IGNORED

Js99'er

Asmusr

1 hour ago, pjduplooy said:

Hi Gary

On p19 of this thread, there is an explanation of how to get JS99er working on a local machine if you are so inclined.

Thanks I going to try that.

My mistake was using the wrong git I didn't notice there was a whole new design starting in 2018. Now I have to redo things with the newer git.

Then I got to make the changes I want for my own purposes to the emulator I need to match my own real iron hardware I been developing.

Besides running it locally, I want to when ready have it on my ti99ers domain as well. I got all that done with the older original JavaScript version, now just have to study the newer version and do it again with the updated git.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, pjduplooy said:

Hi Gary

On p19 of this thread, there is an explanation of how to get JS99er working on a local machine if you are so inclined.

i tried those steps, and also the ones as listed on the github, but i get the same errors on both my windows subsystem for linux desktop that running windows 11

and on my laptop running windows 10 using the node.js for windows directly. same problem. Hopefully, i can figure it out somehow.

image.thumb.png.e3ff643a64f4b567816bc6e7a98aa163.png

2024-05-21T19_59_27_541Z-debug-0.log 2024-05-21T19_59_27_541Z-eresolve-report.txt

Edited by Gary from OPA

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pjduplooy said:

In the source dir you have to run npm install --force

In the root dir you run ng build --configuration production

Ok. I will try that out tomorrow. And report back on how I made out with it finally running.

Is there a way not to use --force ? As it's not mentioned that it's needed. Is it because my angular is too new? Or is something else causing the error.

Edited by Gary from OPA

I tried to make my games playable on my website with JS99er, but failed to parameterize them in size and limiting functionality. If you succeed in this area, I would be interested in your results.

Gary, If you look at the output of npm install w ithout --force, it states that you can override with --force or --legacy-peer-deps, it seems to me that angular is way too new.  Maybe Rasmus can guide us what versions of node and angular he is using.

Another thing, every time after a new build after a git pull, I have to copy over extended_basic.rpk from the dist\assets\software folder to the dist\assets\carts folder.

2 hours ago, pjduplooy said:

Gary, If you look at the output of npm install w ithout --force, it states that you can override with --force or --legacy-peer-deps, it seems to me that angular is way too new.  Maybe Rasmus can guide us what versions of node and angular he is using.

Another thing, every time after a new build after a git pull, I have to copy over extended_basic.rpk from the dist\assets\software folder to the dist\assets\carts folder.

It's because I'm using Angular 16 together with Angular Material 14, because some components I'm using changed to the worse in Angular Material 15. Angular Material 14 is annotated as being dependent on Angular 14 or 15, but it works fine with 16, so just use --force. At some point I will have to address this.

The dependency on extended_basic.rpk in the carts folder is a mistake that I will fix.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Asmusr said:

It's because I'm using Angular 16 together with Angular Material 14, because some components I'm using changed to the worse in Angular Material 15. Angular Material 14 is annotated as being dependent on Angular 14 or 15, but it works fine with 16, so just use --force. At some point I will have to address this.

The dependency on extended_basic.rpk in the carts folder is a mistake that I will fix.

Many thanks for explaining it to me. Will try to finish setting it up today then using the --force option. Much appreciated your hard work and amazing updates to this emulator setup.

6 hours ago, SteveB said:

I tried to make my games playable on my website with JS99er, but failed to parameterize them in size and limiting functionality. If you succeed in this area, I would be interested in your results.

i might be able to help with this, what is your website? and what are your games? you just want only them to run and of course without the toolbar,debugger, and options to change things?

i should have time this weekend to help you out on this, by then I will be more familiar with this updated version, as i now got it running locally on both my windows subsystem for linux and regular windows as well.

6 hours ago, pjduplooy said:

Many thanks for your help, i finally got it at least installed and localhost serve version running, and even the web build version working locally, now i have to look at updated typescript source and look at some functions i want to change for my own development purposes, i got that working a bit with the old outdated javascript one, so it should not be too hard to mirror over the changes i want.

3 hours ago, Asmusr said:

many thanks for your replies, i was able to get it working locally finally, now i have to sit down at figure out a few out things.

57 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

i might be able to help with this, what is your website? and what are your games? you just want only them to run and of course without the toolbar,debugger, and options to change things?

Exactly, just the things needed to play the game, nicely embeded in the text or on it's own page with sound and speech enabled.

I just run a dry html site without any dynamic processing: https://lizardware.de/ExtParsec/index.html 

21 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Exactly, just the things needed to play the game, nicely embeded in the text or on it's own page with sound and speech enabled.

I just run a dry html site without any dynamic processing: https://lizardware.de/ExtParsec/index.html 

Did you try to follow the instructions for embedding into a website?

https://github.com/Rasmus-M/js99er-angular

• Like 1

Yes I did, and I got it working ... but still trouble with the sound, the screen-size and hiding some controls. Not yet the user-experience I had in mind. 

I will also have another fresh look at it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This works, thank you!

Is there an option to center the emulator canvas? Or at least have it not glued to the very left of the window? [I now put a <center> </center> around it .. works]

Furthermore the Arrow-Key Joystick emulation does not work on my Chrome, neither on my local built nor on your js99er.net:

image.thumb.png.cbe66167e1a06e729e0ac9f89dadf5d3.png

When I hit the arrow-keys very fast, I get an occasionally 4 resp. -4, but mostly 0. Any Ideas? 

Thank you

Steve

Edited by SteveB
solved <center>

11 hours ago, SteveB said:

Furthermore the Arrow-Key Joystick emulation does not work on my Chrome, neither on my local built nor on your js99er.net:

image.thumb.png.cbe66167e1a06e729e0ac9f89dadf5d3.png

When I hit the arrow-keys very fast, I get an occasionally 4 resp. -4, but mostly 0. Any Ideas? 

It works for me. Have you tried another browser?

2 hours ago, Asmusr said:

It works for me. Have you tried another browser?

It works for me also.  The only reason it wouldn't work is if the user accidentally didn't have the main TI screen " in focus " and would need to mouse-click it.  Otherwise it'll just scroll through the options at the side.  ;)

• Like 1

I installed a fresh, local Chromium 127.0.6504.0 without any plugins, but still, when I keep an arrow key pressed down:

image.thumb.png.0335629b3afd1bc46900f7fdf09afd3e.png

I tend to believe, this has something to do with my windows keyboard settings in Windows 11, but it severly limits the usefulness of the js99er emulator. But then again, when I enable "Map arrow keys to Fctn+SDEX", I have no issue with the keyboard buffer and calling CALL KEY(3,K,S):

image.thumb.png.4a6e840a854b2fcfe07d2abf4a420001.png

If everything else fails, I could include the Function-ESDX codes in my games, but I would prefer understanding, what happens and create a manual of what to do against it.

I had the same behaviour with Firefox 126 and Edge on my PC.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SteveB said:

I tend to believe, this has something to do with my windows keyboard settings in Windows 11, but it severly limits the usefulness of the js99er emulator. But then again, when I enable "Map arrow keys to Fctn+SDEX", I have no issue with the keyboard buffer and calling CALL KEY(3,K,S):

What does this show when you press the arrow keys?

keytest.html

PS: I just tested old.js99er.net works without a problem!

It is really strange, on another PC I have also no problem with the angular version, but I am pretty sure, that there may be more people affected than only me.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SteveB said:

It is really strange, on another PC I have also no problem with the angular version, but I am pretty sure, that there may be more people affected than only me.

I don't really have any suggestions, but does it happen with the "PC keyboard" option both on and off?