IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Funny part it seems it is shipping them from the Trabuco Canyon which was where the RVGS/CC announcements were made, if it is his home address is he sitting on a pile of them?

One thing it's clear, they didn't sell well in preorder if he had to ebay/gamegavel them?

Wasn't that supposed to be a collectible item?

• Like 1

Oh no! I thought it said Buy It NOT so I clicked the button!! And now I'm actively supporting terrorism!!!

YOU FOOL! What have you done?!

Seriously tho', why Mike thinks anyone besides a VERY SMALL number of hardcore of... Mike fans? His family? I have no idea, POINT IS, how can he think anyone still wants anything he's producing/doing? Mike Kennedy is perhaps at the very top of the "Names you should run away from very fast" list atm, it just makes no sense whatsoever.

Then again, Mike's business decissions never made any sense in RETROspect.

• Like 1

Yeah, as best as I can tell, that's a private residence.

Funny part it seems it is shipping them from the Trabuco Canyon which was where the RVGS/CC announcements were made, if it is his home address is he sitting on a pile of them?

One thing it's clear, they didn't sell well in preorder if he had to ebay/gamegavel them?

Wasn't that supposed to be a collectible item?

Nah, Coleco's fine, quietly plugging away on the Mini's last I heard. Will say more when they have physical prototypes to show off.

Riverwest Brands CEO's twitter hasn't been updated since this debacle

https://twitter.com/RiverWestBrands/status/707240399195209729

MK killed Coleco!

Nah it just means Riverwest Brands won't partner with anyone to use the Coleco brand unless that partner has full disclosure of everything that is happening.

Doubt that, as River West Brand is just 2 people with business degrees that troll on old trademarks from long dead Zombie Companies

They would probably just allow anyone to use it to keep the trademark's alive

Personally I don't think Coleco Trademark and website domain is worth much to many people to partner with their limited XP in the gaming industry

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 1

And--unlike the Chameleon or RVGS--Piko's project is actually predicted to more than double its goal. :grin:

That's not reliable though. What they do is take the current average amount raised per day and multiply it by number of days the campaign runs. That's why they're way too optimistic early on and you'll see the projected amount go down as the campaign goes into the slow period. This simple calculation is also why it can never project a campaign losing money since the average earned per day will still be up as long as they raised anything. The PGS handheld campaign has consistently been losing thousands per day but kicktraq always projects they'll make money tomorrow because it's impossible for it to calculate a negative.

At 60% funded, it is still pretty impressive. But the number of people who would realistically invest in this project is limited. Kicktraq cannot show when that limit is going to be hit. It may be hit around the $12,500 mark, for example and from there the project will simply stall and eventually fail.

As bunnyboy has stated on the NA forum, it seems like a lot of people are in this not necessarily for the Arkade but the multicarts. The need to fund costs of two different types of products, given the modest sum accumulated, may be more than the project can bear.

One of the saddest things about this whole mess is that even projects on KS which are legit and done by good people are being seriously questioned -- and this never got to KS!

All Kickstarter projects should be seriously questioned, and the people behind the project have to be able to withstand the scrutiny, respond to any possible questions and demonstrate they're able to deliver what they want to achieve.

That should have been the standart approach on KS from the start, and anyone going into KS should have that mindset. You should be damned sure you have an awesome project before you even consider going to KS ask for donations.

• Like 2

All Kickstarter projects should be seriously questioned, and the people behind the project have to be able to withstand the scrutiny, respond to any possible questions and demonstrate they're able to deliver what they want to achieve.

That should have been the standart approach on KS from the start, and anyone going into KS should have that mindset. You should be damned sure you have an awesome project before you even consider going to KS ask for donations.

"You should be damned sure you have an awesome a project you are capable of delivering before you even consider going to KS ask for donations."

I'd let the "awesomeness" judgment to the backers, but be sure you can deliver on it and NO the backers are not funding a lifestyle or a whole company build up, they only signed up to fund that one project.

• Like 2

Well, "predicted to" != "fact".

I hope Piko makes his goal. I suspect he's already done the legwork on the production costs, judging on past posts. But, anything can happen.

By what Shawnphase posted it seems the whole product already existed and this could be just a repackaging, but this is just my interpretation, from the KS I thought it was an original idea but apparently it is not.

Also still from the KS it seems to me that Piko is funding many things at once .... unsure how I feel about it but as I am not interested on the main item (the bible based hacks/games/whathaveyou) it matters little to me either way.

EDIT: this is my personal interpretation of the wording on the KS, I am not dissing Piko.

"You should be damned sure you have an awesome a project you are capable of delivering before you even consider going to KS ask for donations."

I'd let the "awesomeness" judgment to the backers, but be sure you can deliver on it and NO the backers are not funding a lifestyle or a whole company build up, they only signed up to fund that one project.

Like I said if I ever come up with a product, fuck going through crowd funding

I wouldn't completely rule out crowd funding myself, but I'd damned well have the prototype up and running first.

I had a stupid idea for a device that would use HuCards, stupid I know LOL. The device wasn't for gaming though

Edited by MagnaRyuu