1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I didn't even think they were listening. But it's obvious with several of these that Kevtris and perhaps others with Analogue were paying attention to our complaints.

Two of the fixes cover problems that to the best of my knowledge I discovered. One of which I only ever complained about in this thread. So if you see this, Kevtris, thanks for this round of firmware updates.

I didn't think Analogue was listening to their customers. It's nice to see that wasn't the case after all.

• Like 6

I went looking for jailbroken versions for the Mega Sg and Super Nt just now on the usual SmokeMonster Github that has hosted previous firmware revisions, but had no luck. Hopefully they'll be popping up sometime in the next few days.

Would be ironic after being disappointed (and doing some whining in this thread) over the lack of a few bugfixes, to ultimately not be able to enjoy these latest firmware releases unless I also give up on things like the Mega Sg's Colecovision core. But I'll be patient unlike in the past and just cross my fingers that our Firmware Fairy comes through in the end when time allows for the creation of the jailbreak equivalents.

Ultimately as much as it would stink for the vast majority of us that probably don't want to give up on our jailbreak functionality, Analogue at least has done their part in addressing all known issues with their official firmware. So we can't really complain even if the jailbreak firmware never gets updated, although I sure hope that doesn't end up being the case.

• Like 2

looks like a lot of little bugfixes.  

big ones that stood out to me

mega sg gets xe-1ap analog support + demons of asteborg cart fix

noir gets micro mages fixes with graphical glitches and player 3-4 support (I guess I don't have enough friends to notice 🤦‍♂️)

pocket gets new display modes, and dock improved 2.4g poll rate

Some day I'll trip over an xe-1ap for the right price...someday...

Edited by Reaperman

On 12/22/2020 at 7:04 PM, spspspsp said:

I have spent a while playing with the Noir, and overall I am extremely pleased with it.

I am, however, having trouble with one game. I have a Star Versus cart that _will not_ load on FW 6.5. I was able to run this on 1.0, but now it just says "RAM CHECK FAIL" and spits out a hex address. It still runs on my AV Famicom.

Has this issue been resolved now?

On 2/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, dudeguy said:

Not for a long time. Theyre putting all their eggs in the Pocket basket for now since they know most people just want it for emulation and they dont think anybody still uses those systems you mentioned to play cartridges.

Looks like updates happened for all except the original Nt Mini.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:37 PM, Enragedwhale said:

Yup just updated to 4.7 and it’s the same behaviour with an original pal sms desert strike cart. 

If you press start (pause) it locks up except for the first few seconds of a mission.

Is this still happening with the recent update?

10 hours ago, Atariboy said:

I went looking for jailbroken versions for the Mega Sg and Super Nt just now on the usual SmokeMonster Github that has hosted previous firmware revisions, but had no luck. Hopefully they'll be popping up sometime in the next few days.

Would be ironic after being disappointed (and doing some whining in this thread) over the lack of a few bugfixes, to ultimately not be able to enjoy these latest firmware releases unless I also give up on things like the Mega Sg's Colecovision core. But I'll be patient unlike in the past and just cross my fingers that our Firmware Fairy comes through in the end when time allows for the creation of the jailbreak equivalents.

Ultimately as much as it would stink for the vast majority of us that probably don't want to give up on our jailbreak functionality, Analogue at least has done their part in addressing all known issues with their official firmware. So we can't really complain even if the jailbreak firmware never gets updated, although I sure hope that doesn't end up being the case.

Me too. I know I just read something about he left discord in August or something and that concerned me if he's still going to work on the jb. Does it take some time for his releases. I don't remember 🤔

Discord is fine in smaller doses and depending which places you care to step into, it's the 21st century ideal of what mirc was for old irc chat in a way.

I did my updates last night, at face value the SNES/Genesis updates are solid.  The pocket well, I didn't see any change.  I didn't try anything bluetooth yet as it was late, but it still didn't properly detect my wired controller for what it is, just that it was a wired pad, and still won't let me reconfigure the buttons as it's still inexcusably grayed out.  I saw the couple of added + color modes added.  I have not yet rebooted the system to see if it forgot my dock settings to display right as the GB/GBC square doesn't default to fit a normal TV so you need to hit it at 7x or manually alter it to properly not get cut off each time you boot.  I hope that's not still going on, that has been a large deal breaker for me to conveniently use it.

I also thought my system was dead (Gen), my virtua racing cart is dead. :(

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, simonbelmont78 said:

Me too. I know I just read something about he left discord in August or something and that concerned me if he's still going to work on the jb. Does it take some time for his releases. I don't remember 🤔

It's not his work, he and someone else simply maintained the github for the JB provider. 

15 minutes ago, RobDangerous said:

It's a mysterious individual going under the name of spiritualized1997 these days. Nobody has any idea who he really is. It will forever be a mystery. Could be anybody. Could be you. Could be whoever started this thread so many years ago. Who knows.

Gotcha. That's the individual who also creates the jb cores for the analog pocket. Thanks 👍

6 hours ago, RobDangerous said:

It's a mysterious individual going under the name of spiritualized1997 these days. Nobody has any idea who he really is. It will forever be a mystery. Could be anybody. Could be you. Could be whoever started this thread so many years ago. Who knows.

Some say her name is Beverly Morton aka Bevtris. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

what's confusing me is which directory the damn json file is supposed to be going into, and how there's 3 file types im dealing with. cue, bin, json. i dont know if it matters what goes where. and also, a Youtuber said you're supposed to click on the Super System CD 2 file but it never downloaded that to begin with when I did the automatic updater

below is the image I see when I click the Json file. someone in a Youtube comment said he rolled his firmware back to 2.5 and it worked. but we're only only firmware 1.1 right now so I don't get it

20230506_044323.png

gonna try different rom files

EDIT: ok got it to work. used a different rom file

Edited by dudeguy