IGNORED

The Official NEO-GEO Thread!

12 hours ago, Bod2019 said:

Control Panel

The control panel has taken a hell of a lot of my thoughts when it has come to the design and replication.  As with all of this build I have wanted to get as close as I can to the original design of an MVS cabinet (within reason), the control panel has been no exception.

For those unaware the original control panels are metal, and follow a very nice set of 90 degree bends, where it returns on itself and culminates in a hinge that mounts it to a panel at the top of the coin door panel.

I have to accept my limitations on this build, I am not familiar with working with metal, so decided a wooden panel would have to suffice.  I spent a long time looking at how to build this control panel through the medium of wood, whilst creating something accurate and true to the original.

My design ended up consisting of four panels, which are doweled and glued together for strength (no screws - sticking to my desire not to have to fill any holes).  A fifth panel sits ontop of the coin door panel where the panel is hinged, to enable access to the MVS board, etc..,.

Again on paper this all seemed feasible, and within my abilities to undertake.  I repeat, on paper.  This was probably the one job I had built up in my head as being the most critical in relation to precision of cuts and routing on my part.  For several reasons:

1. I had purchased a new reproduction of an original one slot control panel overlay.  As the original panel is all flush across the top, I didn’t want to have my overlay (2mm thick) standing proud of the rest of my panel.  I had to ensure all of my cuts were square and accurate to allow the overlap to sit nicely with my control panel.
  2. I have opted to use Sanwa JLF joysticks in my panel, my control panel is 18mm thick, so to enable the correct mounting height I needed to route out both a hole for the base of the Sanwa’s to drop into the panel and a10mm drop to mount the sticks at precisely 24mm to bottom balltop.  To do this I made up my own template which I cut out of some scrap material.
  3. Sanwa OB30 screw in buttons, again I had to route out half the material of the panel to enable them to fit, as they are quite shallow in depth.
  4. I’ve never jointed boards with dowel and glue before, so this was a critical element as accuracy of the joints needed to be fairly spot on so all of the rounded edges flowed together, I setup a jig for this purpose, thankfully all worked out.
  5. With the control panel being the main point of contact/interaction from the player I wanted to ensure it felt as high a quality and feel as I could achieve, and inline with the original design.  I studied lots of pictures and to get as close as I could to make this look genuine, and going back and forth I decided to get the right flow of angles I went with a 10 degree uplift on the panel, and 1/2’ roundover for the returning edges of the panel.

The control panel is not entirely finished, aside from the paint/finish, I have yet to attach my upstand where the control panel meets the screen glass, also I am awaiting some black coach bolts to hold down the overlay to my panel.

IMG_20201105_171753.jpg

IMG_20201106_162346.jpg

IMG_20201106_174923.jpg

IMG_20201106_174809.jpg

IMG_20201107_110702.jpg

IMG_20201107_123017.jpg

IMG_20201107_141144.jpg

IMG_20201107_141315.jpg

IMG_20201107_155306.jpg

IMG_20201107_155321.jpg

IMG_20201107_181135.jpg

IMG_20201107_185540.jpg

IMG_20201107_185628.jpg

IMG_20201108_103609.jpg

IMG_20201108_191557.jpg

Can't wait to see this arcade working.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,

【予約開始】本日から『SNK ARCADE SOUND DIGITAL COLLECTION Vol.21』の予約がスタート! 『クイズ大捜査線 ~THE LAST COUNT DOWN~』『クイズ迷探偵ネオ&ジオ -クイズ大捜査線パート2-』『クイズ キング・オブ・ファイターズ』の楽曲を収録! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4571442041426.html

#SNK
Translated from Japanese by
[Reservation start] Reservations for "SNK ARCADE SOUND DIGITAL COLLECTION Vol.21" have started today! Includes songs from "Quiz Daisousa Line -THE LAST COUNT DOWN-", "Quiz Detective Neo & Geo-Quiz Daisousa Line Part 2-", and "Quiz King of Fighters"! https://snk-onlineshop.com/item/4571442041426.html

#SNK

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

「サムライスピリッツネオジオコレクション」おんらいんくじは好評発売中! A賞とC賞の組み合わせで、「真サムライスピリッツ」のキャラ選択画面が再現できちゃいます♪ 10回引くと抽選で幻十郎の法被も当たりますので、ぜひ買ってみてくださいね

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

#SNK #サムスピ
"Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection" Onrai Inkuji is now on sale! By combining the A and C prizes, you can reproduce the character selection screen of "Shin Samurai Spirits".♪ If you draw 10 times, you will win Genjuro's happi coat by lottery, so please buy it.

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

#SNK#サムスピ

Anthony...

• Like 2

Hi guys,

「サムライスピリッツ ネオジオコレクション」おんらいんくじ キャラクター選択画面が再現できるアクリルジオラマ+スタンドや、幻の「サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL」の勝利画面クリアファイルなどファン必見です

#サムスピおんらいんくじ https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

Sales start from 11/1

"Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection" Onrai Lottery A must-see for fans such as the acrylic diorama + stand that can reproduce the character selection screen and the victory screen clear file of the phantom "Samurai Spirits Zero SPECIAL"

#サムスピおんらいんくじ https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

Anthony...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bod2019 said:

Thanks for your kind words again.  I'm not on Twitter, but would be interested to know people's thoughts if you get any feedback.

This should all be completed before December, if not a little sooner, ready for some festive gaming ??.

You're welcome Bod. Glad to give a helping hand and we really enjoy seeing your progress on this MVS replica unit you're making. We really enjoy it and can't wait to see the end results with it.

Oh man! Before December Bod? Now that's really amazing on how you can accomplish so much in so little time. You sure are skillful bro. :)

Anthony..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fdurso224 said:

Hi guys,

This morning, we are with Frank Provo. Here we see him in action playing King of the Monsters of the Sega Genesis. Let's dive right in to see Frank playing this gem of a port shall we? :)

Anthony..

Gotta love some romping stomping kaiju action.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and Samurai Shodown VI ported to Dreamcast as Atomiswave arcade ports keep coming

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and Samurai Shodown VI ported to Dreamcast as Atomiswave arcade ports keep coming

November 9, 2020 by George

We are continuing our updates on SNK Atomiswave ports coming to the SEGA Dreamcast. The user Megavolt85 is the SEGA fan behind these ports where he started with Metal Slug 6, then released King of Fighters XI. Now we got not one, but two new games: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum and Samurai Shodown VI!

Download the GDI: NeoGeo Battle Coliseum & Samurai Shodown VI

These ports just keep coming faster and faster. Don’t be shocked that next time you blink, we will have the whole Atomiswave library released. Not that its a bad thing, of course.

Anthony...

Hi guys,

Metal Slug 6, KOF XI, SamSho e NeoGeo Battle Coliseum já foram anunciados. Será que tem mais coisas a caminho?
Translated from Portuguese by
Metal Slug 6, KOF XI, SamSho and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum have already been announced. Is there more to come?
Eidy Tasaka

Eidy Tasaka

Freelance writer and designer, passionate about old games and magazines, encouraged by a father who always nurtured the same addictions. A fan of Japanese RPGs and platform games, he divides his time between Jogo Véio and the few hours of sleep he has.
atomiswave-dreamcast-jogoveio.jpg

If you own a Dreamcast in 2020, your Christmas is already guaranteed. Games like Metal Slug 6 and The King of Fighters XI have unofficially playable versions for the console.

Discontinued in 2001, Dreamcast still has a scene of developers working on new titles, as well as numerous hardware improvements for the console.

kof-xi-jogoveio-1.png

One of these new features was DreamShell (operating system that allows the reading of ISOs, among other diverse features), whose team is responsible for the ports of the games mentioned above.

According to developer megavolt85, the Atomiswave arcade card has hardware very similar to Dreamcast, which made the task easier. As of the time of this post, 4 of the more than 30 games on the board have been announced and tested:

• Metal Slug 6 (2006)
  • The King of Fighters XI (2005)
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (2005)
  • Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkakuden (2005)

Check out some test videos below:

Source: Dreamcast-Talk

Anthony...

• Like 1

Hi guys,

【コミュニティにてアンケート実施中!】 ガチボコフェスファイターについて 2つのアンケートを実施中!

もっと強力になってほしいファイターや 実装を心待ちにしているファイターを ぜひコミュニティにて教えてください! アンケート期間:11/10~11/16 23:59 #KOFAS #KOF
[Questionnaire is being conducted in the community! ] About Gachiboko Fes Fighter We are conducting two questionnaires!

Please let us know in the community which fighters you want to be more powerful and who are looking forward to implementation! Questionnaire period: 11 / 10-11 / 16 23:59 #KOFAS#KOF

Anthony..

I thought I'd poke my head back in here.  I'm going off on kind of an SNK kick thanks to those Atomiswave->DC conversions.  I own a couple atomiswave games, but the hardware unreliability has had me shying away from actually getting one.  I've had a few freezes in kof 11 + NGBC, but usually it's when I run the attract mode (which I like doing).

I'm also finally getting around to trying my dreamcast version of xeno crisis--still haven't gotten my MVS version preorder, but it's nice on DC.  I also recently got the game on evercade, and they did more than expected to help that version out.  Sure evercade's really only got the genesis version still, but at least they re-labeled the button mapping graphics to match the evercade hardware and it defaults to a better control scheme for its layout (identical to DC version)

I also finally picked myself up a bootleg of matrimelee because the prices on legit ones have been climbing ($1k+) and more worrying, they haven't been coming up for sale often.  ...as soon as I do that, wouldn't you know, naturally one comes up on ebay starting at $400--doh.  It'll be neat to see where that ends up.  The boot is good enough for me ATM. I prefer it to the multi-carts because they do weird things to my high score saves when I use them.

Anyway just checking in.  I'm still around, but doing more real-life than social media.  Also still haven't gotten any new arcade cabs--I need to redo some storage cabinets in a corner to make space, so I'm on a list to do that--there's a covid-related backlog...

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Reaperman said:

I thought I'd poke my head back in here.  I'm going off on kind of an SNK kick thanks to those Atomiswave->DC conversions.  I own a couple atomiswave games, but the hardware unreliability has had me shying away from actually getting one.  I've had a few freezes in kof 11 + NGBC, but usually it's when I run the attract mode (which I like doing).

I'm also finally getting around to trying my dreamcast version of xeno crisis--still haven't gotten my MVS version preorder, but it's nice on DC.  I also recently got the game on evercade, and they did more than expected to help that version out.  Sure evercade's really only got the genesis version still, but at least they re-labeled the button mapping graphics to match the evercade hardware and it defaults to a better control scheme for its layout (identical to DC version)

I also finally picked myself up a bootleg of matrimelee because the prices on legit ones have been climbing ($1k+) and more worrying, they haven't been coming up for sale often.  ...as soon as I do that, wouldn't you know, naturally one comes up on ebay starting at $400--doh.  It'll be neat to see where that ends up.  The boot is good enough for me ATM. I prefer it to the multi-carts because they do weird things to my high score saves when I use them.

Anyway just checking in.  I'm still around, but doing more real-life than social media.  Also still haven't gotten any new arcade cabs--I need to redo some storage cabinets in a corner to make space, so I'm on a list to do that--there's a covid-related backlog...

No worries Reaper. Glad to see you on with us and posting away on what's on your mind. This Atomiswave game that are being ported over to the Dreamcast look really interesting. I wouldn't mind having those in the collection to have and play. Caught my interest that I really would like to have them now. :)

Anthony..

Hi guys,

I cant link to the file, but you can find it. #NEOGEO #SNK Battle Coliseum is now been converted from #Atomiswave to #Dreamcast! This has been the best damn week ever for #arcade/fighting game fans!

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys

King of Fighters XI Arcade Ported to SEGA Dreamcast, More Atomiswave Arcade Ports Coming » SEGAbits - #1 Source for SEGA News

King of Fighters XI Arcade Ported to SEGA Dreamcast, More Atomiswave Arcade Ports Coming

November 7, 2020 by George

Literally a week ago I posted that Metal Slug 6 got a Atomiswave Dreamcast port by SEGA super fan MegaVolt85, where he said that the ports are very simple and all you had to do was do a few changes to get them working. He is proving that is correct, by now releasing King of Fighters XI on the SEGA Dreamcast. You can download the GDI image via Dreamcast-Talk. The image comes in at 150mb.

I’ll pretend that MegaVolt85 anciently ran into this post and I’ll now take this post to ask him for a The Rumble Fish 2 and Dolphin Blue Dreamcast ports. Thanks ?

Ad:

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Des pochettes pour aller bien avec vos disques ou vos émulateurs de disques GD-ROM. #Atomiswave #Convert #Dreamcast
Translated from French by
Sleeves to go well with your discs or your GD-ROM disc emulators. #Atomiswave#Convert#Dreamcast

Anthony..

• Like 1

Hi guys,

サムライスピリッツネオジオコレクションおんらいんくじ販売中! https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

このアカウント【 】をフォロー&RTでAmazonギフト券1000円×50名が当たる!

11/14まで #サムスピおんらいんくじ
Samurai Spirits Neo Geo Collection Onrain Lottery is on sale! https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/

This account [ ] Follow & RT to win an Amazon Gift Certificate 1000 yen x 50 people!

Until 11/14 #サムスピおんらいんくじ

Quote Tweet

dgPtvLxk_normal.jpg

プリズムチャンス@オンラインくじ

@prismchance_p
· Oct 31

11/1販売開始

サムライスピリッツネオジオコレクションおんらいんくじ 全25種のハズレなし

10連購入で特製法被10名

https://prismchance.jp/product/samuraispirits_kuji_2020/ さらに

@prismchance_p をフォロー& 本投稿をRTでAmazonギフト券1000円×50名を

11/1~11/14まで #サムスピおんらいんくじ @snk_enter