IGNORED

Setting up a 512k cart

Gazoo

I would love to see TOD and Adventure modules added to the next cart.

I assume you could still load the game files from Disk or Cassette?

Also, Thanks Gazoo and ALL who have contributed to these carts, these

are awesome!!!

I'm not familiar with what it is these 2 carts do. Are they Rom or Grom carts?

If they are Grom carts converted to EA5 versions that have to load additional data in the 32k memory space, it may be a problem.

Gazoo

So the game has to be available in EA 5 format, that would explain some of the missing games and the increased sizes. I wonder if the non-EA 5 games would work as Single Bank Carts?

If they are 8k, yes. That's what my Multicart menu was made for. If they are larger than 8k cartridges, they have bank switching and you'd have to remap the switching code for the banks you put it in. (Can be done, easy to miss a switch though). Side-car carts run in the DSR and 32k memory space (or at least the ones I've seen do) so they require a little more work to make run. I did the work for Arcturus, but then we found someone else had years ago anyway. ;)

How hard is it to convert a file from EA3 to EA5?

Rag Linker will do most of them just by inputting the filenames and sometimes the utilities filename. A small percentage of programs will need a control file to put things where you want them.

Gazoo

I'm not familiar with what it is these 2 carts do. Are they Rom or Grom carts?

If they are Grom carts converted to EA5 versions that have to load additional data in the 32k memory space, it may be a problem.

Gazoo

Your question is a little above me about this, but I believe these are the game files

both run in E/A option 5

***Updated TOD files***

TOD-ADVENTURE.zip

Edited by Fritz442

Your question is a little above me about this, but I believe these are the game files

both run in E/A option 5

A quick examination of the headers indicates that they'll work. Do you have any of the additionally loaded files to test with? Preferably a .dsk image.

There's 48k there, 456k left on the cart (8k for menu).

Keep 'em coming. :)

Gazoo

My ToD image above has quest files that ToD loads. This image has the Scott Adams Adventures that the Adventure module loads.

SCOTT.dsk

Actually on the subject of adventures - this any use? http://atariage.com/forums/topic/94628-pc-to-ti994a-interface/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1986803

Found Astro Fighter and Major Tom (Major Havoc) as EA 3 games.

Astro Fighter (EA 3) - Enter START when asked for program name
Major Tom (EA 3) - File Name=MAJOR-TOM Program Name=LOTS
I'm looking for others, but I'm having trouble finding them in EA format. It's quite possible no one ever converted them. We're still missing:
Alpiner
Angler Dangler (exists as XB Load)
Beyond Parsec
Beyond Space
Bigfoot
Championship Baseball
Demon Attack (prototype with different voice)
Fantasy
Hunt the Wumpus
Killer Caterpillar
King of the Castle
Munchman (prototype with Pac-Man style ghosts)
Munchmobile
Othello
Popeye
Red Baron Flight Simulator
Robotron 2084
Return to Pirates Isle
Schnoz Ola
Sewermania
Sneggit
Sorgan II
Space Bandits
Space Patrol
Star Runner
Starship Pegasus
Super Storm (was this ever made public?)
The Attack (prototype with different sounds)
Tile Breaker (same as Break Thru?)
Tris-II
Tunnels of Doom
Video Games I
Wing War

Tursi did a quick EA conversion for Robotron for me, but it crashes after a bit. not sure if that one is easily fixable or not (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210852-8k-supercart/?do=findComment&comment=2730522)

Game5.zip

Updated the missing list based on a re-examination of the rarity list. I'm not 100% all these roms have been made public or what format they're in.

I need to check my roms tonight. I may have a few of these on some menu carts, but my gut says they're XB.

Found Astro Fighter and Major Tom (Major Havoc) as EA 3 games.

Astro Fighter (EA 3) - Enter START when asked for program name
Major Tom (EA 3) - File Name=MAJOR-TOM Program Name=LOTS
I'm looking for others, but I'm having trouble finding them in EA format. It's quite possible no one ever converted them. We're still missing:
Alpiner
Beyond Parsec
Beyond Space
Bigfoot
Championship Baseball
Fantasy
Hunt the Wumpus
Killer Caterpillar
King of the Castle
Munchmobile
Othello
Popeye
Robotron 2084
Return to Pirates Isle
Schnoz Ola
Sewermania
Sneggit
Sorgan II
Space Bandits
Space Patrol
Star Runner
Starship Pegasus
Tris-II
Tunnels of Doom
Video Games I
Wing War

Tursi did a quick EA conversion for Robotron for me, but it crashes after a bit. not sure if that one is easily fixable or not (http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210852-8k-supercart/?do=findComment&comment=2730522)

Othello and Popeye are on Game Cart 3. Some of the others on this list I seem to remember as being bad dumps, if they didn't run from EA5 I moved on to the next one.

Gazoo

Here's 5 more games

Hustle

Superfly

Microsurgeon

Mind Challengers

Mission X

Should be the same EA5 files

If these are OK, We have many more.

Mind Challengers is on the Educational cart. I'll try the others and add them to the cart if they work.

Gazoo

Mind Challengers is on the Educational cart. I'll try the others and add them to the cart if they work.

Gazoo

OK sorry, I didn't have the educational cart.

Here are 10 more:

Killer Caterpillar

Space Bandits

Bigfoot

Sneggit

Schnoz Ola

Fireball

Newtons Revenge

Video Games 1

Cavern

Beyond Parsec

Fritz

Games Cart 5-2.zip

Games Cart 5-3.zip

Edited by Fritz442

Othello and Popeye are on Game Cart 3. Some of the others on this list I seem to remember as being bad dumps, if they didn't run from EA5 I moved on to the next one.

Gazoo

I thought so. I'll remove those. Thanks.

Alpiner

Beyond Space

Championship Baseball

Fantasy

Hunt the Wumpus

King of the Castle

Munchmobile

Robotron 2084

Return to Pirates Isle

Sewermania

Sorgan II

Space Patrol

Star Runner

Starship Pegasus

Tris-II

Tunnels of Doom

Wing War

OK sorry, I didn't have the educational cart.

Here are 10 more:

Killer Caterpillar

Space Bandits

Bigfoot

Sneggit

Schnoz Ola

Fireball

Newtons Revenge

Video Games 1

Cavern

Beyond Parsec

Fritz

That brings the cart up to 312k, assuming everything works.

Getting there!

Gazoo

I have a feasibility question regarding these new cartridges, but first my limited understanding or possible misconceptions:

First, I believe one can dump the image of any program in memory taken during any moment of the target programs execution. Right?

Second, I believe some of you like Gazoo, have the knowledge to then take the resulting image, perform some magic, and are then able to burn these programs onto a chip with other programs. (Like the Bert & Ernie XB easter egg in XB v2.7 S)

If all this is true, would it be possible to take an image of 4A/DOS right after it loads it's CHARA1 file, but right before it searches DSK1. for AUTO-BAT? After doing this, could the image then be burned onto a new chip along with other utilities?

If this was done, everyone would be able to use 4A/DOS without needing a Super Cart and the execution speed would be simply amazing as there would be no load time for the character set file, just an immediate search for the AUTO-BAT file.

I looked through my roms, I have some of the missing games but they're all XB Autoload files. :(

BTW has the rom for Fantasy every been released? I can't seem to find it anywhere, but this site has pictures and a video of it so it must be out there somewhere (http://www.videogamehouse.net/fantasy.html)

Also is the Star Wars that's on the previous game carts the Star Wars ESB prototype that's out there or is it something else?

I think I actually have a 4A DOS cartridge around here somewhere. . .it may have done just that. I'll have to pull it out and take a look. . .

If it works, this would be fantastic on a new Uber Cart. With the way the new cart can bypass the menu screen, one could immediately be in DOS as soon at the computer is turned on. What a time saver that would be! It would also open up all kinds of possibilities for unmanned operation, because after a power outage, it would be able to access the AUTO-BAT file and re-load everything without intervention.

If you wanted access to the menu one could just hold down the space bar while turning on the computer and then be dumped into the menu for other utilities like the E/A, DM2K, DSK2PC, etc. Heck, even a reset button built-into the cartridge would be awesome. I imagine a POWER USER'S cartridge could be the result with other additional utilities like Explorer, etc. Just an idea...

That brings the cart up to 312k, assuming everything works.

Getting there!

Gazoo

Just an FYI. If you're posting game files for the new game cart, don't bother adding the TIFILES header, I have to remove it anyway. Saves me a step.

Thanks.

Gazoo

Just an FYI. If you're posting game files for the new game cart, don't bother adding the TIFILES header, I have to remove it anyway. Saves me a step.

Thanks.

Gazoo

OK, I'm not adding anything.

Here's 10 more:

Sewermania

Astro Fighter

Wing War

Munchmobile

Angler Dangler

Munch-man(with TI corners)

Star Force

Star Fort