IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

No M&Ms? You poor thing. Do you have Smarties instead, at least? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartiesOr a superior Swedish equivalent? We need to know these things.

Inches, yuck. This American wishes you had left it in metric. Don't cave to stupidity or Donald Trump wins.

Regarding cartridge slots, that Toy Fair "prototype" cartridge insertion was so wobbly, even when handled so very gingerly in Mike's so very manly grip, that it seemed like the system board wasn't secured at all, just rattling around inside the Jag shell.

We have "m peanut" (Marabou 1957) which is remarkably similar to "m&m" (Mars 1941).

http://www.marabou.se/produkter/m-peanut?p=6328&r=3248

Of course there is a whole jungle of similar candy, including Smarties (Rowntrees of York 1882, renamed as Smarties 1937 and now owned by Nestlé). The controversy is not about the product similarities themselves, but the naming and stylization of the lower case "m". Actually the court said if Mars start to manufacture M&M with capital letters, they would evade the trademark infringement but it is not likely they would produce those beans for one small market with different layout than the rest.

As a matter of fact, just the other day Mars appealed to the High Court to take on the case. We'll see if they find the case relevant enough to bring m&m into the highest level of jurisdiction.

• Like 3

Like my bud Pipercub kept trying to hammer into my thick headed skull (he will use you and burn you) was totally true. Even went as far to make a passive aggressive comment on the Gofundme campaign a viewer of mine set up to raise 100 dollars for the minicades mike sold off on me (money was donated to Oscar Toledo's Family, CoolCV creator, to help with medical expenses for their premature infant and wife being diagnosed with cancer)

Looks like he may be leaving the hobby for good, I see he is selling off lots of his stuff on ebay.

I enjoyed RETRO magazine and being a part of it in the beginning, but now dont give a rats ass about it. I would rather read the import magazine Retro Gamer and pay the higher price.

• Like 10

Edit: whoops, wrong thread. My "I Care" comment was meant for Bill and Willy in the Atari Flashback Portable thread. No insensitivity to thevnaguy was intended.

Retro Gamer is the only modern retro game magazine that matters, it's worth the price and deserves our support. RETRO doesn't, simple as that!

Do RETRO magazine and Retro Gamer even compare in terms of article content, relevance, accuracy, diversity, actuality and what more you might ask from a such magazine?

Retro Gamer(UK) - Transformers

Retro - Go-Bots

But that's just my opinion. I have 1 issue of Retro, and quite a few unread issues of RG. I find RG just has better layout & fun nostalgia. Sure, it's UK-based, but I was never exposed to the UK side, so it's fun to read.

• Like 1

Do RETRO magazine and Retro Gamer even compare in terms of article content, relevance, accuracy, diversity, actuality and what more you might ask from a such magazine?

Retro Gamer

coca-cola-classic.jpg

RETRO magazine

cola-drink-metal-can-18972018.jpg

It should be noted that generic cola isn't terrible, especially considering how cheap it can be. In the case of the second drawing, assume that it costs 2x as much and does not arrive in a timely or reliable way after you pay your money.

Apropos of the Coleco Chameleon, the subject of this redonkulous on-going thread, the generic cola in the second photo is just a render. It doesn't exist.

• Like 7

Edit: whoops, wrong thread. My "I Care" comment was meant for Bill and Willy in the Atari Flashback Portable thread. No insensitivity to thevnaguy was intended.

Retro Gamer is the only modern retro game magazine that matters, it's worth the price and deserves our support. RETRO doesn't, simple as that!

Willie!=thevnaguy :)

Tickled_Pink, on 08 Jul 2016 - 6:24 PM, said:

Is this thread still going?

Hollywood is going to have to turn it into three 3-hour movies. :)

The clusterfuck from this is so huge, it's going to take a army of people ten years to be able to go through everything and figure things out. We've just scratched the surface. :P

• Like 1

Like my bud Pipercub kept trying to hammer into my thick headed skull (he will use you and burn you) was totally true. Even went as far to make a passive aggressive comment on the Gofundme campaign a viewer of mine set up to raise 100 dollars for the minicades mike sold off on me (money was donated to Oscar Toledo's Family, CoolCV creator, to help with medical expenses for their premature infant and wife being diagnosed with cancer)

Looks like he may be leaving the hobby for good, I see he is selling off lots of his stuff on ebay.

I enjoyed RETRO magazine and being a part of it in the beginning, but now dont give a rats ass about it. I would rather read the import magazine Retro Gamer and pay the higher price.

Pattern recognition makes for good engineering and science! But as I said you did nothing that I didn't do, or Chris C. and as I told him, hey I have this asshat money! Do not be hard on yourself. And yes, that comment was in keeping with the I am the aggrieved party here theme. I promise you, if MK took your call he would swear up and down he did nothing wrong and that what he did was good for you and that he was looking out for your best interest.

No way he is getting out of the hobby, he has a personality I will say is Laura H. style. So, to explain, one of our local flying clubs is an airport booster club. We fund and do what the county will not at the local airport. This woman Laura was the treasurer and at the end of a year we found the treasury was empty! ALLOT of money had gone missing, were talking about aviation. She was confronted at a meeting and her explanations were absurd, someone must have hacked the account! No, your signature is on this withdrawal slip and so forth. Finally she was given the choice, return the money or we contact law enforcement and within days there was a deposit to the club account and we thought well we won't see her again! WRONG, next meeting she struts in like nothing ever happened! And to this day just walks around as if nobody knows. Sure she is the laughing stock and reviled but you wouldn't know it from her public behaviour. Same here with MK, struts out into public while people text and snicker as if nothing is wrong.

• Like 5

Retro Gamer

coca-cola-classic.jpg

RETRO magazine

cola-drink-metal-can-18972018.jpg

It should be noted that generic cola isn't terrible, especially considering how cheap it can be. In the case of the second drawing, assume that it costs 2x as much and does not arrive in a timely or reliable way after you pay your money.

Apropos of the Coleco Chameleon, the subject of this redonkulous on-going thread, the generic cola in the second photo is just a render. It doesn't exist.

More like

Retro Gamer

12in-chewie-front.jpg

RETRO Magazine

77c54c53f553f752591d7f76d59cc7e8.jpg

• Like 5