IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

That's awesome! I knew something was up because the cart is not wide enough. I literally cannot see the weld seams, well not at the image resolution anyway! And the matte finish sort of does look like blue play-dough! Maybe you should use gloss next time... ;-)

well if you happened to miss my epic rant about krylon this project

that's what they call gray, and in some light its grey and most of the time yea its like a damn smurf

eitherway I switched over to valspar and got a nice light shade of grey, cause you got to sand or paint it or you will see the seam down the middle

anyway the point of the cart was not just to have a cart (but you gotta right?) but its a 128 gig MSATA SSD on a USB 3.0 adapter

retropie is setup where when its inserted it just mounts it as /home so I can yank the cart, and thanks to a little like 6inch USB3.0 extension cable I can plug it into my computer, which it really hauls ass transfering large romsets

then when its connected to the PI, even though that is only USB 2.0 it still is over 4x faster than an SD card, which is nice for things like cd based games where it might have to do a lot of streaming

and the price the brand new samsung SSD was the same price as a samsung SD card, and the adapter cost like 7 bucks, so 7 more dollars than doing an SD card (the pi boots on a 16gig card)

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

That's a pretty nice looking self made Chameleon there. Far more than you can give the parrot credit for. Does he even come around anymore or did this board shame him into exile? I used to lurk this place off and on for years and see him try and pathetically defend his action or self delude himself into thinking things were fine whatever the case was.

• Like 4

That's a pretty nice looking self made Chameleon there. Far more than you can give the parrot credit for. Does he even come around anymore or did this board shame him into exile? I used to lurk this place off and on for years and see him try and pathetically defend his action or self delude himself into thinking things were fine whatever the case was.

Well I don't think he's banned, but he has a habit of making things worse for himself everytime he opens his mouth (or posts on the internet). That said, it's been quiet around here. Not enough foot for the mouth. MK, we miss you!!! :P

• Like 1

Somebody please hack one of those Nyan cat ports with Mike Kennedy's mugshot. Cheesy music, rainbow fart trail, and joystick translates to movement onscreen.

To qualify as a game worthy of a Mike Kennedy parody, it must be:

#1: Endless

#2: Have absolutely no objective whatsoever

#3: Simple enough to program in a single night

• Like 2

behold! (windows only at the moment I'm afraid)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwV9jPtdunRHeVNBVGRfODY4alE

RAndom EXE file downloaded off the Internet? Sure, why not! :lolblue:

EDIT: Avast opened it in sandbox and I got to play it for 15 seconds. Now it informs me I've found a "rare" file and needs to submit it to the labs for investigation. But what I saw in the 15 second preview had me ROTFLMFAO... :rolling:

EDIT2: File is clean! :grin:

post-33189-0-81566700-1484786575_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I know it was already said, but cart makers can't be reminded too much:

attachicon.gifrvgs_simpleasthat.png

Yeah, because we all 'member how it was in the old days...There was never any bugs in games...And if there were we just sent them back! ... Simple as that! And they fixed the cartridges and sent them back free of charge....

• Like 3

I've been a member of this board for eight years, but I've never been motivated to say anything here before. This, however, is a thing of beauty. I've met Mr Kennedy before, this seems like a highly accurate and well researched simulation. Thank you, thank you all.

So, belated welcome to AA I guess! :)