IGNORED

Flashback Overlays: Intellivision Productions & Psycho Stormtrooper

JasonlikesINTV

There are definitely problems with the first orders. They had sent me confirmation to ship me a flashback unit though I only ordered overlays. I corrected them and now I got nothing.

No good deed goes unpunished.

I should have just let him send me the flashback. I've been waiting since Dec 1st and still no overlays. WTF!

You know, if it were me, I rather spend whatever life I have left packaging and shipping the overlay orders that have already been delayed for much too long. That, rather than burn a few hours each day rummaging through hundreds of e-mails all saying the same thing: "where's my order?"

You know, a day spent cleaning up my inbox is another day the overlays are not shipped, and another round of e-mails from Eric and the rest of the peanut gallery.

I'm sure Mr. Robinson felt the same way.

-dZ.

I bet you wouldn't even spend the time making sure every shipment is shipped in exactly the same order they came in, just like *chuckle* every other business always does.

Heathen.

I bet you wouldn't even spend the time making sure every shipment is shipped in exactly the same order they came in, just like *chuckle* every other business always does.

Heathen.

Probably not. But I tell you that I would definitely start making up lists of random people to piss off, just for kicks, and turn my livelihood into a personal vendetta against random strangers. That's just what every decent mom-and-pop business does. There's no other possible way to conduct commerce in the Internet. :roll:

Guys, I appreciate the witty banter and all, but it's less amusing from the perspective of someone who waited over a year to get a previous order from Intellivision Productions, with zero communication during that entire window of time. I have never, I say never*, encountered such bad customer service in almost two decades of online purchases -- even people who've tried to rip me off have at least replied to emails.

Because of this, I'm 0% inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. There's something dysfunctional over there, and while I won't claim to know what it is, it's irritating to see people defend them out of brand loyalty, hopes of currying Keith's favor, or whatever's motivating this wagon-circling behavior.

*(cue Foghorn Leghorn voice)

• Like 3

There's something dysfunctional over there, and while I won't claim to know what it is, it's irritating to see people defend them out of brand loyalty, hopes of currying Keith's favor, or whatever's motivating this wagon-circling behavior.

Really? Could it be that most people here have had good experiences and that the vociferous cries of murder from the vocal few seem out of proportion?

But this is the Interwebz after all, where every little trivial thing is a world shattering event. :roll:

-dZ.

Really? Could it be that most people here have had good experiences and that the vociferous cries of murder from the vocal few seem out of proportion?

But this is the Interwebz after all, where every little trivial thing is a world shattering event. :roll:

If you reread past threads about dealings with Intellivision Productions, there's a fairly reliable pattern of irregular behavior. Sometimes folks get their stuff on time, sometimes they don't; sometimes IP is responsive, sometimes they go weeks or months without any communication.

No one's claiming that not getting one's overlays on time is a world-shattering event, but it sure seems like some of you are absolutely hell-bent on painting a picture where negative experiences are purely anecdotal, and positive ones are the norm.

I think it's awesome that they're releasing these overlays. I also know that I simply can't trust a business that would take a customer's payment info, ignore them completely for a year, and then ship with no notification and no apology. (And frankly, these weren't even items I especially wanted -- they had a fire in one location, so I thought I'd help them out.)

I doubt you would trust them either, had you had that experience.

• Like 2

Eh, I got emails that two more packs are being shipped to me, which I didn't even order!

Those may be two of the four I ordered, of which I have none.I do know my order was confused with others on day 1 and then my Wife re-ordered. It is actually enjoyable watching the process develope!

Overall, it appears things are going in the right direction as most people's orders seem to be showing up now. ;-)

You know, if it were me, I rather spend whatever life I have left packaging and shipping the overlay orders that have already been delayed for much too long. That, rather than burn a few hours each day rummaging through hundreds of e-mails all saying the same thing: "where's my order?"

You know, a day spent cleaning up my inbox is another day the overlays are not shipped, and another round of e-mails from Eric and the rest of the peanut gallery.

I'm sure Mr. Robinson felt the same way.

-dZ.

Well, if Issues 2 and 3 had been done also, then that would have trumped Issue 1, I never would have e-mailed, and I'd have my order already and been kept informed of the status and situation the whole time instead of being in the dark, which gets us back to issue 1, doesn't it?

If you reread past threads about dealings with Intellivision Productions, there's a fairly reliable pattern of irregular behavior. Sometimes folks get their stuff on time, sometimes they don't; sometimes IP is responsive, sometimes they go weeks or months without any communication.

No one's claiming that not getting one's overlays on time is a world-shattering event, but it sure seems like some of you are absolutely hell-bent on painting a picture where negative experiences are purely anecdotal, and positive ones are the norm.

I think it's awesome that they're releasing these overlays. I also know that I simply can't trust a business that would take a customer's payment info, ignore them completely for a year, and then ship with no notification and no apology. (And frankly, these weren't even items I especially wanted -- they had a fire in one location, so I thought I'd help them out.)

I doubt you would trust them either, had you had that experience.

If I didn't trust them (which, in my opinion requires a very, VERY low threshold of trust to order a $15.00 overlay set), I would just not order from them. I wouldn't take to the Interwebz to rally the crowds to join me in bitching about how evil they are or to garner pats on the back and appreciation of my pain.

-dZ.

Well, I also wrote them some years ago to bye Intellivision Rocks (I think it was the PC Collection?) and also never and an answer :) But I asked before I placed a order, because I hadnt a credit card and I wanted to pay with PayPal, I think it wasnt possible back then, or at least I was too stupid to find it.

To be honest, you sound like Eric, just with different words ;)

If I didn't trust them (which, in my opinion requires a very, VERY low threshold of trust to order a $15.00 overlay set), I would just not order from them. I wouldn't take to the Interwebz to rally the crowds to join me in bitching about how evil they are or to garner pats on the back and appreciation of my pain.

Not trying to "rally the crowds" or get "pats on the back" (though thanks for that bit of smarmy condescension -- very classy stuff!), but simply reporting my experience, and offering up some evidence that contradicts those who are forcefully and repeatedly insisting that everything's hunky-dory and any negative experiences are a disgruntled fiction.

I have no horse in this race, and really do wish IP and Keith well. Hell, I'm one of the few who have played Keith's Genesis game (Normy's Beach Babe-O-Rama) to the end. And posts about how Keith is "as crooked of a businessman as they come" are obviously silly; not sure what Eric7100 was smoking with that one.

But for whatever reason, their customer service is sometimes atrocious -- unanswered emails, packages sent a year after the order with no explanation, and other errors as seen in this thread -- and that's been going on for years. It's a mistake to excuse that because "it's just video games" or "just $15.00". Business is business, and money is money.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, as is anyone (as long as expressing it doesn't lead to an ethical conflict of interest, e.g. if someone had a pending business contract with IP). But the rest of us are entitled to ours; this isn't the Intellivision Productions Cheerleading forum. It's perfectly possible to applaud them for making the overlays available, and criticize them for sometimes falling down on the job with customer service.

• Like 3

Not trying to "rally the crowds" or get "pats on the back" (though thanks for that bit of smarmy condescension -- very classy stuff!), but simply reporting my experience, and offering up some evidence that contradicts those who are forcefully and repeatedly insisting that everything's hunky-dory and any negative experiences are a disgruntled fiction.

I have no horse in this race, and really do wish IP and Keith well. Hell, I'm one of the few who have played Keith's Genesis game (Normy's Beach Babe-O-Rama) to the end. And posts about how Keith is "as crooked of a businessman as they come" are obviously silly; not sure what Eric7100 was smoking with that one.

But for whatever reason, their customer service is sometimes atrocious -- unanswered emails, packages sent a year after the order with no explanation, and other errors as seen in this thread -- and that's been going on for years. It's a mistake to excuse that because "it's just video games" or "just $15.00". Business is business, and money is money.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, as is anyone (as long as expressing it doesn't lead to an ethical conflict of interest, e.g. if someone had a pending business contract with IP). But the rest of us are entitled to ours; this isn't the Intellivision Productions Cheerleading forum. It's perfectly possible to applaud them for making the overlays available, and criticize them for sometimes falling down on the job with customer service.

Go back and read the thread, really, pay attention. I haven't said that everything is honky dory, and I haven't said that Intellivision Productions have great customer service. I only point out how stupid--and it is stupid--that people post here daily to complain about such trivial matters, and then blow everything out of proportion and accuse Intellivision Productions of some personal vendetta.

Really, my messages are directed to specific actors here--that should be pretty obvious--but if someone takes offense at one of my posts ridiculing the entire situation, well, what can I say? This is so absurd.

Random poster #1: "Keith is evil!!! The only way to get your overlays is to accuse him of fraud with your credit card company! All I want is for him to respond to me!!! MEEEEE!!! I DEMAND TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED!!!!"

Me: "Wow, get a life, it's just $15.00. It's a small operation, just give it a chance, or reverse your charges and be done with it. Why announce daily how hurt you are that you never got a response? :roll: "

Random poster #2: "How can you say that everything is perfect? How dare you defend Keith??! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: "

Me: "WTF?? :-o "

In a twist of fate...I got a message from Keith/Emily from Intv Prod!!!!!!!!

I had started a Paypal dispute for my 10 sets I bought. So, I just canceled my dispute based on good faith they will send. Im sure they will.

Just checked my Paypal and got this message:

From Seller - Intellivision Productions, Inc.

2/12/2015 16:33 PST

These are going out first thing tomorrow (we just packaged them up). Please look for an email with tracking number shortly. Very sorry for the delay and thank you so much for your order! Will you be reselling these? (just curious)

(I responded of course, that I wont be reselling them. Im a hoarder!)

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 4