IGNORED

Intellivision Bowling League

Opry99er

mr_intv, Wish you were in the league this season!!!!! Perhaps you could join the Spring league. :)

Great score. Wish I could hit it, but can't seem to do it on my console. I've come REEEEAL close in emulation (290) but never cracked the 300. My 290 in emulation came before the league started and I can't seem to duplicate it.

Okay guys!!!

Had a shake-up in the standings.... The middle teams all shifted around with a VERY tight cluster at 3,4, and 5!!!!

The top two positions remain unchanged with MAGNIFICENT scores from all bowlers in those two teams!

We had a non-participation this week, as I didn't see a score submitted from HyperBoy. I believe for the sake of the good of the league, I will go with a suggestion made a few pages back that a non-participation will result in a 100 score.

I am having a blast playing Bowling with my boy, and I am glad you all are a part of this league. If the top two teams keep posting 300 scores every week, we may not have much competition for first place. :) Anyway, great work, guys... keep it up, as the season is just gearing up into BEAST MODE!!!!!

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

mr_intv, Wish you were in the league this season!!!!! Perhaps you could join the Spring league. :)

Great score. Wish I could hit it, but can't seem to do it on my console. I've come REEEEAL close in emulation (290) but never cracked the 300. My 290 in emulation came before the league started and I can't seem to duplicate it.

Yea I'm wishing I would have joined the league. If any teams need a alternate I'm available. Lol ? Edited by mr_intv
  • Like 1

So all you 300 bowlers... I'm guessing you mastered the left handed, 16 LB ball, zero slickness, move all the way to the top, just barely press and release Aim, then 6 c'clock curve method?

;-)

Uh oh... Did I just do a 'talk about Fight Club'?

This game would be a good candidate for a Super Pro Bowling update. A couple of things I'd suggest...

- Have the targeting shadow sweep from the bottom to the top of the screen if a left-handed bowler is chosen

- An icon or other graphical change on each possible screen to indicate that this is the Super Pro version

- Maybe some additional sounds

- A cut screen picture or short animation for special events like a turkey, hambone, split conversion or perfect game

• Like 1

This game would be a good candidate for a Super Pro Bowling update. A couple of things I'd suggest...

- Have the targeting shadow sweep from the bottom to the top of the screen if a left-handed bowler is chosen

- An icon or other graphical change on each possible screen to indicate that this is the Super Pro version

- Maybe some additional sounds

- A cut screen picture or short animation for special events like a turkey, hambone, split conversion or perfect game

I'd certainly like someone to confirm the pin size and layout proportions, and maybe different ball diameters based on ball weight, but that may not be possible due to sprite size limitations.

And also look into how the pins respond to the ball collision, and confirm pin to pin collision reactions, to see if any enhancements, or more realism, can be garnered.

In regards to the aim spotter starting location, just start it in the middle regardless of handedness.

I like the idea of a cut scene animation for the various special events.

Intellivoice is always a nice touch.

Maybe an option to type in the bowler's name. That can be used in the cut scenes, and shown on the scoreboard when the game is over. Entering a name should be optional, but will be a nice addition if it is used in more than just the scoreboard.

• Like 4

I'd certainly like someone to confirm the pin size and layout proportions, and maybe different ball diameters based on ball weight, but that may not be possible due to sprite size limitations.

And also look into how the pins respond to the ball collision, and confirm pin to pin collision reactions, to see if any enhancements, or more realism, can be garnered.

In regards to the aim spotter starting location, just start it in the middle regardless of handedness.

I like the idea of a cut scene animation for the various special events.

Intellivoice is always a nice touch.

Maybe an option to type in the bowler's name. That can be used in the cut scenes, and shown on the scoreboard when the game is over. Entering a name should be optional, but will be a nice addition if it is used in more than just the scoreboard.

The balls are the same size. They don't vary by weight.

Intellivoice would be fun. I like the idea of being able to add the bowler's name.

• Like 1