IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Actually, it is hard to be surrounded by only two men.

Because of the way my mind works, this comment reminds me of slash fan fiction. So I took the names of some of the players ("SoCal" Mike AKA Parrothead AKA Mike Kennedy, Mr. Lee, John Carlsen) and plugged them into this fanfic generator, with mildly amusing results, almost like art (heh) copying life. Hear the first part read aloud.

One night Parrothead had been drinking too much gin.
He felt very nice and enjoyed it very much.
Then all the sudden he saw a stranger walking.
Not just any stranger because real strangers dont exist!
This one was evil!
Parrothead ran to stranger and hit them, it was AtariAge Hater Brigade!
"How dare you..you.. villain! I kill you by murder!"
"Yes, we fight now!"
No Mike Kennedy screamed in agony. and he screamed a lots you know. it really really hurt. the pain that is. Trust me, youd scream hurt!
Our hero took his mighty weapon and went balistik on he.
"Oh no! It was my friend! And my friend there is really a man!"
"My friend! said Mike Kennedy, you are a man!" he said and saying he did!
"Oh that is good" said Mike Kennedy
"No it is not! Mahaha!!. You see i must kill you because I was told to by my lamp
"But not today!", with that the villianess villian ran off into the sunset.
Fortunately Mister Lee worked at a newspaper nowadays and he used the database of the newspaper to find out home turf of AtariAge Hater Brigade's ruffians.
Their search led to a night club in the darkiest and stormiest part of SoCal. Mike Kennedy was a little hesitant to go. It was rather scary and it was dark and stomy in that secting of SoCal. But the courage in him was greater than his fear because with his Cornering the market on retro gaming he should be able to accomplish anything, right, Mike Kennedy thought to himself.
And Mister Lee would join Parrothead.
So not to fall out of fashion they both donned their most gothyest clothing. Mike Kennedy had to admit that Mister Lee looked kind of sexy in that outfit of his. But Mike didn't dare to comment on that (Mike had only just discovered he was bi, and was a little angxious over that. He wans't sure if his othre friends would accept that!.
Mike Kennedy instead poored down his soul into his make-up. He bore gorgeous blood-rose coloured finger nails with black streaking zig-zags and gave Mister Lee matching treatment. Mister Lee lovely eyes met Mike Kennedy's and for a moment they were both swimming in a pool made of a gorgeous combination of their eyes colours. It was romance they knew, but they didn't know whether it was a forbidden one or not!
Then they went off and defeated AtariAge Hater Brigade.
And when everyone was ready to go, suddenly, the door opened!
"????!!" questioned Mike Kennedy exclaimingly.
Because in the doorway, no other than AtariAge Hater Brigade stood!
But instead AtariAge Hater Brigade's usual smirk, there was confusion on his face!
"Who.... who am I?" mutered AtariAge Hater Brigade
"Who are you?!" Parrothead said.
"Who *is* he?!" SNEZZZZZZZ also said (a/n lol she aint very smart lol).
"Who... who am I?" AtariAge Hater Brigade repeated... "I don't know who I am!"
"Zomg, AtariAge Hater Brigade lost his memory!" concluded Sir Flojo Mojo smartly.
"Indeed, that is the only logical explanation," said Mike, who of course had thought of it before Sir Flojo Mojo did but was too noble and modest to say so.
"Well, I say we kill him now." said Mister Lee.
"That is a good idea," said Mike Kennedy and he reached for his rifles.
But then all the sudden, they were surrounded! By AtariAge Hater Brigade's Mercenaryss!
"Lord!" they said. "We have brought you the Kickstarter Pledges!"
The Kickstarter Pledges! Parrothead saw it within the hands of the highwayman. As ever as revoking as it always had been.
If only Mike Kennedy could get to it!
Then Mike Kennedy remembered... He had the power of Talking big but not delivering!
Before AtariAge Hater Brigade could turn to the gaurd, Mike lept forward and grabbed the Kickstarter Pledges from ninja's hands. Mike Kennedy then apologised profoundly and patted the lackys on their back.
"AtariAge Hater Brigade," said Mike Kennedy, "I'm sorry, but it's better for you never ever to remember who you were." And with Mike Kennedy's Cornering the market on retro gaming, he crushed the Kickstarter Pledges.
"Noooooo!" AtariAge Hater Brigade said, "Now I will never know who I am!"
"We'll get you sorted out," said Mike Kennedy wisely. AtariAge Hater Brigade looked happy.
"AtariAge Hater Brigade should pay for his crimes!" yelled Mister Lee.
"But he doesn't know what he did, so it's unreasonable to kill them for it," Parrothead said wisely.
Mister Lee recognised that he was being an arse and that Mike was right all along.
"All we can do is to help AtariAge Hater Brigade," said SNEZZZZZZZ, "And heal he with the power of love." she said as the usually stupid and naive girl she is.
But Mike thought long and deep about SNEZZZZZZZ's speech.
"I know a way to solve it," Mike said. But let's first go home. I'm tired. We've done enough adventuring for today.
And then they all went home.
A/N Stay turned for more about AtariAge Hater Brigade's trauma and how the power of love heald him! It's gonna be an awesome story!.

• Like 5

One night Parrothead had been drinking too much gin.

He felt very nice and enjoyed it very much.

Then all the sudden he saw a stranger walking.

Not just any stranger because real strangers dont exist!

This one was evil!

Parrothead ran to stranger and hit them, it was AtariAge Hater Brigade!

"How dare you..you.. villain! I kill you by murder!"

"Yes, we fight now!"

No Mike Kennedy screamed in agony. and he screamed a lots you know. it really really hurt. the pain that is. Trust me, youd scream hurt!

Our hero took his mighty weapon and went balistik on he.

"Oh no! It was my friend! And my friend there is really a man!"

"My friend! said Mike Kennedy, you are a man!" he said and saying he did!

"Oh that is good" said Mike Kennedy

"No it is not! Mahaha!!. You see i must kill you because I was told to by my lamp

"But not today!", with that the villianess villian ran off into the sunset.

Fortunately Mister Lee worked at a newspaper nowadays and he used the database of the newspaper to find out home turf of AtariAge Hater Brigade's ruffians.

Their search led to a night club in the darkiest and stormiest part of SoCal. Mike Kennedy was a little hesitant to go. It was rather scary and it was dark and stomy in that secting of SoCal. But the courage in him was greater than his fear because with his Cornering the market on retro gaming he should be able to accomplish anything, right, Mike Kennedy thought to himself.

And Mister Lee would join Parrothead.

So not to fall out of fashion they both donned their most gothyest clothing. Mike Kennedy had to admit that Mister Lee looked kind of sexy in that outfit of his. But Mike didn't dare to comment on that (Mike had only just discovered he was bi, and was a little angxious over that. He wans't sure if his othre friends would accept that!.

Mike Kennedy instead poored down his soul into his make-up. He bore gorgeous blood-rose coloured finger nails with black streaking zig-zags and gave Mister Lee matching treatment. Mister Lee lovely eyes met Mike Kennedy's and for a moment they were both swimming in a pool made of a gorgeous combination of their eyes colours. It was romance they knew, but they didn't know whether it was a forbidden one or not!

Then they went off and defeated AtariAge Hater Brigade.

And when everyone was ready to go, suddenly, the door opened!

"????!!" questioned Mike Kennedy exclaimingly.

Because in the doorway, no other than AtariAge Hater Brigade stood!

But instead AtariAge Hater Brigade's usual smirk, there was confusion on his face!

"Who.... who am I?" mutered AtariAge Hater Brigade

"Who are you?!" Parrothead said.

"Who *is* he?!" SNEZZZZZZZ also said (a/n lol she aint very smart lol).

"Who... who am I?" AtariAge Hater Brigade repeated... "I don't know who I am!"

"Zomg, AtariAge Hater Brigade lost his memory!" concluded Sir Flojo Mojo smartly.

"Indeed, that is the only logical explanation," said Mike, who of course had thought of it before Sir Flojo Mojo did but was too noble and modest to say so.

"Well, I say we kill him now." said Mister Lee.

"That is a good idea," said Mike Kennedy and he reached for his rifles.

But then all the sudden, they were surrounded! By AtariAge Hater Brigade's Mercenaryss!

"Lord!" they said. "We have brought you the Kickstarter Pledges!"

The Kickstarter Pledges! Parrothead saw it within the hands of the highwayman. As ever as revoking as it always had been.

If only Mike Kennedy could get to it!

Then Mike Kennedy remembered... He had the power of Talking big but not delivering!

Before AtariAge Hater Brigade could turn to the gaurd, Mike lept forward and grabbed the Kickstarter Pledges from ninja's hands. Mike Kennedy then apologised profoundly and patted the lackys on their back.

"AtariAge Hater Brigade," said Mike Kennedy, "I'm sorry, but it's better for you never ever to remember who you were." And with Mike Kennedy's Cornering the market on retro gaming, he crushed the Kickstarter Pledges.

"Noooooo!" AtariAge Hater Brigade said, "Now I will never know who I am!"

"We'll get you sorted out," said Mike Kennedy wisely. AtariAge Hater Brigade looked happy.

"AtariAge Hater Brigade should pay for his crimes!" yelled Mister Lee.

"But he doesn't know what he did, so it's unreasonable to kill them for it," Parrothead said wisely.

Mister Lee recognised that he was being an arse and that Mike was right all along.

"All we can do is to help AtariAge Hater Brigade," said SNEZZZZZZZ, "And heal he with the power of love." she said as the usually stupid and naive girl she is.

But Mike thought long and deep about SNEZZZZZZZ's speech.

"I know a way to solve it," Mike said. But let's first go home. I'm tired. We've done enough adventuring for today.

And then they all went home.

A/N Stay turned for more about AtariAge Hater Brigade's trauma and how the power of love heald him! It's gonna be an awesome story!.

post-4118-0-38223100-1493867047.jpg

Edited by Pipercub
  • Like 7

Because of the way my mind works, this comment reminds me of slash fan fiction. So I took the names of some of the players ("SoCal" Mike AKA Parrothead AKA Mike Kennedy, Mr. Lee, John Carlsen) and plugged them into this fanfic generator, with mildly amusing results, almost like art (heh) copying life. Hear the first part read aloud.

Did you used to play with those Ad-Libs books as a kid? This was refreshingly reminiscent of those. Ad Libs were fun up until we hit our teens and inserted wirty-dords everywhere!!! :lol: :rolling: :lolblue:

@Pipercub: pour me a tall one! ;-)

• Like 1

jvsyskbdmcoevtqblx8f.jpg

One day Mike will stare at this picture with teary eyes and go "The good old days... whatever happened to them?" and the "Wonder Years" tune will start playing in his head before he goes "Oh yeah, I was an idiot" and the tune will just stop.

Edited by Cernex
  • Like 2

Yes, it's like Mad Libs. There's a slider for "sex" which I turned to zero to make it more appropriate to share here. There's also sliders for cliche, and violence which seemed more in keeping with the hater brigade

Ah, shucks. Please share the graphic violence + A&A versions, if you get a chance! PM if necessary... :love:
  • Like 1

Do we happen to have any exploitable kennedy pictures with background already removed?

I've been thinking of doing a 'sizzle reel' for the 'core store' and want a face to pull a brief 'toasty' in the corner. Maybe flip and spin all over the screen for a bit.

If we don't, that's fine. I can just make one from that great beer pic above, or go the 'hell with it' route and let the chromakey do whatever it wants to it.

• Like 5

Well, it looks like everyone's favorite wannabe retro gaming baron of industry has sold the contact information he collected from ReadRetro. I just got a spammy "newsletter" from a thing called nocheckpoint.com and it could only have come by way of Mike Kennedy's kickstarter contact lists.

Hello, Friends!

Introducing nocheckpoint.com! A new project/concept to deliver retro gaming news, articles, retrospectives, interviews, and over all what is happening with the scene. You may be wondering why and how we are emailing you right now; nocheckpoint.com team is being composed by retro scene veterans, journalists, contributors and writers that have had reach you in the past.

We are alpha-launching today with this newsletter! While we work on our website, this newsletter will be our only way of communication; hopefully we grow our reach to every retro gamer in this crazy sphere we call world! We'll pick news, rumors, and events we stumble up on in our circles; but make sure to let us know if you have any news tip, gossip, cool thing, opinion, or anything that you think us or the retro gaming community should know!

Lets get started!

Ermmm ... no, let's not.

• Like 7

Son of a bitch... I just checked my emails because I figured Flojo could be mistaken. Nope. It's there for me too.

It's bad enough when you log into Kickstarter and you get an 'update' from a project you paid into telling you "our friends over at _________ are selling _________!!" This is why Mike is unfixable and will never get it, he treats everyone as a commodity to him. He has no empathy for how other people might feel when he sells off their info, I'm sure he wouldn't like it.

By the way, the address they're using is for Geekdom in Houston, a "shared office space" a.k.a. a rec center for startups. What a bunch of wannabes.

• Like 6

Hey Guys Before This grows like wild fire, I should probably apologize, It is a new project of mine that I'll be funding. Didn't mean to be intrusive, Mike Kennedy is not involved. I am launching that site as a project to consolidate info on best retro gaming scene projects, some retrospectives and behind the scenes info.

Eventually I want to turn it into a yearly magazine or bi yearly magazine. I plan to have smaller free zines issues etc.

Again, I Apologized, I tried to be the least intrusive on the email as possible etc.

Info I got as I am buying out gamegavel (gamerspots too and hoping some other stuff) as-is I think it could be a cool tool and I plan to turn it around. As we work in Piko by Rescuing old unreleased/unfinished games, I plan to do the same for Gamegavel (and some other brands, but that is for another thread)

Idea for nocheckpoint came when I started investigating real hard a couple of gaming giants that went bankrupt. I found all this cool and crazy information on SEC archives and the US Federal Archives office.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that everything mentioned in the newsletter was not paid advertising (aside from our current project) I asked about 12-15 people about projects they'd like to share etc. Only featured the ones that actually gave me a who, what, when and where (I guess other people where too lazy).

Again I apologize, but I also want you to tell me (as I ask in that newsletter) what do you think of the current state of retro gaming, your opinions, comments, ideas etc. I see the scene rapidly changing and there is a gut feeling (not good) and I really want to understand and know what is going on and what to do to keep the fire burning.

If I bothered you, I am sorry, I'll give you a free slap in the head voucher if we ever meet in person. You may click spam if that is what you felt I sent you, let me know and I'll personally unsubscribe you.

Cheers!

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 3

One day Mike will stare at this picture with teary eyes and go "The good old days... whatever happened to them?" and the "Wonder Years" tune will start playing in his head before he goes "Oh yeah, I was an idiot" and the tune will just stop.

if you do the math on that picture, with some assumptions I will admit, the wall they are standing in front of is damn near 20 foot tall to the top shelf

Info I got as I am buying out gamegavel (gamerspots too and hoping some other stuff) as-is I think it could be a cool tool and I plan to turn it around. As we work in Piko by Rescuing old unreleased/unfinished games, I plan to do the same for Gamegavel (and some other brands, but that is for another thread)

Yes yes, you "exploit" abandoned IP, we know. I hope you didn't pay a lot for GameGavel. As was said of The Grinch, I wouldn't touch that with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole.

Hey Guys Before This grows like wild fire, I should probably apologize, It is a new project of mine that I'll be funding. Didn't mean to be intrusive, Mike Kennedy is not involved. I am launching that site as a project to consolidate info on best retro gaming scene projects, some retrospectives and behind the scenes info.

Eventually I want to turn it into a yearly magazine or bi yearly magazine. I plan to have smaller free zines issues etc.

Again, I Apologized, I tried to be the least intrusive on the email as possible etc.

Idea for nocheckpoint came when I started investigating real hard a couple of gaming giants that went bankrupt. I found all this cool and crazy information on SEC archives and the US Federal Archives office.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that everything mentioned in the newsletter was not paid advertising (aside from our current project) I asked about 12-15 people about projects they'd like to share etc. Only featured the ones that actually gave me a who, what, when and where (I guess other people where too lazy).

Again I apologize, but I also want you to tell me (as I ask in that newsletter) what do you think of the current state of retro gaming, your opinions, comments, ideas etc. I see the scene rapidly changing and there is a gut feeling (not good) and I really want to understand and know what is going on and what to do to keep the fire burning.

If I bothered you, I am sorry, I'll give you a free slap in the head voucher if we ever meet in person. You may click spam if that is what you felt I sent you, let me know and I'll personally unsubscribe you.

Cheers!

There are a good number of people who "own" gamegavel so I hope MK didn't rope you into buying something that wasn't totally his to sell. We all know he would and probably did though :(

• Like 4

There are a good number of people who "own" gamegavel so I hope MK didn't rope you into buying something that wasn't totally his to sell. We all know he would and probably did though :(

On a "glass is half full" level, this is one less thing in the hobby for Mike to be involved in. That's gotta be a net gain for our sanity.

• Like 4