IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I'd buy that for a dollar. Especially if they could make them smaller than the real jag (a famiclone is the size of a pack of gum), and fill in the silly gap in the top of the shell.

I would prefer a regular sized clear Jag shell and then each individual unit would have different random recycled electrical junk around the brains of the machine. That way we can post pictures of them and make a game out of trying to figure out what is in each of them. If you find the answer for your own and then send it in to the manufacturer then you would win an LED power light for it. Also, the clone should be called "The Jag Off" with the slogan on the box saying,"The Jag Off will blow your balls off!"

• Like 3

Warning, uncharacteristically kind words ahead

While it's not the business move I would have chosen (there's a risk of getting stuck with piles of unsold inventory), and I would not choose to send money to the Mike Kennedy store (he does not have a reputation for flawless delivery or good shipping prices) ...

...wholesale reselling of someone else's stuff should be well within Mike's abilities and I applaud his attempt at focusing himself on efforts where he might actually succeed. Retro Bit Generations (hey that spells RGB) sounds like it should be an interesting product once they release the big list of games. I note that they've bumped up the titles from 60+ to more than 100.

Well, that was almost kind, in a backhanded way

Jeremy Parish wrote a nice piece about the RBG, in a way that imagined that the classic NES mini would not suck all the air out of the room. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/retro-bits-generations-console-looks-a-leap-beyond-the-classic-mini-nes

Personally, I'm most excited about the portable Atari Flashback. :-)

• Like 1

Warning, uncharacteristically kind words ahead

While it's not the business move I would have chosen (there's a risk of getting stuck with piles of unsold inventory), and I would not choose to send money to the Mike Kennedy store (he does not have a reputation for flawless delivery or good shipping prices) ...

...wholesale reselling of someone else's stuff should be well within Mike's abilities and I applaud his attempt at focusing himself on efforts where he might actually succeed. Retro Bit Generations (hey that spells RGB) sounds like it should be an interesting product once they release the big list of games. I note that they've bumped up the titles from 60+ to more than 100.

Well, that was almost kind, in a backhanded way

Jeremy Parish wrote a nice piece about the RBG, in a way that imagined that the classic NES mini would not suck all the air out of the room. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/retro-bits-generations-console-looks-a-leap-beyond-the-classic-mini-nes

Personally, I'm most excited about the portable Atari Flashback. :-)

I'll agree with everything you've said here. The RBG has all the signs of being a solid product and an excellent value for the money, and Mike is making a sensible decision trying to resell it. The real sticking point becomes, does anyone trust Mike with their money when there are a dozen other sellers who will offer this, for the exact same price, all of whom have a better track record?

I do see an RBG in my future. I don't see myself giving money to Mike, ever.

• Like 6

I'll agree with everything you've said here. The RBG has all the signs of being a solid product and an excellent value for the money, and Mike is making a sensible decision trying to resell it. The real sticking point becomes, does anyone trust Mike with their money when there are a dozen other sellers who will offer this, for the exact same price, all of whom have a better track record?

I do see an RBG in my future. I don't see myself giving money to Mike, ever.

To his credit, if he adds a sticker "Mike was here" to the console, it may be worth more in the long run .... collectards and all :grin:

I really want to try out the Reto Bit Generations and I have big plans to feature it on my channel but I'm not going to preorder from Mike, I'll wait for Amazon hopefully. If he's the only retailer for the RGB I'm probably not going to buy or review it at all. I'm not about to feature a product that might redirect people to do business with Mike.

• Like 7

I really want to try out the Reto Bit Generations and I have big plans to feature it on my channel but I'm not going to preorder from Mike, I'll wait for Amazon hopefully. If he's the only retailer for the RGB I'm probably not going to buy or review it all. I'm not about to feature a product that might redirect people to do business with Mike.

There's no way Mike is trying to "corner the market" with the RBG. Mostly because there's no way RB is stupid enough to make him an exclusive seller. It'll be on Amazon and Stone Age for sure.

• Like 4

I really want to try out the Reto Bit Generations and I have big plans to feature it on my channel but I'm not going to preorder from Mike, I'll wait for Amazon hopefully. If he's the only retailer for the RGB I'm probably not going to buy or review it at all. I'm not about to feature a product that might redirect people to do business with Mike.

...but but but ... what happened to kindness, forgiveness, giving him another chance .... oh right this whole thread was about that already.

• Like 2

Wow! Mike's giving out the best deals in town!!

rvgs_080616_sr3.png

oh.... wait...

rvgs_080616_sr3amazon.png

Also note that you get free shipping with Amazon. Free shipping isn't mentioned on Mike's site and, full disclosure- I haven't even checked if it is, but if it's not included in the listing then let's take a wild guess.

• Like 4

Retro shipping was $13 UPS ground to Illinois. Now I see how he could f$%& up- charge $5 extra, calling it a $5 discount, and charge extra for shipping where others have it for free.

Simple as that.

Edited by toiletunes
  • Like 3

Super RetroTrio is also available at Amazon, Canada.

https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Silver-System-Genesis-Retro-Bit/dp/B00JQM8A1E/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1470527573&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=super+retro+trio

A reviewer says Dragon Warrrior NES won't work on this system.

When did Super Retro Trio release?

Edited by Serguei2
  • Like 1

I can confirm Dragon Warrior does work on the SR3. His copy might just be bad. Back when I did my review I reported that 8 Eyes was incompatible but others said it would work, so I bought a second copy and confirmed it does work. It's the only NES game I have that just stopped working for some reason.

Retro shipping was $13 UPS ground to Illinois. Now I see how he could f$%& up- charge $5 extra, calling it a $5 discount, and charge extra for shipping where others have it for free.

Simple as that.

Maybe he's not stocking these himself, but just drop-shipping from wherever (even Amazon!) and keeping the change. Inserting himself into someone else's process for a small profit with no risk to himself fits into the unwanted middleman, small-time bullshitter role that SD&R has documented so nicely.

Like here: https://youtu.be/ee60LiSwegU?t=2m17s

• Like 3

I didn't realize he was running a store like this.

I will only accept these markups if a ham is included in the purchase.

Wow! Mike's giving out the best deals in town!!

oh.... wait...

Also note that you get free shipping with Amazon. Free shipping isn't mentioned on Mike's site and, full disclosure- I haven't even checked if it is, but if it's not included in the listing then let's take a wild guess.

• Like 1