IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

Which is interesting because you are the best box collector of all of us here! :)

I've never said I'm not as foolish as the most foolish. :-) There was no way a box and overlay's could have been done is such a short time frame. Truth be told Piggy was much better than even I thought we would end up with. The evil part of me want's to just keep releasing games that way. It does lower cost for purchace and lower the bull$hit of printing and being beaten by the grammer police. LOL

• Like 1

I'll tell you my view, it may be different from others. The reason I don't wish to re-release Christmas Carol is that, in order to do so, it would cause a new "variant" to exist, leading to a new artificial pricing scheme.

I do not wish to promote nor condone that sort of behaviour in the community.

300 units were made and sold, and I think that tops the actual demand for those who want to play the game.

I give away the ROM for free to anybody who wants to play the game, so there is no reason to make more cartridges. Besides, the game ran its course and I rather work on new titles.

dZ.

I appreciate that. I think there might be a solution. The solution is more variants. Have more and more Intellivision collectibles until this behaviour is broken. Free rom files works too.

• Like 3

I do like this comment, but there was another thing I have to mention.

William Moeller paid $2,000. dollars to GroovyBee to program Hovver Bovver which never happened.

Thus he sold the half-cut version to recoup the losses as the boxes,overlays and instructions were already paid for as well.

He was going to be out a lot of money, pretty much putting him out of the Intellivisioin game making process.

Fortunately, he got some money out of a bad situation and soon we will have Miner 2049er and Defender of the Crown. Dale W.

But whatever drama transpired between those two is inconsequential to the community and customers shouldn't care. Without that half-cut, I submit that Miner 2049 and Defender of the Crown would still be made, because there's money in doing so.

-dZ.

but if all game components of the new run are identical to those of the previous one nobody will consider it as a variant.

Not even me :lol:

That is true. Unfortunately that is not possible because most of the components are either owned or held by others, or out of stock; which means re-productions, which means variant.

-dZ.

It's "grammar." By the way, you spelt "nazi" wrong. :lol:

Actually, it was spelled correctly originally. He was referring to people who force developers to move data from System RAM to the Graphics RAM. As an example sentence: "The data would have been easily accessible if it wasn't for the GRAMmer police."

Actually, it was spelled correctly originally. He was referring to people who force developers to move data from System RAM to the Graphics RAM. As an example sentence: "The data would have been easily accessible if it wasn't for the GRAMmer police."

LOL!

All right, I am out I will be the first intellivision collector with every game in a box to stop here.

Thanks for solving my completionist problem for me! :thumbsup:

Don't be like that.

If it is so important to have it in a box when you get it just put it in a old shoe box! (and you then have a variant as everyone will then want the same shoe box you use)

Problem solved wolfy. :thumbsup:

Edited by Utopia
  • Like 1

Wow,that is the most insincere comment ever posted here i believe.

And where have you been anyway? I was happy when you were gone. Now that is an honest comment! :P

Awww you know that's not true. You love following me around and rebutting anything that I say, and you missed that. :P