IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

The site has potential, it is a good idea, something that I thought to do during my college years where I sold heavenly on ebay to support my self (mostly retro games) Ohh the horror stories on ebay. But well, it was already done; I remember wanting to buy gamemonster.org from a guy at Nintendoage.com because it was a similar concept (although this one was more like Craigslist); but sale never went through.

The site needs massive work and a lot of time invested to make it work again. SEO has some potential, but again lots of work to turn it around.

It will be mainly incorporated for a new concept store I been toying with the idea for a couple of years, that I think people, stores, homebrewers, developers will appreciate ;)

Edited by PikoInteractive

Be fully aware up front that Mike can not sell the code that runs game gavel and he pays a monthly fee to host and license it.

You will have that ongoing cost as well.

He will probably tell you the guy would take less than he currently pays but then why hasn't Mike already done that?

You should buy the name if you want it but the site as such is not his to sell completely and he has many investors who have a stake in it too, Pipercub included.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

There are a good number of people who "own" gamegavel so I hope MK didn't rope you into buying something that wasn't totally his to sell. We all know he would and probably did though :(

One of the best predictors of future behavior is past behavior : http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?p=3525598

How much is a moribund auction site, tainted by association in the minds of many who would use it, worth? Maybe $1,000? Are you going to tell Vinnk from Famicomdojo that he has to pay auction fees now?

According to Patreon, it seems that Retro Magazine will not get any money until after it publishes issue 13, if I am reading this correctly : https://www.patreon.com/legal

There are two types of pledges. One is a monthly subscription where you pay creators per month. The other is a content subscription where you pay creators for certain creations.

If you support a creator on a per month basis, then you are charged immediately at the time of the pledge for the full amount of the subscription. Beginning in the month after the month in which you made your initial pledge, your payment is batched with your other existing pledges and charged at the start of the month.

If you support a creator on a per creation basis, then you are charged for creations at the start of the month, following the month in which the creation was published. You can set a limit on the number of creations for which you may be charged in a single month.

For both per month and per creation support, you may cancel your pledge at any time.

• Like 1

Be fully aware up front that Mike can not sell the code that runs game gavel and he pays a monthly fee to host and license it.

You will have that ongoing cost as well.

He will probably tell you the guy would take less than he currently pays but then why hasn't Mike already done that?

You should buy the name if you want it but the site as such is not his to sell completely and he has many investors who have a stake in it too, Pipercub included.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

That is what I was referring to in my other post. I was sure a few of you guys had a stake in it.

If I bothered you, I am sorry, I'll give you a free slap in the head voucher if we ever meet in person. You may click spam if that is what you felt I sent you, let me know and I'll personally unsubscribe you.

Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up. I dug up the "nocheckpoint" message in my Yahoo spambox and promptly checked the "not spam" button. Unfortunately it takes more than one guy to retrain a spam filter run by a multinational corporation... :thumbsup:

Piko, I hope you realize by opening your mouth, you're basically in the position of Indie Jones right after he fell into the snake pit. You'll figure a way out, just don't lose your hat! :grin:

Thanks for the heads up. I dug up the "nocheckpoint" message in my Yahoo spambox and promptly checked the "not spam" button. Unfortunately it takes more than one guy to retrain a spam filter run by a multinational corporation... :thumbsup:

Piko, I hope you realize by opening your mouth, you're basically in the position of Indie Jones right after he fell into the snake pit. You'll figure a way out, just don't lose your hat! :grin:

Come one! We turned around Wisdom Tree, I think this challenge is just a bit more difficult ;)

• Like 3

I think if the email had a little more about who you were ("this is Eli from your friends at Piko Interactive!" or something like that), it wouldn't have been chucked into my spam bin and I wouldn't have immediately made sure that I unsubscribed. Instead of instantly thinking "that piece of garbage Kennedy is spamming me after I have unsubscribed from his bullshit ten times," I would have been like "oh, I know these guys!" I tend to react poorly to having things sold to me, but will be more likely to listen if someone I like/know is trying to keep me in the know.

• Like 4

I think if the email had a little more about who you were ("this is Eli from your friends at Piko Interactive!" or something like that), it wouldn't have been chucked into my spam bin and I wouldn't have immediately made sure that I unsubscribed. Instead of instantly thinking "that piece of garbage Kennedy is spamming me after I have unsubscribed from his bullshit ten times," I would have been like "oh, I know these guys!" I tend to react poorly to having things sold to me, but will be more likely to listen if someone I like/know is trying to keep me in the know.

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Piko, you have a good reputation, you should leverage it, rather than hiding behind anonymity or other new brands. Even though association with GG makes me question your judgment.

• Like 6

^^^^^ this ^^^^^

Piko, you have a good reputation, you should leverage it, rather than hiding behind anonymity or other new brands. Even though association with GG makes me question your judgment.

Yeah I should have posted who is running it and what contributors I have, just really didn't think of that because I was trying to put together a well thought newsletter. Next time I send something I'll give out a full lay out of what is happening/happened.

Regarding judgment, everybody questions my judgement with my acquisitions. Noah's Ark, Duke Nukem 3D Genesis, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. But for me to pull the trigger is because Im sure I'm going to hit a target.

• Like 2

Regarding judgment, everybody questions my judgement with my acquisitions. Noah's Ark, Duke Nukem 3D Genesis, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. But for me to pull the trigger is because Im sure I'm going to hit a target.

LOL excellent point. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

• Like 2

Wisdom Tree didn't need to be turned around. It was fine, just stagnant and unused. That is like saying a decent retired football player (Wisdom Tree) who finished his career long ago should be compared to a shitty current player (anything MK) with no skill and a bad rep just cause the same agent (Piko) has convinced them both to do signings and wants to feed the public they have the same value at the table, which they don't. Comparing them is figuratively and literally Heaven and Hell.

• Like 1

Wisdom Tree didn't need to be turned around. It was fine, just stagnant and unused. That is like saying a decent retired football player (Wisdom Tree) who finished his career long ago should be compared to a shitty current player (anything MK) with no skill and a bad rep just cause the same agent (Piko) has convinced them both to do signings and wants to feed the public they have the same value at the table, which they don't. Comparing them is figuratively and literally Heaven and Hell.

Meh, I've gotten death threads for owning Wisdom Tree projects, no death threats yet on GG, we shall wait! ;) Anybody wants to make a betting pool?

Oh, like getting two veteran boxers back into the ring after being retired for more than a decade. I've heard stories of ledgendary boxers trying to make a comeback or have a rematch 20 years later. Usually, in the rare event the match actually pans out, does not end well for the two fighters, nor is it a good fight from a spectator perspective either since they are past their prime.

notice the watch that's worth more than my car ... salesmen, meh

educated and certified electronic engineer with a additional CS degree... I have a watch, a very nice watch, it sits in a box, and the last time I wore it was when I was married, its worth more than my car as well, but...

I never wear it, why? cause I do real work, where that snazzy watch in the wrong place could lead me to having my hand burned off at the wrist ... best case when something goes wrong

it is very easy to verify bullshit in electronics, do they wear metal on his hands? if yes then your dealing with a salesperson, devoid and ignorant of reality... do they have a wedding ring branded into their leather like hands and no metal , then your probably dealing with someone who has a concept of how things work

I was helping a new EE intern this week, freshmen, with soldering. My advice was...

• dont fear getting burned, cause you will get burned
  • if you use a machine pull your hair back cause that itty bitty belt sander will rip your scalp off
  • remove all metal from your hands in case of burns or crimps
Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 3

Meh, I've gotten death threads for owning Wisdom Tree projects, no death threats yet on GG, we shall wait! ;) Anybody wants to make a betting pool?

What part of, or how much of the GG entity did you buy? I'm honestly curious about it as I know you are not dumb and must have known about the other people aside from MK who have legit claim to partial ownership of GG. I'm wondering what happens to them VS what you now own out of the purchase of whatever it is that now makes GG yours. Do they still have stock in what you are now have the majority stake in with your purchase or maybe did you assume the debt to those other owners with the purchase? Again, this is an honest curiosity and not a negative dig in any way. I'm sure many other people would love to know this stuff too so this might be a good place to let this stuff be publicly known.

What part of, or how much of the GG entity did you buy? I'm honestly curious about it as I know you are not dumb and must have known about the other people aside from MK who have legit claim to partial ownership of GG. I'm wondering what happens to them VS what you now own out of the purchase of whatever it is that now makes GG yours. Do they still have stock in what you are now have the majority stake in with your purchase or maybe did you assume the debt to those other owners with the purchase? Again, this is an honest curiosity and not a negative dig in any way. I'm sure many other people would love to know this stuff too so this might be a good place to let this stuff be publicly known.

I'm not ready to release publicly our deal details, but you are welcome to reach to our lawyer. If not, just wait a couple of weeks I'll address everything.

• Like 1