IGNORED

New 3DS & 3DS XL coming

Mendon

I expect one more round of orders for the Majora's Mask limited edition system and that'll be it.

I'm not overly surprised by the highly limited nature of the console. It wouldn't be the first time Nintendo's done that in recent years. What I'm more surprised about is that the Monster Hunter 4 system also appears to be very limited as well. I would have expected that to be a regular stock model for a while.

I ordered the New 3DS XL Majora,s Mask edition. I'm a lil dissapoint it come on pre-installed instead of a physical cart, especially since the system come with a 4go MicroSD...

Well I'll still like to play this game and enjoy my 3DS games. My early 3DS it a bit tired and the tiny buttons are annoying... Tho not as bad as the original DS ones.

I ordered the New 3DS XL Majora,s Mask edition. I'm a lil dissapoint it come on pre-installed instead of a physical cart, especially since the system come with a 4go MicroSD...

Well I'll still like to play this game and enjoy my 3DS games. My early 3DS it a bit tired and the tiny buttons are annoying... Tho not as bad as the original DS ones.

Does the Majora's Mask edition come with the game in Europe? It doesn't in North America.

I have a launch 3DS, so I think it's time for an upgrade. I'm going to get the Monster Hunter 4 limited edition. The new Zelda limited edition is already sold out. I haven't tried out the demo yet of Monster Hunter 4, but I read there are frame rate issues in multiplayer on a regular 3DS, but they aren't as bad with the extra power of the New 3DS. The New 3DS version of Xenobalde looks cool as well and that can only be played on the New 3DS.

I have a launch 3DS, so I think it's time for an upgrade. I'm going to get the Monster Hunter 4 limited edition. The new Zelda limited edition is already sold out. I haven't tried out the demo yet of Monster Hunter 4, but I read there are frame rate issues in multiplayer on a regular 3DS, but they aren't as bad with the extra power of the New 3DS. The New 3DS version of Xenobalde looks cool as well and that can only be played on the New 3DS.

Ya, this didn't happen for me. When I posted this, the Monster Hunter 4 edition was still available, but when I got to Gamestop after work, it was already sold out. There are thousands of Zelda and Monster Hunter limited editions on eBay though. The scalpers and Nintendo products are getting out of hand. It is almost like Nintendo is launching the limited editions of their products on eBay these days.

I guess I'll get a red one, unless there is another run of the limited editions.

Does the Majora's Mask edition come with the game in Europe? It doesn't in North America.

Yes, tho it come "pre installed"; that is, the bundle doesn't include a physical cart.

I guess I should be happy it come with the game :D

Well if it did'tn I wouldn't have bought the New 3DS XL, only Majora's Mask.

Edited by CatPix

Until the big N finally pull their heads out of their asses, and start tying your downloads and eShop history to your login credentials and not your console, just don't ever lose or break your system and your data will be fine, derp...

Yes, tho it come "pre installed"; that is, the bundle doesn't include a physical cart.

I guess I should be happy it come with the game :D

Well if it did'tn I wouldn't have bought the New 3DS XL, only Majora's Mask.

ARe you sure it comes with a code? The article I linked to doesn't mention anything about digital download codes being included.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/14/new-nintendo-3ds-zelda-majoras-mask-bundle-does-not-include-game-in-us/

Edited by stardust4ever

Until the big N finally pull their heads out of their asses, and start tying your downloads and eShop history to your login credentials and not your console, just don't ever lose or break your system and your data will be fine, derp...

ARe you sure it comes with a code? The article I linked to doesn't mention anything about digital download codes being included.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/14/new-nintendo-3ds-zelda-majoras-mask-bundle-does-not-include-game-in-us/

I didn't mentionned a code?

The game come pre-installed on the system, as far as the Nintendo site mention it.

• 3 weeks later...

This guy did a review on it:

http://www.gamesradar.com/new-3ds-review/

It's a click fest with some ads so here's a summary if you dont want to click the above link:

- The new XL weighs slightly less than the original XL.

- Battery life is the same as the older model.

- The new analog stick is a nub. Like those old laptops from the 90's. (WTF)

- The new shoulder buttons aren't much use yet and are positioned awful. They are next to the existing shoulder

buttons so the only way to press them is by holding the 3DS flat in both palms.

- It's faster...sort of.

- The screen is warmer (more orange) than the older models (which had more of a blue tone).

- The new XL has slightly richer colors because of the warmer look.

- Resolution is still low-res compared to an iPhone or Vita. The smaller 3DS has less pixelation and looks better.

- Stable 3D is great. No more moving around the screen to see 3D.

- Memory card slot is now MICRO-SD

Given how many youtube unboxing vids there has been of the 'new' 3ds XL, I feel like I'm the only one who has to wait for the 13th--why can't it be next friday yet? I'm pretty jazzed--bought 10 games, large stylus, headset, a couple chargers. I'm ready to go.

I can't wait to catch up on the old stuff too, like the 3d camera, play coins, and streetpassing. Especially the streetpassing. How does that work? Do I have to be *in* the game to streetpass it, or does 'having played the game' count enough? Also what kinds of ranges are we talking? I get the thing the friday before mardi gras, so there should be lots of walking and hopefully streetpassing to do. I can't be the only one who brings game systems to parades.

I went ahead and bought a New 3DS after stating I wouldn't get one...
I really enjoy it as an improved system, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had I not gotten it.

ANYWAYS! The better hardware is nice since all my icons load up almost instantly rather than the brief loading. (I've got like 30+ downloaded titles... Mostly virtual console.)
If anything was worth the improvement, the 3D aspect was. No longer do you freeze your head in one location and hope to not randomly fall out of it. T-T
Going to be awful fun for people at retail to explain the difference when the games that ONLY work for New 3DS come out...

Customer "So this is a new 3DS?"
Me "No, it's THE New 3DS."

I too wanted the new Zelda MM 3DS XL and was going to pre-order it before/on the 13th @ Best Buy, since I have a $300 gift card for there. However, every time i went to checkout, it game me an error message saying "access denied" on both mobile and on my PC.. couldn't even log in. :mad:

I kinda gave up on the MM bundle but I'd at least like a Black one.. even those are sold out.

Looks like i'll have to be patient and let the stock replenish but at least that gives me time to scoop up some games in the meantime. I've never had a 3DS before.. looking forward to it.

If you're looking for the red & black new 3DS;s.. nearly all Targets across the US got more stock of them yesterday. Walmarts (where I bought my red one) tend to have them too, except when I bought mine I had to find someone who "knew" that they were hidden behind the counter. Go figure. But whatever.. red & blacks will soon be all over the place. I'm still holding out hope that there are more MM to come in the months ahead, and am playing the game on my standard XL for now.

Edited by NE146