IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I'm delighted that UKMike and Co. are working on a book! I agree that there needs to be a RVGS/Chameleon documentary film someday, but what a good documentary will need most is first-person testimony, and having it in book form will be a vital resource (and no doubt it will be a fun read in its own right).

I'd rather they think about choosing an appropriate title only after the book is done. Choosing the title first would be like ... starting a game console with the shell!

• Like 9

A book about this fiasco would be amazing. Can't wait. UK Mike is the right man to tackle the job, and if there's any help I can provide, even just to cheer along, if nothing else, I'd be more than honored. Any meager copy editing skills I have (I've cleaned up copy for my work's website for years now, altho' that's not my job or anything), the couple of videos I archived, etc., or even just curmudgeonly thoughts are at the disposal of anyone working to expose this boondoggle.

I must say, that shill video I just skimmed thru made me more upset than it probably should have. It's one thing if that cat actually enjoyed the mag (altho' I can scarcely imagine), but the "Oh, I wrote an article, but this thing is the best magazine since Retro Gamer" stuff gets at me.

• Like 5

This is a strong choice, but if it ever comes to be with all the truths exposed I predict "Smoke and Mirrors" as the title.

Haha!

That is the working title but, as has been said, naming it before it's done would be a little too close to the projects it's covering.

I've installed a Word Processor so that's half the battle right there.

A book about this fiasco would be amazing. Can't wait. UK Mike is the right man to tackle the job.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

I must say, that shill video I just skimmed thru made me more upset than it probably should have.

Awesome! An issue just full of interviews.......

Oh yes, all the writers have left...........

Edited by UKMike
  • Like 7

Haha!

That is the working title but, as has been said, naming it before it's done would be a little too close to the projects it's covering.

I've installed a Word Processor so that's half the battle right there.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Awesome! An issue just full of interviews.......

Oh yes, all the writers have left...........

Should your book ever reach the publisher, I'm a day one buyer. One caveat, it has to be in print. None of the Amazon Kindle BS...

Kinda like carts if you think about it! ;-)

I'll be one of the first in line for a printed copy, too. But if it can only be released in electronic form, I'll be sure to preserve it forever the Mike way: by writing the book contents onto a extra-long-life ROM, which I will then mount inside a limited edition Jaguar cartridge. Then I'll label the cartridge with my little P-Touch label printer and show it off at trade shows.

• Like 1

RETRObsession:

Begin the video like a horror movie, with an excited/hopeful Mike going to get the Jag molds. Molds which should have been destroyed long ago but weren't. His descent into obsession/madness(/corruption?) is the story, and I think the essence of what it was like for us to see unfold.

Intercut with scenes of a murder board; literally tying together the cold, hard facts.

pll_s4e03_28.jpg

• Like 3

RETRObsession:

Begin the video like a horror movie, with an excited/hopeful Mike going to get the Jag molds. Molds which should have been destroyed long ago but weren't. His descent into obsession/madness(/corruption?) is the story, and I think the essence of what it was like for us to see unfold.

Intercut with scenes of a murder board; literally tying together the cold, hard facts.

pll_s4e03_28.jpg

A member of the community attempts to interview Kennedy to get the facts about the CC.

Kennedy looks at the board behind him and mentions how used to be in a barber shop quartet in Skoke, Illinois ...

Ha, those molds

It's like when you're at a flea market and you see a $1 cartridge for a system you don't own ...then you rearrange your world to get the machine to play that cartridge that you didn't even know you wanted.

(In 1994 or something, of course, because we're all too sophisticated to do that kind of thing in the modern age, right?

• Like 1

Ha, those molds

It's like when you're at a flea market and you see a $1 cartridge for a system you don't own ...then you rearrange your world to get the machine to play that cartridge that you didn't even know you wanted.

(In 1994 or something, of course, because we're all too sophisticated to do that kind of thing in the modern age, right?

No Too Sophisticated at all...haha!

It's like when you're at a flea market and you find a $1 cartridge for a system you've never heard of before, then you rearrange your world to find the right machine to play that cartridge, and after searching all year you figure out it's a SNEZz.

^I laughed Quite Out Loud at this one..

Would you like that burnt to a mask rom with a 100+ year data retention guarantee?

Like it? I'd Love It!!!

(Because... Cartridges!)

• Like 3

RETRObsession:

pll_s4e03_28.jpg

Enter Mike Kennedy.

A sexy voice whispers from stage right..."Hey Parrothead is that a Jaguar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Sorry....I'm just used to the movie being different than the book...

• Like 3

What ever happen to Sean 'Lee' Robinson

Good question. For that matter, what happened to Mike's crusade to get his money back? If Mike was so determined to pull out all the stops and drag "The Mysterious Mr. Lee" into court to protect the hobby and restore his good name, you'd think we would have heard something about it by now.

• Like 6

What ever happen to Sean 'Lee' Robinson

Easy to place the blame on made up characters. Well if it weren't for Piko's (Eli) phonecall, we wouldn't even have proof he existed.

Mike Kennedy proportedly jumped in bed with some known scammer from back in the day and both shatted in it. You give a guy money and he scams you, asking for more, and so you open your wallet up again. Least in Retroland, something magical happens when you keep throwing money at a problem. Not the brightest of the bunch. Birds of a feather flock together, as they say...

well my coleco chameleon is getting pretty close to done, just waiting on some decals to mail in and tweak some retropie settings, and whatever other final tweaks that come up

attachicon.gifIMG_20170108_103633351.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170115_112514026.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170115_113612310.jpg

:evil:

LOL, totally digging that fake SNEZZ cart for the Raspberry Pi Chameleon. Is that sculpted out of Play-Dough or 3D printed? I like the hideaway 3rd USB port too, making the cart port at least not totally useless. :grin:

LOL, totally digging that fake SNEZZ cart for the Raspberry Pi Chameleon. Is that sculpted out of Play-Dough or 3D printed? I like the hideaway 3rd USB port too, making the cart port at least not totally useless. :grin:

the image scaling makes it look that way (some weird artifacts and it being lines on an angle and whatnot) but its a real snezzz cart with the middle cut out and chem welded back together

not totally happy with that one as it is a really beat up cart and the paint makes it stand out more so Im about to saw another Madden 94 in half

btw there's a 128 gig SSD in that cart

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2

the image scaling makes it look that way (some weird artifacts and it being lines on an angle and whatnot) but its a real snezzz cart with the middle cut out and chem welded back together

not totally happy with that one as it is a really beat up cart and the paint makes it stand out more so Im about to saw another Madden 94 in half

btw there's a 128 gig SSD in that cart

That's awesome! I knew something was up because the cart is not wide enough. I literally cannot see the weld seams, well not at the image resolution anyway! And the matte finish sort of does look like blue play-dough! Maybe you should use gloss next time... ;-)

• Like 1