IGNORED

ATARI 2600 VCS INCREDIBLE HULK PARKER BROTHERS SEALED

airgames

A guy got a "sealed" Hulk reproduction box without cartridge inside, he thought it was real and that people here was trying to discourage him.

Finally he realized it and posted apologies.

He also uses Google Translate to communicate, so that's why his posts can sound kind of aluminum meat loaf.

• Like 5

The one thing that hasn't been said yet (and I thought everything had) is that we're going to start finding more and more instances of homemade boxes, homebrew games, and collector's edition con releases in thrift stores. [...] These things have value to us in the community, but when people go bankrupt and liquidate their collection, or they (unfortunately) pass away and a relative or loved one sells it all off, they can't tell a $25-$50 homebrew from a regular Atari game - because in fact for nostalgia purposes we want everything to look like it did back then. Old style carts, old style boxes, hmmm this must be another of his old games. Sell it!

Well, I for one am looking forward to this happening -- it makes the games available to a much broader audience. After his death, most of Grandfather'srecord collection went to a local thrift shop. This included titles originally purchased through mail-order and at concerts that were never previously available for retail sale.

• Like 1

Tempest, his eyes open.

Trek reference. Nicely done, Tempest.

I have enjoyed this thread. Airgames, this is a community with a wonderfully irreverent sense of humor (as it should be). Try not to take it seriously. And thanks for sharing. Welcome aboard!

• Like 3

and in the end everything went well.
If I walked into your sympathy this for me and a great honor! ;)
to become part of the community atariage for me means a lot !! :thumbsup:
I enjoyed it.
shame that the game hulk was a false otherwise we will be much more fun '.
but what do you think of the new photos under the lights?
sorry again for my English.

Not to be rude, but I just have to mention that someone set up us the bomb, move every zig, and quite frankly all your base are belong to us. Main screen turn on.

And all that's done, I also agree with those who said that $20ish for a nice repro box is not half bad, so nobody really got ripped off.

• Like 5

Not to be rude, but I just have to mention that someone set up us the bomb, move every zig, and quite frankly all your base are belong to us. Main screen turn on.

There's nothing quite like an epic AA thread at the holidays! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Abbiamo molti genti qui chi parlano italiano. Sono sorpreso che nessuno ha offerto di aiutare con una traduzione...?

(L'ho fatto senza Google Translate, allora perdona me per ogni sbagliati)

E anche: benvenuto al Atariage. Lasciate ogni speranza...!!

Mi chiedo chi ha fatto questo "repro scatola"? Evidentemente qualcuno ha prestato molto attenzione ai dettagli...

I see some italian magazines on your wall, airgames...

I have some, too...

My%2520VGJ%2520collection%2520%25282014%

;)

Unfortunately I miss several numbers ... if I think I had bought them ALL at the time (1983 to 1986) since the No. 2, I want to throw punches to anything (or even anyone... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ).

It's since the 1995 I haven't EVER trusted local retailers ( with some exceptions... our community is now very large, we all know ourselves and we use to trade our items or at least with few moneys, but sometimes it happens that someone "appears from the clouds" and claims to be a collector / have *supposed* holy grails... ) , preferring to turn my eyes to other countries' market(s).
Here in Italy there are still many who believe they have found gold in the attic and then they try to sell it "in such shape"...
Just look on eBay now and search for "Exocet" (thanks to Dan for the tip ;) ! I've tried to communicate with that guy in the past, but it seems to be a real moron !).
Eventually, airgames, please give us some more info about Hulk's seller, so if he'll really appear on eBay we already know that we have to avoid it, at least ;) :skull: !
Edited by macdlsa