't have a controller yet either lol. I hate being new at this.

Awesome F34R. :thumbsup:

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance. Will do our best to help you. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

Some nice Neo Geo posters! also have other console posters.

https://foxyprinting.co.uk/collections/other-console-posters/neo-geo-posters

WHOA! :-o Those are really nice looking posters Darrin. Thank you for hooking us up with a link to them. :thumbsup:

They do have one that I would like to buy. That's the Viewpoint version. Perfect for a gift for my brother. :)

Anthony...

• Like 1

Much appreciated.

You're welcome. :thumbsup: We aim to please. :-D

Since we're on the subject. I have a question to ask regarding the accessory.

When you say you're looking for a controler, are you planning to build your own stick or purchase a piece ready for use?

Anthony

Edited by fdurso224

Hi guys,

1. KOF XIVの最新スクリーンショットを紹介! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14pic.twitter.com/2n5s28VMBP

Translate from Japanese
    Translated from Japanese by Microsoft

Introducing the latest screenshot of KOF XIV! #SNK #KOF #KOFXIV #KOF14

DbcJWAJV0AASBFX.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

1. We are back with the #KCOKOFMonthly, just 2 weeks away! Start off #KOFXIV 3.0 strong and brawl with the best. Contribute through @matcherino_, like the free $$ from sponsor links, to build the pot! Register: http://kco.challonge.com/KOFXIV6 Campaign: http://tinyurl.com/KCOKOFMonthly6 pic.twitter.com/VsMWfSjylx

DbAEJ2SU0AAwSU2.jpg

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Back with fellow Atariage member Neo Gunloc with more exciting action from him. Here we see him doing a mini series playing as Geese Howard. playthrought. So let's dive right in, and se what he has in store for us shall we? :)

From the description,

"In what is in my honest opinion, one of the most gorgeous fighting games ever made.. I hereby present to you Fatal Fury 3 : Road To The Final Victory. Starting with the first part of my Geese Howard playthrough."

Anthony...

You're welcome. :thumbsup: We aim to please. :-D

Since we're on the subject. I have a question to ask regarding the accessory.

When you say you're looking for a controler, are you planning to build your own stick or purchase a piece ready for use?

Anthony

I'm not opposed to building it, but if there's an affordable solution already out there that's ready to go, I'm tempted to go that route.