IGNORED

AtariAge Booth at Classic Game Fest!

Albert

We did what Activision don't!

Let the sprite multiplexer go for it at the top.

The player you control is Player0, all the other objects are Player1.

You can't show how it looks -- it doesn't record well; You really have to play it on a CRT or Stella w/ phosphor on.

Yes, I know the havoc that comes from recording these old Systems, and I didn't mean to sound like I was demeaning your Dk game! I was trying to act dumb and not notice the other game. :)

Yes, for a good portion of the day Saturday and part of Sunday the game was running in black & white. I do not know why -- I suspect it may have been the television not liking the NTSC signal produced by the game, for some reason...Al

There is a black & white game option. Odds are someone selected it.

Yes, for a good portion of the day Saturday and part of Sunday the game was running in black & white. I do not know why -- I suspect it may have been the television not liking the NTSC signal produced by the game, for some reason.

..Al

Select switch cycles NTSC, PAL, Black and White.

(I insisted there be a selection for B&W to stay true to the original B&W vectors and transparent color overlay. I am crazy enough to make a color overlay for my 14 inch TV.)

Turning the console off then back on would have reset the settings also.

Yeah, turning the system on and off was one of the first things I tried. Trying the cart on another system was another. This is probably the first game to actually store such a setting in the cart itself, and it didn't dawn on me that it might have been doing that. I would have looked at the game manual if I had one at the show. :D

..Al

You could have asked me. :)

True. It was such a bizarre issue I had never encountered before--especially since the AtariAge logo always came up in color. But the show was pretty hectic, so it wasn't a horribly important issue, just a really weird one. :D Now I now, and it's something I should have already known!!

..Al

LOL on the B&W Star Castle colors. I mostly played in B&W on my Harmony, though I have tried all the settings. Even the false colors from PAL60 mode don't look that bad.

Funny thing with Atari games. Most people have no clue the purpose of the Select/Reset and difficulty switches so they just leave them alone. I am partly guilty of this myself when pulling random games off my shelf. Some games had 50, 60+ variations, all things considered, but #1 is the version that always gets played. When you were a kid in the 80s with who only had a half dozen games and unlimited free time, you tried them all. Nowadays if a game acts weird, you just assume "this game sucks" and plug another cart without taking the time to learn it. Easy to do when you have 100+ loose game carts sitting on the shelf with no manuals. Derp.

Probably considering Star Castle uses Melody saves and actually remembers the initials, you are fortunate the first kid to get a high score didn't input ASS or FUK as the initials, then watch the grid with up it as better players top the charts! :dunce:

Very cool.

One day you should show up with something like RAM Pong. I wonder how people would look like, if there is no cart in the console. :)

I've been meaning to try this with my Harmony. Never got around to it... :) Edited by stardust4ever

Probably considering the game actually remembers the initials, you are fortunate the first kid to get a high score didn't input ASS or FUK as the initials, then fill up the grid with it as better players top the charts.

Al could check the cart and report back. :)

Of course this feature is meant for playing alone at home.

I've been meaning to try this with my Harmony. Never got around to it... :)

What are you waiting for?

Al could check the cart and report back. :)

I was using an older version of the game, which I don't believe stores the high scores. I also used a Melody board instead of an MLL board for the demo cart. I did just fire up the cart, and the high score table was empty.

..Al

I was using an older version of the game, which I don't believe stores the high scores. I also used a Melody board instead of an MLL board for the demo cart. I did just fire up the cart, and the high score table was empty.

Hm, then I wonder how it stored the B/W settings. :ponder:

Here's a nice recap video posted by Classic Game Fest:

Absolutely smashing, with several shots of your exquisite AtariAge setup, and a bigger crowd than I'd imagned! Please tell, what were they playing on those older (original) CRT-based iMacs? Those look like the original iMac, and they're still gaming on 'em???

I hope circumstances will allow me to attend and/or participate in this kind of thing, one day. :(

Absolutely smashing, with several shots of your exquisite AtariAge setup, and a bigger crowd than I'd imagned! Please tell, what were they playing on those older (original) CRT-based iMacs? Those look like the original iMac, and they're still gaming on 'em???

They had tournaments for Duke Nukem 3D and Marathon, and were right next to us. :)

..Al

Just wondering when the new games will be added to the store. I know Al's busy and these things take time. Allowing subscribers earlier access to purchase games would be nice ;)

See below.

Several games will hit the store around the middle of August. Several more will be released at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in October (including Star Castle Arcade, as Thomas mentioned above). Games released in Portland will be available in the online store after the show.

..Al