IGNORED

How has this not been posted yet? Retro VGS

racerx

Actually, I wish Scott's post had been "inciteful" because the post is pretty damning. I think it got overlooked in the flurry of discussion on here.

I don't get waiting until the campaign ends, everyone agrees it is over including the RVGS team. It's just live on a technicality. If you guys wait another month you run into the danger of reporting on outdated info by then. I know it's a remote chance but Mike has teased on their facebook page that they're currently working on a prototype (for whatever that's worth).

Also, is the episode going to touch on the origin of the device back when Scott was involved or is it just the regular post-campaign "why they failed, what they should have done, things they need to do in the next campaign" type of show? If it airs only after the campaign is officially done, it would seem strangely out of place since so many people covered the same thing almost two months prior. But that's just my opinion, it's not my podcast.

Edited by StopDrop&Retro
  • Like 6

Agreed. I have been hanging out to here this. They have an active audience who want to hear the content. The longer they leave this, the greater likelihood of that audience reducing

3rded. I would be interested to hear their post-campaign show sooner then later, (if they are bringing some degree of insider perspective as the previous posts indicated)

For such a small gamebase the amount of dogs in the Jag library is truly embarrassing, no matter whose fault that was.

Kinda off topic but I bet if the 6 button controllers where reprinted that would be a profitable venture.

I wonder where the molds for those ended up?

Well look at the bright side of things. At least we got clear Jaguar cases out it.

Be careful what you wish for...

http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/15/10/19/0235216/new-plastic-for-old-amigas-and-commodores

Several years ago, Slashdot reported that the Amiga community had developed a way to restore old, yellowed ABS plastic to like-new condition, and they put the recipe for the gel, dubbed Retr0bright, into the public domain. Since then, it was discovered that the effect of the gel is only temporary, and plastic treated with the gel soon reverts to its original yellowed state even when efforts are made to block it from additional UV light.

Now, Amiga enthusiast Philippe Lang has created a new Kickstarter campaign to design and build new, improved molds for Amiga 1200 housings and do a licensed production run using anti-UV ASA plastic in the original color plus black, transparent, and 9 other colors. His team is also investigating the feasibility of producing new Amiga 1200 keyboards if this campaign succeeds. This follows a successful production run by Commodore 64 enthusiasts of new C64c housings using the original injection molds and new C64 motherboards designed to modern standards and production methods. And a new Amiga 1200 clone motherboard is also in the works.

OH GOD THE CYCLE IS REPEATING!!!! :mad: :? :-D

Actually, I wish Scott's post had been "inciteful" because the post is pretty damning. I think it got overlooked in the flurry of discussion on here.

I don't get waiting until the campaign ends, everyone agrees it is over including the RVGS team. It's just live on a technicality. If you guys wait another month you run into the danger of reporting on outdated info by then. I know it's a remote chance but Mike has teased on their facebook page that they're currently working on a prototype (for whatever that's worth).

Also, is the episode going to touch on the origin of the device back when Scott was involved or is it just the regular post-campaign "why they failed, what they should have done, things they need to do in the next campaign" type of show? If it airs only after the campaign is officially done, it would seem strangely out of place since so many people covered the same thing almost two months prior. But that's just my opinion, it's not my podcast.

I agree. Relevance is going towards zero. Triverse sort of had the same problem with the interview. This is/was the time for 'specials' - not waiting a month :)

All in good fun.

/Nicholas

• Like 1

RetroVGS IndieGoGo campaign is like a camp fire that has died down into a bed of slowly dying embers that refuse to snuff out...

Down to $29,000 if anyone is keeping tabs...

http://crowdcharts.com/campaign/retro-vgs

Somebody please take this dog out into the pasture and shoot it already...

Edited by stardust4ever

Just imagine how many potential (later) customers are seeing that and getting turned off. And look! Indiegogo is using that $29,000 for a short term investment. That's just another revenue stream at the expense of a failed project that needs to reboot. They're no flunkies, the people leaving their money there are! Go Go Indiegogo! Making money either way.

Quote "Several years ago, Slashdot reported that the Amiga community had developed a way to restore old, yellowed ABS plastic to like-new condition, and they put the recipe for the gel, dubbed Retr0bright, into the public domain. Since then, it was discovered that the effect of the gel is only temporary, and plastic treated with the gel soon reverts to its original yellowed state even when efforts are made to block it from additional UV light."

Yup. That's that formula, whatever it is, whatever it does.. Those Bromides keep surfacing! I thought it might be short lived. The formula I got going is now in its 3rd year of testing on a couple of Apple II and peripheral cases. No reverting, no color change, AND with moderate nominal exposure to UV light and occasional fluorescent and incandescent light experienced in daily usage. Partly sunny room too. This is real world testing.

Made from stuff you can get at Home Depot and Walgreens. Cheap too. Does not need special lighting to activate it, no goopy goo, rinses off in plain water. And not sensitive to mottling because you put too much in one area and not enough in another. Chances are you have some of it at home already. Disadvantage is that it takes 3-4 days to do its job and requires one or two additional re-applications.

Before I publish the formula I want to be able to honestly & truthfully say the treatment went the distance and lasted 5 years. Hey! Who knows? Tomorrow the cases could spontaneously turn black.

• Like 1

RetroVGS IndieGoGo campaign is like a camp fire that has died down into a bed of slowly dying embers that refuse to snuff out...

Why the hell wouldn't you pull your money out at this point? Don't you want YOUR MONEY back? Very odd.

Quote "Several years ago, Slashdot reported that the Amiga community had developed a way to restore old, yellowed ABS plastic to like-new condition, and they put the recipe for the gel, dubbed Retr0bright, into the public domain. Since then, it was discovered that the effect of the gel is only temporary, and plastic treated with the gel soon reverts to its original yellowed state even when efforts are made to block it from additional UV light."

Yup. That's that formula, whatever it is, whatever it does.. Those Bromides keep surfacing! I thought it might be short lived. The formula I got going is now in its 3rd year of testing on a couple of Apple II and peripheral cases. No reverting, no color change, AND with moderate nominal exposure to UV light and occasional fluorescent and incandescent light experienced in daily usage. Partly sunny room too. This is real world testing.

Made from stuff you can get at Home Depot and Walgreens. Cheap too. Does not need special lighting to activate it, no goopy goo, rinses off in plain water. And not sensitive to mottling because you put too much in one area and not enough in another. Chances are you have some of it at home already. Disadvantage is that it takes 3-4 days to do its job and requires one or two additional re-applications.

Before I publish the formula I want to be able to honestly & truthfully say the treatment went the distance and lasted 5 years. Hey! Who knows? Tomorrow the cases could spontaneously turn black.

Can't wait to find out. There's a PCE modder that uses 40 vol hair cream from Sally's Beauty Supply, it seems to work well, but I think it does the same thing as retr0bright and is subject to "wearing off."

they already announced the indiegogo campaign is dead and are reworking on working proto for kickstarter,they are trying to close the indiegogo campaign but I don't think its happening.

I took my 10.00 out already.

they already announced the indiegogo campaign is dead and are reworking on working proto for kickstarter,they are trying to close the indiegogo campaign but I don't think its happening.

I took my 10.00 out already.

I'll be that one guy left throwing his $10 in the pot so they can't close it early... :evil:

one has to wonder why they're allowed to make interest off of failed campaigns... you'd think that'd be against ftc or something.

How so? They're holding the money, as long as they refund donators properly, there's no law broken. You realize that's basically how banks make money, right?

The Problem here is that the campaign was flawed. In theory the campaign should be good. It should be something that makes sense. The policy isn't bad. You can't possibly put a Project up asking for donations, and after you got a bunch of Money you just say: You know what, this idea is kinda stupid to begin with. We're pulling the plug.

I think some People are actually taling lightly how unprofessional this was. But then again, the Project was perfect right? People were just trolling them to be dicks..

How dare Mike come saying: "we'll cut the Price and leave all the important Features in"

How could you possibly not have done that in the first place? You mean you were making People pay extra 150 bucks for useless crap? what?

Not to mention the "it's impossible to make a prototype" Claim that switched to "we're going to make a prototype" in just 2 weeks. Am I crazy for thinking this is unacceptable?

• Like 2