IGNORED

Dreamers' corner: Did Jaguar show full potential, or not?

Atlantis

To quote.... um... you:

You're a fucking idiot.

Apparently not as big an idiot as you think John Carmack is:

If the jaguar had dumped the 68k and offered a dynamic cache on the risc processors and had a tiny bit of buffering on the blitter, it could have put up a reasonable fight against sony.

A blitter doesn't need RAM. Something you'd know if you had a clue about anything

Atta boy CJ! Teabag that noob!

Apparently I'm in good company. Moron.

You're a fucking idiot

And you're straight up interwebs gangster:

gangter_fail_20120302_1735858801.jpg

Wow what an awful version. I once saw Supertramp live, without a doubt, one of the most boring bands I've encountered. Sleeping was more exiting.

But when we sleep, we can dream. And when we dream, the POWA flows freely...

• Like 1

Apparently not as big an idiot as you think John Carmack is:

"If the jaguar had dumped the 68k and offered a dynamic cache on the risc processors and had a tiny bit of buffering on the blitter, it could have put up a reasonable fight against sony."

Atta boy CJ! Teabag that noob!

Apparently I'm in good company. Moron.

No, you're still a FUCKING IDIOT. RAM is NOT buffering. He's talking about shadow H/W registers.

Plus, what has you being a FUCKING IDIOT got to do with that, you FUCKING IDIOT?

Edited by CyranoJ

So let's be honest, the Jaguar fell short of what I could have achieved with better direction and with more third party support. Yes it only sold 250,000 or so. But there's only one Mona Lisa, doesn't mean it isn't any good because it didn't sell for years -__-

To clarify, they manufactured about 250,000 Jaguar consoles, and only sold about 125,000 Jaguar consoles from launch through early 1996. Roughly an additional 100,000 units were sold once the Jaguar was on liquidation, when it could no longer make any difference to the console's fate. The Jaguar's best year was 1994, when they sold a little over 80,000 units.

Those numbers obviously put in stark contrast how badly the Jaguar fared in the market, even at a time when we're not talking the same big numbers we're talking today. If a single game sold what the Jaguar console sold in its best year on the Sega Genesis or Super Nintendo side, it would be considered a failure. Given those numbers, it's actually impressive the Jaguar got the games and support that it did, and also highlights what an "interesting" strategy it was for Atari to release a CD add-on given what was going on. As was speculated before, they might not have had a choice but to release the CD add-on, despite desperately needing to make sales of the main console healthy (or perhaps the thought was one would drive sales of the other?).

• Like 2

If you compare it to Wonka why not Mona Lisa...?

Oh, you got you master plan, that works with Wonka... I get it.

(Continue pay and annoy.)

Where did I compare it to Wonka? I must've blacked out as I don't recall posting that. I see you and Austin posting Wonka related things though.

Where did I compare it to Wonka? I must've blacked out as I don't recall posting that. I see you and Austin posting Wonka related things though.

you're soul twins, have the same plan to mass destruct all that is Jaguar, since:

I added that to you, as you always do to other people... mix everything. Don't like it, huh, well no one does. Why don't you go ahead and flame Austin for the Wonka, no, it's not a part of your pay/annoy entropy plan. Can't see the difference between you.

What next Know-it-all, fumes spam auto AGAIN??? Surprise us.

• Like 1