IGNORED

ATARI 2600 VCS INCREDIBLE HULK PARKER BROTHERS SEALED

airgames

There is no right or wrong regarding fall or autumn. Depends on what your country's language tells you to use. Depends on what you grew up hearing.

I know, it's my ex-wife who always got pissed off seeing US spelling or writing. To her, she's British, the Americans strangled her language, fall, sidewalk, trunk etc, words like colour (US: color), theatre (US: theater)

and now the Americans leave out an 'l' in words like 'cancelled', that really gets up her goat. She hates how the Americans destroyed the British language.

Edited by high voltage

She hates how the Americans destroyed the British language.

Similar happens to any language. In German we have a lot of English influence now, even the grammar is changed.

E.g. the so called Deppenapostroph (dork's apostrophe) where ignorant people started to put apostrophes before any kind of "s" (and even randomly somewhere else), because they saw so in English restaurant names. Now even English terms are butchered by them ("Wellness Drink's"). :)

Since you cannot stop it (idiots everywhere), you have to get used to it.

To her, she's British, the Americans strangled her language . . .

I fink Yanks should be beaten to deaf or choked until they can't breve. :D

Before some wild-eyed holier-than-thou assclown jumps in, this post does not promote violence or murder. It was only created so certain words could be used in the same sentence. Read this post at your own risk. If you believe this post caused you to become violent or murdery, please seek professional help. You shouldn't be allowed to read things.

• Like 2

Similar happens to any language. In German we have a lot of English influence now, even the grammar is changed.

E.g. the so called Deppenapostroph (dork's apostrophe) where ignorant people started to put apostrophes before any kind of "s" (and even randomly somewhere else), because they saw so in English restaurant names. Now even English terms are butchered by them ("Wellness Drink's"). :)

Since you cannot stop it (idiots everywhere), you have to get used to it.

And to think English language came from Germany in the first place: English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England.

We started the terror.

I hate when I go through town in Germany seeing all these shops trying to anglicize their shop windows. This would never happen in France.

I went through town (Koblenz) with my Russian co-worker, and asked her to read the English words. Of course, she reads them as she sees them written, made me laugh though.

Especially the words starting with th, eg the, for her it's te.

Edited by high voltage

I sometimes use theatre and centre sometimes myself sometimes. I also think "colour" was used here in the states in the early 1970's. Specifically referring to colour TV. Anybody recall that?

I am watching a lot of old American films (US: movies), and yes, way back in the B&W days, America used 'proper' spelling.

I fink Yanks should be beaten to deaf or choked until they can't breve. :D

Before some wild-eyed holier-than-thou assclown jumps in, this post does not promote violence or murder. It was only created so certain words could be used in the same sentence. Read this post at your own risk. If you believe this post caused you to become violent or murdery, please seek professional help. You shouldn't be allowed to read things.

I always teased her speaking 'american', drove her nuts, maybe that's why she divorced me.