IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable!

I'm not aware of any pre-order programs. You shouldn't have any trouble finding them, though, as they'll be available at all the usual major retailers like Toys R Us; Bed, Bath & Beyond; Staples; Sam's Club; Wal-Mart; Target; etc.

Staples, yay! So no Dollar Store exclusives this time around? I didn't have any of the stores that did the special packages for the ColecoVision Flashback.

Staples, yay! So no Dollar Store exclusives this time around? I didn't have any of the stores that did the special packages for the ColecoVision Flashback.

It hasn't come up in discussions, so I don't believe there are any exclusives this time. The game counts should be the same for everyone: Classic Console/Portable = 80, Atari Flashback 7 = 101, and Atari Flashback Portable = 60.

I suggested doing a press release announcing all of the retail partners, but I'm not sure that's still going to happen.

Edited by Bill Loguidice
  • Like 1

If this thing is basically a portable Genesis, why not include the LYNX games in the library as well? THAT would make this the best Flashback yet! Think about it! 2600 and Lynx games all on one unit. That would be something i would pick up right away!

If you want to run Lynx games, the emulator Handy works really well on Android and Dingoo handhelds.

It hasn't come up in discussions, so I don't believe there are any exclusives this time. The game counts should be the same for everyone: Classic Console/Portable = 80, Atari Flashback 7 = 101, and Atari Flashback Portable = 60.

I suggested doing a press release announcing all of the retail partners, but I'm not sure that's still going to happen.

What is th difference between the classic console portable and the Atari portable?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

They made a portable Genesis with SD card slot. After that they made a version with Master System games and a SD slot. For some reason that version didn't have 6 buttons. I don't get why they couldn't have used that case, or made another one for the portable 2600. Since Lynx wasn't very popular I kinda doubt they'll make a portable one, but if they did They might not even have 30 games to include like the Genesis version. Wonder how much use the SD cart slot would be too.

They made a portable Genesis with SD card slot. After that they made a version with Master System games and a SD slot. For some reason that version didn't have 6 buttons. I don't get why they couldn't have used that case, or made another one for the portable 2600. Since Lynx wasn't very popular I kinda doubt they'll make a portable one, but if they did They might not even have 30 games to include like the Genesis version. Wonder how much use the SD cart slot would be too.

Again, it was a conscious decision to make use of all six buttons that were available to replicate the original console's six switch functionality, plus additional functionality like a menu button. I can understand why from afar it might seem illogical to have six buttons on an Atari portable, but believe me when I tell you they're non-intrusive and in no way interfere with the one action button. You'll be happy that they're easily accessible.

And yes, there are only a couple of Lynx games legally available. It's not an option. Even if there were more games available to use, the fact that public knowledge of the Lynx is virtually non-existent does not work in its favor for development of a mainstream product.

• Like 3

I don't recall them being mentioned, but I haven't seen the full list yet, so I really don't know.

What about Rite-Aid? I've seen that they usually have them in stock every year around September since AtGames took over with the Atari Flashback 3!

Edited by TrekkiELO

As far as availability around here (Mississippi, US) I have only ever seen the Sega Handhelds at Dollar General... but this is what I recall.

1. Dollar General: Atari Flashback, Sega Genesis Classic Console, Genesis Handheld, (Coleco and Intellivision last year). (very low numbers, less than a dozen each per store of each type.)

2. Walgreens: Atari Flashback only.

3. Family Dollar: Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis Classic Console.

4. Kroger (grocery store): Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis Classic Console, (Coleco and Intellivision last year).

5. WalMart: Atari Flashback only that I saw, but I seldom go there, so this isn't as reliable as above listed.

This is what I have seen since the release of the first Sega Genesis Classic Console. I have often been the source of acquisition for these games for others I work with, so in some cases I go to as many as a dozen of any one of these stores in a collecting road trip to pick them up... the point being that the above list has been very consistent for years.

I still have a few of most to give as presents and occasionally sell/trade to someone who learns about them and wants older models and can't find them.

MrBlackCat

Edited by MrBlackCat
  • Like 1

Per this post here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256940-atari-flashback-7/?do=findComment&comment=3591627

ToysRus http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=95653706&cp=&parentPage=search

:?

The Atari Flashback 7 Classic Game Console Features:

• 105 classic games built-in
  • Features absolute konami titles

Edited by TrekkiELO

As far as availability around here (Mississippi, US) I have only ever seen the Sega Handhelds at Dollar General... but this is what I recall.

1. Dollar General: Atari Flashback, Sega Genesis Classic Console, Genesis Handheld, (Coleco and Intellivision last year). (very low numbers, less than a dozen each per store of each type.)

4. Kroger (grocery store): Atari Flashback and Sega Genesis Classic Console, (Coleco and Intellivision last year).

5. WalMart: Atari Flashback only that I saw, but I seldom go there, so this isn't as reliable as above listed.

This is what I have seen since the release of the first Sega Genesis Classic Console. I have often been the source of acquisition for these games for others I work with, so in some cases I go to as many as a dozen of any one of these stores in a collecting road trip to pick them up... the point being that the above list has been very consistent for years.

I still have a few of most to give as presents and occasionally sell/trade to someone who learns about them and wants older models and can't find them.

MrBlackCat

I've seen the Sega Genesis at both Walgreens and Walmart.

• Like 1

Per this post here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/256940-atari-flashback-7/?do=findComment&comment=3591627

ToysRus http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=95653706&cp=&parentPage=search

:?

The Atari Flashback 7 Classic Game Console Features:

• 105 classic games built-in
  • Features absolute konami titles

Not accurate. It's 101 for the Atari Flashback 7, 60 for the Portable, and 80 each for the Sega console and portable.

We'll have the press release for the console game lists out on the 14th. The portables probably a week after.

• Like 1

MrBlackCat

Bed, Bath and Beyond is the best place to get them when they first come out because they offer 20% off one item coupons - all the time. I usually have 2 or 3 at any given time that come in the mail, plus they offer them online too.

• Like 3

Bed, Bath and Beyond is the best place to get them when they first come out because they offer 20% off one item coupons - all the time. I usually have 2 or 3 at any given time that come in the mail, plus they offer them online too.

I have read that also... there isn't a Bed, Bath and Beyond near here however, so I didn't include it as I couldn't personally verify it.

MrBlackCat

• Like 1

I'm not going to do this again going forward, but I wanted to make sure the info got to the right posts, so you'll probably see this in a few other threads...

The Atari Flashback 7, Sega Classic Console, and Sega portable should all be out on or before October 1 (Staples already broke street date). The Atari Flashback Portable will not be out until some time in November.

• Like 2