IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

9 hours ago, Retrospect said:

I'm not sure if "warning: sample rate is 96,000 not 48,000" in the log has anything to do with my troubles.

Yes it could. There is a note about it in the code: 🙂

if (this.sampleRate !== 0 && this.sampleRate !== 48000) {
    // TODO: Resample ZERO and ONE
    this.log.warn("Sample rate is " + this.sampleRate + ", not 48000.");
}

If you have any idea why the sample rate on your computer has changed, you could try to set it back. Otherwise you have to wait for my fix.

11 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

Otherwise you have to wait for my fix

I'll take this option.  Thanks in advance.  

Edit:  I'm not as daft as I think I am, I went into my advanced sound settings and found it to be set to 96,000hz. 

After testing a tape I've fixed my issue.  I had no idea about this until I googled 'why has my sample rate changed' , i still don't know what i did to change it but i put it back to 32-bit 48000hz and it's happy now.
image.thumb.png.a48dfc296274f76ce2037815c888ad81.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteveB said:

Isn't 16bit with 44.1khz the default sample rate? Like the Audio CD ?

Possibly?  I don't know.  I don't even know how or why it changed, so I never knew what setting it was on, I just picked one that JS99er seemed happy with.

4 hours ago, SteveB said:

Isn't 16bit with 44.1khz the default sample rate? Like the Audio CD ?

It depends upon your audio device.  Most of the time, Windows will default to the highest quality setting offered by the driver or what the driver says to use.  The highest quality setting on my laptop is 24-bit 192kHz, and the default is 24-bit 44kHz.

On 1/15/2024 at 7:04 AM, Retrospect said:

After testing a tape I've fixed my issue.  I had no idea about this until I googled 'why has my sample rate changed' , i still don't know what i did to change it but i put it back to 32-bit 48000hz and it's happy now.

I have deployed a fix in version 9.9.2. I'm not able to test it myself, since the control to change the sample rate is disabled on my machine. So I would appreciate if you could set the sample rate back to 96000 and try if the fix is working. I would expect saving sound to sound normal and the output to be a 96000 Hz wav file.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Asmusr said:

I have deployed a fix in version 9.9.2. I'm not able to test it myself, since the control to change the sample rate is disabled on my machine. So I would appreciate if you could set the sample rate back to 96000 and try if the fix is working. I would expect saving sound to sound normal and the output to be a 96000 Hz wav file.

Okay, I set it back to 96000 and it worked - JS99er recorded a Cassette, and was able to play it back and load it too.

👍

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to copy or otherwise output the BASIC or XB program in JS99er's memory as ASCII text? I see that you can paste a program written into ASCII text into the JS99er, but I couldn't find a way to copy it to the clipboard or therwise write it as ASCII to a file. Thanks for the trouble. 

1 hour ago, Cheung said:

sorry if this has been asked before, but is it possible to copy or otherwise output the BASIC or XB program in JS99er's memory as ASCII text? I see that you can paste a program written into ASCII text into the JS99er, but I couldn't find a way to copy it to the clipboard or therwise write it as ASCII to a file. Thanks for the trouble. 

Not directly, but you can save to disk, save the dsk file, open the dsk in TI99dir, and use F3 to view the file as text.

• Like 4