IGNORED

Intellivision Bowling League

Opry99er

2 week no show from Hyperboy...

If mrintv posts a score tomorrow and Hyperboy does not, we will consider him 'in tha league.'

I don't see a problem giving Hyperboy a shot to post a score by tomorrow, but also want to make sure we have active players on all teams. :D

Edited by Opry99er

A league commissioner that follows his own rules is always a welcome thing, but in this case you forewarned about it and you asked the entire league for permission for a few hours of leniency.

It is not like you were silent about being late and forcing your way. That would be a bad sign. And asking for a few hours of tardiness is better than asking for a few days of tardiness.

Your score is welcome. We aren't barbarians here. Well, if I shave I'll stop looking like one.

I messaged mr_intv about joining me and SiliconeToad85's team if Hyperboy is not able to make it. And he is highly interested. We'll play it by ear as the day progresses. I know he lost power from the blizzard a week or so ago during that weekend and had some personal stuff. He said he was going to contact Opry99er but don't know if he did so or not. If no word or score later today, then mr_intv will be the replacement.

hey it looks like we might have a no show two weeks in a row. You need to post a pic with the password of the week. "Mark it zero!" Was this weeks. First pic is only one that counts. You should play and post a score. Maybe help this poor team out.

Im ready to bowl. Just waiting for official confirmation. ? Edited by mr_intv
  • Like 2

Guys I had planned on putting together the week's stats and updating the leaderboard tonight, but this wind and rain storm have knocked my power out. Elec Company says it should be restored soon, but I am off to bed. Typing this on my phone.

Will try to do it early AM. SORRY!!! :)

In an excellent week, Gutterballs and Balls of Steel jump to the number two and three positions respectively! cvga, mthompson, and Retrogamer81081 each reach the 300 club while FANTASTIC improvements were made by Sir Jay and Silicone Toad!!!!!

The leaderboard hasn't changed from week 2 to week 3, but some ground was made up on Star Strikes as they dropped from the #2 spot to #5 in the weekly scoring.

The Walter Sobchaks continue to post up low-mid 200 scores, believing that slow and steady wins the race. ;)

Over all, the improvement from week 1 to week 2 was impressive, but the improvement from week 2 to week 3 was equally strong, as bowlers are starting to hit their stride! As we move into the half-way week of the season, I want to congratulate all those who have improved in their bowling game over the course of the season, and I want to welcome our newest member, mr_intv who posted an AWESOME first score!!!!

You guys are really killing it this season. I'm super impressed, and I believe I owe each of your teams a pitcher of beer and a plate of nachos for your table... just don't get nacho cheese on your balls.... That could be akin to rubbing up a baseball with vaseline.

:D

• Like 1

Ok, so the Dude Award was going to be given to the bowler with the highest score, but that has become somewhat problematic with so many 300s and more to come, most likely. I'm currently taking ideas on a new criteria for this award, or a further defining of how to pick the winner. What says you fellow leaguers? I am also looking for some kind of Inty sticker to put on the back to make it officially an Inty certified award.

I think the "Dude Award" should be given to the bowler with highest score tallied up in the 8 total games.

Seconded.

If it's a tie, then the bowler who had the highest individual score first wins. So if two bowlers each totaled 2,240, for example, but bowler 1 got a 279 in the first game, and bowler 2 got 268 in the first game, bowler 1 wins the award.

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 1