IGNORED

Mega Speedy, the ultimate 1050 upgrade. Intrest assesment.

guus.assmann

• 1 month later...

Hello Marco,

No updates.

But why would we need that?

It's all working fine.

Or are there any wishes for extra features.

Any bug reports at all?

BG/

Guus Assmann

Hello Guus,

No any problems at all.

Question how many MegaSpeedy are sold and are there some to buy?

Greetings Marco

• 1 month later...

Hello IndusGT

Hi who should I contact to inquire if any units left? Thanks

Wolfgang! His email address was mentioned here. I seem to have heard at this years Fujiama meeting that he has plenty left. Mention "Mega-Speedy" in the topic, it usually takes a coupe of days before Wolfgang responds.

Sincerely

Mathy

• 3 weeks later...

Did anyone ever get anywhere with the idea of adding a "bezel extension" to hold the display and switch? I know that Dropcheck had worked on (IIRC) a complete new front bezel with her 3D printer. And I believe there was discussion at ABBUC about some type of an add-on. R.I.P.?

-Larry

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi James,

ok, but what is his CURRENT address? So anyone can reach him.

The best way is to use the ABBUC website and the contact form. Go to http://www.abbuc.de/abbuc/kontakt (first switch to english language if you want, see upper right corner) and select "Wolfgang - 1st Chairman".

The @abbuc.de mail addresses are not very good to use, because a lot of mails coming from outside germany (but also within) will be detected as spam and sorted out. Also some other email provider bounces mails to that domain, because it´s something strange forwarding, whatever...

Jurgen

Edited by tf_hh

Now that I finally managed to install the Megaspeedy, I have a suggestion.

I have the printer cable for the 1050 turbo, so I also installed that, and it works in the 1050 Turbo mode.

It should be possible to combine the Megaspeedy mode with the printer code from 1050 Turbo. Does some feel like doing that?

When we're at it: Can somebody build a print converter, which receives the printer codes from, say, a 1027 and converts that to PCL?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there some software(firmware update's)? for it or is some atari user make special software let me now.

We currently do not know of any outstanding issues, so we haven't published any (bugfix-) updates. Not sure if someone else is working on something.

so long,

Hias

I have a buch of 1050´s and to me it looks like, that the Mega Speedy Upgrade runs fine, if the 1050 is fine. There were several issues on some 1050s which turned out to be issues of the 1050, not of Mega Speedy.

If you have trouble with the Mega Speedy, bring back your 1050 to stock condition and make sure it really runs fine. I think it is impossible for the developers to deal with little glitches, that come from the 1050 itself.

I could only do try and error. Something like tfhh´s SysCheck for 1050s would be a great help.