IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

On 7/21/2023 at 8:44 AM, retroclouds said:

My question is, if it’s possible and feasible to assign the right button click to FCTN-9.

That way you can navigate in menus on the TI-99/4a and revert back to the parent menu (as long as they use the FCTN-9 back standard). 

It should work now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, dhe said:

I've enabled access to my google drive.

What the steps for mapping disk?

image.thumb.png.a39ba285d1c3d260628b4a58298e3278.png

The mapping is fixed: GDR1 is mapped to Js99erDrives/GDR1 and likewise for GDR2 and GDR3. Try saving a little BASIC program and it will create the directory for you.

Note: the Disk tab has no relevance for Google drives, which are FIAD only.

Edited by Asmusr

13 minutes ago, dhe said:

Anyone able to walk me through setting up a super cart and ea disk 1?

@dhe Dan,

Go to the blue Software button, click and go to apps, click and find Supercart, and click. The cartridge is then loaded and JS99er will reset. Next go to the menu on the right where it says Log, Disk, etc and select the Disk number your using, then if your loading Ea from a disk on your hard drive, go down to the Load Disk button under the title screen and click, it will give you a window to browse to you disk, select it and you should see it load up under the Disk on the Right with the catalog of what is there. Next o to work. Is this what you needed? Hope it helped.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dhe said:

Would it be possible to map dskx to gdrx?

It's not possible now, but it's a interesting idea: instead of having dedicated Google drives there would be an option for each of DSK1, DSK2, and DSK3 to map it to a directory in your Google Drive.

However, I haven't decided what to do about the Google drive option. Google has been prompting me for years to update the authentication libraries, and I assume it will stop working at some point if I don't do anything. But I have little interest in this work, since I only use the Google drive option myself once in a while to check that it's still working 🙂. So it's more likely that the end result will be that I remove the Google drive option.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 1

Hi Rasmus. I've been testing out the TIPI emulation functionality with js99er, and I ran into a snag with my game Kroll & Prumni. It loads fine from a TIPI folder set as DSK1, but then hangs just after displaying the game field. The mouse does work at that point. Looking at the debugger, it seems to be stuck in a loop while attempting to load data from low memory. Obviously this does not happen under normal circumstances, and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is with js99er. I have attached the game folder for testing which should be set to DSK1 in TIPICFG and the game can be run via any XB (XB GEM preferred for faster loading) with RUN DSK1.KROLL if you have time to check out the issue.

I have to say that the TIPI integration is such an awesome feature! As an aside, is there a way to emulate a FinalGrom cart by any chance? It would be so cool if you could point the cart to a local folder which would contain the cart images one needs. 

KROLL.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dhe said:

@Asmusr

How about github interface?

The idea being you could go to day care with your laptop - pull down files to drives - work your code - push it back.

Get home - sit at pc open js99er pull code to drive, work on it, push code back.

Can't you do that already? I'm not sure what that has to do with js99er? 

When I first start js99er, the frame rate holds at 58 / 58FPS.  When I run a program that uses the F18A emulation, the framerate drops substantially.  My machine is an older core i7 (2017 era, Intel graphics) with 32GB RAM and Win10.  I've tried both FireFox and Edge with similar FPS results as shown in the screenshot.  I expect my hardware to be the problem but would like to confirm there isn't some performance trick or tip that I've missed. Thanks. 

image.png.f47d65e8c70d86ff306a20649ff04d5d.png

20 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

When I first start js99er, the frame rate holds at 58 / 58FPS.  When I run a program that uses the F18A emulation, the framerate drops substantially.  My machine is an older core i7 (2017 era, Intel graphics) with 32GB RAM and Win10.  I've tried both FireFox and Edge with similar FPS results as shown in the screenshot.  I expect my hardware to be the problem but would like to confirm there isn't some performance trick or tip that I've missed. Thanks. 

image.png.f47d65e8c70d86ff306a20649ff04d5d.png

The F18A emulation is more demanding than 9918A, and it's not using Web Assembly either. But both are running fine on my laptop, so I don't really notice. On my rather old phone the F18A emulation runs better in Firefox than in Chrome.

On 11/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, Vorticon said:

I have to say that the TIPI integration is such an awesome feature! As an aside, is there a way to emulate a FinalGrom cart by any chance? It would be so cool if you could point the cart to a local folder which would contain the cart images one needs. 

A web application cannot read from a local folder by itself, so to emulate the FinalGROM you would have to open a single file archive with all the cartridge files. Since you could just as well open the individual cartridge files as needed, it's difficult to see the benefit of the emulation.

23 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

older core i7 (2017 era, Intel graphics) with 32GB RAM and Win10

My Dell is same cpu with intel graphics and drops to 53 fps. There could be all sorts of contributing factors, like stuff running in the background, i for instance never have anti virus programs running which chew up cpu time.  

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, Vorticon said:

Hi Rasmus. I've been testing out the TIPI emulation functionality with js99er, and I ran into a snag with my game Kroll & Prumni. It loads fine from a TIPI folder set as DSK1, but then hangs just after displaying the game field. The mouse does work at that point. Looking at the debugger, it seems to be stuck in a loop while attempting to load data from low memory. Obviously this does not happen under normal circumstances, and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is with js99er. I have attached the game folder for testing which should be set to DSK1 in TIPICFG and the game can be run via any XB (XB GEM preferred for faster loading) with RUN DSK1.KROLL if you have time to check out the issue.

KROLL.zip 66.81 kB · 3 downloads

It appears to be cycling around in the TIPI DSR, but I don't know what it's doing there. The only thing that came out of my investigation is that I found a bug, so now it's at least possible to play your game in JS99er from ordinary disk with the fast TIPI mouse emulation, but if you select the full TIPI emulation it gets stuck no matter if you load from TIPI or normal disk. This indicates it has something to do with the mouse emulation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrospect said:

My Dell is same cpu with intel graphics and drops to 53 fps. There could be all sorts of contributing factors, like stuff running in the background, i for instance never have anti virus programs running which chew up cpu time.  

Thank you.  The overall PC utilization tops out at around 25% with Edge hitting 18-20%, so if doesn't feel like a machine utilization issue (although.. is this limited to one core?) and there may be some limiting factors once the F18A emulation comes into play.  I will poke around the add-ons and extensions and worst case, I'll update my list for Santa Claus. 

• Like 2